*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Golden State Warriors (01/18/21 @ 7:00 pm PT) Gm# 15 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
2 minutes left, and lebron got called for a travel outside the 3 point line which rarely gets called especially against a super star late in game.... then draymond traveled on his layup, no call.

That was BS...refs have actually been calling on that LBJ more noticeably this year.

He did travel, but it wasn’t like he took 4 steps
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

AD played MVP basketball in the first half, getting it done everywhere and making elite passes. I believe he was +25.

I'm not sure what happened in the 2nd. We ceded the momentum to GS and they just clowned us.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

Inspector Gadget wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
The refs gifted this game to the W's and nothing will change my mind

A lot of bad calls that’s for sure, that Green basket should have been a travel.

if only they call every travel correctly.. oh wait.. that would mean Lebron is f*cked
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
Is this one of those trap games? Don't tell me we are losing on a buzzer beater from Steph

No chance. He never makes shots against them. Even in the down years.

I called it
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
2 minutes left, and lebron got called for a travel outside the 3 point line which rarely gets called especially against a super star late in game.... then draymond traveled on his layup, no call.

That was BS...refs have actually been calling on that LBJ more noticeably this year.

Draymond also traveled = no call
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:08 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:
Those last seconds is when your best player demands the ball and everybody gets tf out the way. Bron ain't that guy. Never has, never will.

LeBron took the last shot. This narrative needs to be laid to rest man.

When it was scripted. Bron didn't want the ball in transition just like he didn't want it in Boston 2 years ago. I've seen this rodeo way too many times.

you know, people who saw Kobe play would understand it perfectly, Kobe would not have half assed it on MLK day... but again, Lebron Im sure would turn it up in the playoffs.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:09 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Oh, I know, but that's a no call unless you call it all the time, which they do not. If they did, teams would likely have 30+ turnovers minimum a game.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:11 pm    Post subject:

I just went back and checked play by play and its more aggravating...up 108-101 with 4:35 minutes to go.

Then the next 3 minutes the Lakers get outscored 11-0.
BruceLee-Bron23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Its all good guys....Smoke a lil weed forget the game...We’ll win the next one.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:13 pm    Post subject:

James Worthy: They weren't communicating, got out of synch, took things for granted.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

A lot of bad calls that’s for sure, that Green basket should have been a travel.

if only they call every travel correctly.. oh wait.. that would mean Lebron is f*cked

Would also mean curry would never even sniff 20 points a game but nice try Chief
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:16 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Interesting stat:

AD 6-16 from the field

LBJ 6-16 from the field.

They were combined 2-8 from 3.

Combined scored only 36 points.

Probably worst combined performance this year. Usually we do not see both shooting under 40%.

Definitely an ugly , unmotivated performance from MVP and MVP but to be honest I’m completely over it already.
Credit to GSW they didn’t want to get swept by us again this season and they went out a hooped.

Tonight should of been the Season Opener. An Fwiw I’m happy with our current record and how our team is coming together but tonight should of been Game 1 of the regular season.

Some people forgot that we just got done winning a Championship 3 months ago. Lebron and AD having a few nights during the regular season where they are a bit lackadaisical is bound to happen.

Let these other teams who came in second place have their Game 7 performances now in the regular season.
Lebron and AD will pocket that for when it matters
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:16 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

Would also mean curry would never even sniff 20 points a game but nice try Chief

Just curious Eddie, Lakers shot 13 more free throws, how do you figure? (I mean they made some bad calls, but Lakers did get to the line more; just a tad better FT shooting and its a W)
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Anyone know was tonight lost ended our win 3rd quarter lead win streak? If so what was record before tonight.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Interesting stat:

AD 6-16 from the field

LBJ 6-16 from the field.

They were combined 2-8 from 3.

Combined scored only 36 points.

Probably worst combined performance this year. Usually we do not see both shooting under 40%.

Definitely an ugly , unmotivated performance from MVP and MVP but to be honest I’m completely over it already.
Credit to GSW they didn’t want to get swept by us again this season and they went out a hooped.

Tonight should of been the Season Opener. An Fwiw I’m happy with our current record and how our team is coming together but tonight should of been Game 1 of the regular season.

Some people forgot that we just got done winning a Championship 3 months ago. Lebron and AD having a few nights during the regular season where they are a bit lackadaisical is bound to happen.

Let these other teams who came in second place have their Game 7 performances now in the regular season.
Lebron and AD will pocket that for when it matters

Just would like an "unquestioned" quality win vs a potential playoff team. So far, all wins vs a non playoff team, a playoff team missing 1 of its star players, or the Rockets situation where who knows what Harden was doing in those wins vs them.

Was hoping we would have that tonight.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

miggz23 wrote:
Anyone know was tonight lost ended our win 3rd quarter lead win streak? If so what was record before tonight.

That ended vs Lillard and company earlier this year.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:22 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

Just curious Eddie, Lakers shot 13 more free throws, how do you figure? (I mean they made some bad calls, but Lakers did get to the line more; just a tad better FT shooting and its a W)

Oubre taunting and the coward refs afraid of giving him his 2nd T.
Oubre hacking Lebron all game W no call.
Davis (who lets face it- gets fouled every time he's in the post) lots of no calls.
Draymond Vs. Lebron Travel.
We gave up a 20 point lead, AND a 17 point lead.
Either the Lakers are the worst team in the league ( our record says otherwise) or there was some funny business cause no team just "gives up" two leads that big.

Curry taking four step after a dribble to get his shot off.
etc etc...
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:23 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Vogel shouldn't have left Kuz in the game. I don't need to look at the analytics to understand he is not that good defensively. I would have rather had AC in for defensive purposes, but we would have been good offensively. Kuz is not a late game player.

Honestly not sure if that would have made a difference. They just seemed out of sorts. Also, am I the only one noticing there was (at least observable) more barking between the guys tonight?

Just a wierd game. Lakers kept building leads, letting them go, then at the end just got smoked. Their defense was really poor in the second half giving up two 30+ quarters, after not giving up one in the first half.

I get what you are saying, but I always think a better defensive line up will make a difference. The offense to me will take care of itself. We have enough to excel in that area. But to have someone useless out there.... Even with DS, makes everything unravel on that end of the floor.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Vogel shouldn't have left Kuz in the game. I don't need to look at the analytics to understand he is not that good defensively. I would have rather had AC in for defensive purposes, but we would have been good offensively. Kuz is not a late game player.

Honestly not sure if that would have made a difference. They just seemed out of sorts. Also, am I the only one noticing there was (at least observable) more barking between the guys tonight?

Just a wierd game. Lakers kept building leads, letting them go, then at the end just got smoked. Their defense was really poor in the second half giving up two 30+ quarters, after not giving up one in the first half.

I get what you are saying, but I always think a better defensive line up will make a difference. The offense to me will take care of itself. We have enough to excel in that area. But to have someone useless out there.... Even with DS, makes everything unravel on that end of the floor.

The offense was out of sorts. We needed a spark offensively too but I agree that Caruso might have been a better option. I think Vogel went with Kuzma because he was trying to ride the hot hand which a lot of coaches should do. In fact, if we lost this game and Vogel didn’t put Kuz back in there, this thread would be like “why didn’t you put him back in there!?” If anything, sitting him for those two or three minutes cooled him off.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Lakers went ice cold down the stretch, and the Warriors were hot.

Man, can't believe Gasol got a technical while barely arguing, and players like Pascal and some other guy I've never heard of were barking at officials with no technicals. Weird how "reputations" go out the window sometimes.

Odd to see Lebron get called on a travel which would have led to a basket or a foul for Lebron, while Draymond got away with a travel that was even more obvious than Lebron's which led to a basket.

That last play was atrocious, what the hell were the Lakers doing. Did they not know the clock or something?
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Oh well, should have easily won it, but the wheels kind of came off after that sizzling first quarter/half. Onto the next one.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
This loss has been brewing for sometime tbh.

They continue down this path, they will get destroyed by better teams than tonight’s opponent. Entire team is feeling themselves too much.

They looked like the load management clippers tonight.

It also wasn’t the 3s that really killed them. It was all those dunks and layups on no effort plays and missed assignments all night.

The bottom line is this team is poor at home. The energy and focus on the road is drastically different. It starts with LeBron. You can clearly see he gets up more for road games. With no home fans his level of interest drops. He almost always gets up for the Warriors. Tonight he looked like he wanted to be any place else from start to finish. The rest of the team follows his lead, including AD.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:35 pm    Post subject:

I blame DS for choking. Turnover on inbounds, missed free throw to tie, wasted the shot clock dribbling around at the end.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:37 pm    Post subject:

There was no “funny business”. Lakers just did not play hard the entire 48 mins. GS did.

Defensive energy sucked during this GS runs. No close outs or rotations. Davis needs to have another tantrum.

On offense they were far too casual. Turnovers and poor shot selection.

Basically they took big leads for a reason, they lost big leads for a reason. GS just showed more heart and wanted it more.

On to the next game. Obviously the Lakers have already moved. They played the 4th like they wanted to beat traffic.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
I blame DS for choking. Turnover on inbounds, missed free throw to tie, wasted the shot clock dribbling around at the end.

That Turnover was on Bron.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 37 of 38
Jump to: