What are your most Controversial opinions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:42 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Leftists should whine less and instead move to purple/red states or join conservative organizations and subvert them from the inside.

I wish we on the left had some kind of insidious longterm movement to make America into a fully functioning social democracy, just like how conservatives have had an insidious longterm movement to turn America into a Christian autocratic theocracy.

At this point, short of violence and other immoral things, I don't give a F how it looks. We just need to get it done, and if we get it done, our nation and everyone in it will be so much better off.

I wish the left had an evil genius like Karl Rove or Steve Bannon to help us out with this.

There's somewhat of an equivalent in law school -- it's called the American Constitution Society. But, like with most left-ish things, the umbrella's a bit too small to cover all the varied constituents -- so little gets *done* and it becomes more of a thing on your resume. This isn't to say it does nothing, but it's nothing comparable to the actual machine that is FedSoc.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:47 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Leftists should whine less and instead move to purple/red states or join conservative organizations and subvert them from the inside.

Cut, sorry for the delayed movie responses - they're comin'. Busy at work combined with Westbrook bs and the hell of recent politics have taken me out of the movie mindset at the moment.

Relevant
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:39 am    Post subject:

Durian is delicious
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:20 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Durian is delicious

You're Asian, right? I think you said that before. Assuming you may be accustomed to durian after eating it as a young person, do you think it smells how Westerners think it does? It's one of the few things Andrew Zimmern can't eat and this is a guy who has eaten a plethora of animal genitals and chitterlings. There's a hotel somewhere in Asia that had a sign stating that it was a durian free zone. Prolly because Westerners stayed there.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:20 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
governator wrote:
Durian is delicious

You're Asian, right? I think you said that before. Assuming you may be accustomed to durian after eating it as a young person, do you think it smells how Westerners think it does? It's one of the few things Andrew Zimmern can't eat and this is a guy who has eaten a plethora of animal genitals and chitterlings. There's a hotel somewhere in Asia that had a sign stating that it was a durian free zone. Prolly because Westerners stayed there.

good point, it does smell but smells regular to me, nothing foul
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Thank goodness that my filipino in-laws are also repulsed by durian fruit, as I am. I had the misfortune of being near it once.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:20 am    Post subject:

DELETED DOUBLE POST jodeke

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Abe Lincoln

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is consider a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:21 am    Post subject:

Durian Fruit: Health Benefits, Nutrition, Uses For Skin And Hair, Recipes, Side Effects

LINK

Durian Fruit Benefit

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Abe Lincoln
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:31 am    Post subject:

Most of us talk to ourselves. Is it time to seek help when we start to answer ourselves?

Abe Lincoln
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:46 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Most of us talk to ourselves. Is it time to seek help when we start to answer ourselves?

No, only when you argue with yourself and lose.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:28 pm    Post subject:

https://imgur.com/gallery/Vr9kejh
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:17 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Thank goodness that my filipino in-laws are also repulsed by durian fruit, as I am. I had the misfortune of being near it once.

the frozen ones in Asian supermarkets usually had lost its pungentness, still sweet but the odor is gone, if you wanna retry it
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70
Page 70 of 70
Jump to: