*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Golden State Warriors (01/18/21 @ 7:00 pm PT) Gm# 15 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 8526

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
2 minutes left, and lebron got called for a travel outside the 3 point line which rarely gets called especially against a super star late in game.... then draymond traveled on his layup, no call.


That was BS...refs have actually been calling on that LBJ more noticeably this year.

He did travel, but it wasn’t like he took 4 steps
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 3871

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject:

AD played MVP basketball in the first half, getting it done everywhere and making elite passes. I believe he was +25.

I'm not sure what happened in the 2nd. We ceded the momentum to GS and they just clowned us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 22 Nov 2004
Posts: 26017

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
The refs gifted this game to the W's and nothing will change my mind


A lot of bad calls that’s for sure, that Green basket should have been a travel.


if only they call every travel correctly.. oh wait.. that would mean Lebron is f*cked
_________________
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 3229

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
Is this one of those trap games? Don't tell me we are losing on a buzzer beater from Steph


No chance. He never makes shots against them. Even in the down years.


I called it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Posts: 18511
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
2 minutes left, and lebron got called for a travel outside the 3 point line which rarely gets called especially against a super star late in game.... then draymond traveled on his layup, no call.


That was BS...refs have actually been calling on that LBJ more noticeably this year.

He did travel, but it wasn’t like he took 4 steps


Draymond also traveled = no call
_________________
Rest In Paradise Kobe & GiGi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 22 Nov 2004
Posts: 26017

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:08 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
Those last seconds is when your best player demands the ball and everybody gets tf out the way. Bron ain't that guy. Never has, never will.

LeBron took the last shot. This narrative needs to be laid to rest man.


When it was scripted. Bron didn't want the ball in transition just like he didn't want it in Boston 2 years ago. I've seen this rodeo way too many times.


you know, people who saw Kobe play would understand it perfectly, Kobe would not have half assed it on MLK day... but again, Lebron Im sure would turn it up in the playoffs.
_________________
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 9391

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:09 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
2 minutes left, and lebron got called for a travel outside the 3 point line which rarely gets called especially against a super star late in game.... then draymond traveled on his layup, no call.


That was BS...refs have actually been calling on that LBJ more noticeably this year.

He did travel, but it wasn’t like he took 4 steps


Oh, I know, but that's a no call unless you call it all the time, which they do not. If they did, teams would likely have 30+ turnovers minimum a game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 9391

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:11 pm    Post subject:

I just went back and checked play by play and its more aggravating...up 108-101 with 4:35 minutes to go.

Then the next 3 minutes the Lakers get outscored 11-0.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BruceLee-Bron23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 10 Jul 2019
Posts: 157

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Its all good guys....Smoke a lil weed forget the game...We’ll win the next one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 9391

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:13 pm    Post subject:

James Worthy: They weren't communicating, got out of synch, took things for granted.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Dec 2013
Posts: 5800

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
The refs gifted this game to the W's and nothing will change my mind


A lot of bad calls that’s for sure, that Green basket should have been a travel.


if only they call every travel correctly.. oh wait.. that would mean Lebron is f*cked

Would also mean curry would never even sniff 20 points a game but nice try Chief
_________________
Creatures crawl in search of blood, To terrorize y'all's neighborhood.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 13946
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:16 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Interesting stat:

AD 6-16 from the field

LBJ 6-16 from the field.

They were combined 2-8 from 3.

Combined scored only 36 points.

Probably worst combined performance this year. Usually we do not see both shooting under 40%.


Definitely an ugly , unmotivated performance from MVP and MVP but to be honest I’m completely over it already.
Credit to GSW they didn’t want to get swept by us again this season and they went out a hooped.

Tonight should of been the Season Opener. An Fwiw I’m happy with our current record and how our team is coming together but tonight should of been Game 1 of the regular season.

Some people forgot that we just got done winning a Championship 3 months ago. Lebron and AD having a few nights during the regular season where they are a bit lackadaisical is bound to happen.

Let these other teams who came in second place have their Game 7 performances now in the regular season.
Lebron and AD will pocket that for when it matters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 9391

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:16 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
The refs gifted this game to the W's and nothing will change my mind


A lot of bad calls that’s for sure, that Green basket should have been a travel.


if only they call every travel correctly.. oh wait.. that would mean Lebron is f*cked

Would also mean curry would never even sniff 20 points a game but nice try Chief


Just curious Eddie, Lakers shot 13 more free throws, how do you figure? (I mean they made some bad calls, but Lakers did get to the line more; just a tad better FT shooting and its a W)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 1834

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Anyone know was tonight lost ended our win 3rd quarter lead win streak? If so what was record before tonight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 9391

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:20 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Interesting stat:

AD 6-16 from the field

LBJ 6-16 from the field.

They were combined 2-8 from 3.

Combined scored only 36 points.

Probably worst combined performance this year. Usually we do not see both shooting under 40%.


Definitely an ugly , unmotivated performance from MVP and MVP but to be honest I’m completely over it already.
Credit to GSW they didn’t want to get swept by us again this season and they went out a hooped.

Tonight should of been the Season Opener. An Fwiw I’m happy with our current record and how our team is coming together but tonight should of been Game 1 of the regular season.

Some people forgot that we just got done winning a Championship 3 months ago. Lebron and AD having a few nights during the regular season where they are a bit lackadaisical is bound to happen.

Let these other teams who came in second place have their Game 7 performances now in the regular season.
Lebron and AD will pocket that for when it matters


Just would like an "unquestioned" quality win vs a potential playoff team. So far, all wins vs a non playoff team, a playoff team missing 1 of its star players, or the Rockets situation where who knows what Harden was doing in those wins vs them.

Was hoping we would have that tonight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 9391

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:20 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Anyone know was tonight lost ended our win 3rd quarter lead win streak? If so what was record before tonight.


That ended vs Lillard and company earlier this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Dec 2013
Posts: 5800

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:22 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
The refs gifted this game to the W's and nothing will change my mind


A lot of bad calls that’s for sure, that Green basket should have been a travel.


if only they call every travel correctly.. oh wait.. that would mean Lebron is f*cked

Would also mean curry would never even sniff 20 points a game but nice try Chief


Just curious Eddie, Lakers shot 13 more free throws, how do you figure? (I mean they made some bad calls, but Lakers did get to the line more; just a tad better FT shooting and its a W)

Oubre taunting and the coward refs afraid of giving him his 2nd T.
Oubre hacking Lebron all game W no call.
Davis (who lets face it- gets fouled every time he's in the post) lots of no calls.
Draymond Vs. Lebron Travel.
We gave up a 20 point lead, AND a 17 point lead.
Either the Lakers are the worst team in the league ( our record says otherwise) or there was some funny business cause no team just "gives up" two leads that big.

Curry taking four step after a dribble to get his shot off.
etc etc...
_________________
Creatures crawl in search of blood, To terrorize y'all's neighborhood.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Feb 2015
Posts: 3858

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:23 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Vogel shouldn't have left Kuz in the game. I don't need to look at the analytics to understand he is not that good defensively. I would have rather had AC in for defensive purposes, but we would have been good offensively. Kuz is not a late game player.


Honestly not sure if that would have made a difference. They just seemed out of sorts. Also, am I the only one noticing there was (at least observable) more barking between the guys tonight?

Just a wierd game. Lakers kept building leads, letting them go, then at the end just got smoked. Their defense was really poor in the second half giving up two 30+ quarters, after not giving up one in the first half.


I get what you are saying, but I always think a better defensive line up will make a difference. The offense to me will take care of itself. We have enough to excel in that area. But to have someone useless out there.... Even with DS, makes everything unravel on that end of the floor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Aug 2005
Posts: 2199

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Vogel shouldn't have left Kuz in the game. I don't need to look at the analytics to understand he is not that good defensively. I would have rather had AC in for defensive purposes, but we would have been good offensively. Kuz is not a late game player.


Honestly not sure if that would have made a difference. They just seemed out of sorts. Also, am I the only one noticing there was (at least observable) more barking between the guys tonight?

Just a wierd game. Lakers kept building leads, letting them go, then at the end just got smoked. Their defense was really poor in the second half giving up two 30+ quarters, after not giving up one in the first half.


I get what you are saying, but I always think a better defensive line up will make a difference. The offense to me will take care of itself. We have enough to excel in that area. But to have someone useless out there.... Even with DS, makes everything unravel on that end of the floor.


The offense was out of sorts. We needed a spark offensively too but I agree that Caruso might have been a better option. I think Vogel went with Kuzma because he was trying to ride the hot hand which a lot of coaches should do. In fact, if we lost this game and Vogel didn’t put Kuz back in there, this thread would be like “why didn’t you put him back in there!?” If anything, sitting him for those two or three minutes cooled him off.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Theseus
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Dec 2007
Posts: 8592

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Lakers went ice cold down the stretch, and the Warriors were hot.

Man, can't believe Gasol got a technical while barely arguing, and players like Pascal and some other guy I've never heard of were barking at officials with no technicals. Weird how "reputations" go out the window sometimes.

Odd to see Lebron get called on a travel which would have led to a basket or a foul for Lebron, while Draymond got away with a travel that was even more obvious than Lebron's which led to a basket.

That last play was atrocious, what the hell were the Lakers doing. Did they not know the clock or something?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Sep 2008
Posts: 5424
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Oh well, should have easily won it, but the wheels kind of came off after that sizzling first quarter/half. Onto the next one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Feb 2019
Posts: 4471

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
This loss has been brewing for sometime tbh.

They continue down this path, they will get destroyed by better teams than tonight’s opponent. Entire team is feeling themselves too much.

They looked like the load management clippers tonight.

It also wasn’t the 3s that really killed them. It was all those dunks and layups on no effort plays and missed assignments all night.

The bottom line is this team is poor at home. The energy and focus on the road is drastically different. It starts with LeBron. You can clearly see he gets up more for road games. With no home fans his level of interest drops. He almost always gets up for the Warriors. Tonight he looked like he wanted to be any place else from start to finish. The rest of the team follows his lead, including AD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 1375

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:35 pm    Post subject:

I blame DS for choking. Turnover on inbounds, missed free throw to tie, wasted the shot clock dribbling around at the end.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 6165

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:37 pm    Post subject:

There was no “funny business”. Lakers just did not play hard the entire 48 mins. GS did.

Defensive energy sucked during this GS runs. No close outs or rotations. Davis needs to have another tantrum.

On offense they were far too casual. Turnovers and poor shot selection.

Basically they took big leads for a reason, they lost big leads for a reason. GS just showed more heart and wanted it more.

On to the next game. Obviously the Lakers have already moved. They played the 4th like they wanted to beat traffic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Mar 2014
Posts: 2250

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
I blame DS for choking. Turnover on inbounds, missed free throw to tie, wasted the shot clock dribbling around at the end.


That Turnover was on Bron.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 37 of 38
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB