NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2689, 2690, 2691 ... 2902, 2903, 2904  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:56 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
https://x.com/totalprosports/status/1802698587416973481?s=46&t=LZLzjVPmosqPbICOlCZLnQ

Good. I hope he goes.

He can talk all regular season about how good the manufactured regular season merchant flopping Embiid and then get passive aggressive when they lose in the playoffs.

Please sign, but I’m sure this is just to scare dumb dumb Jeanie.

Elton James?

Did Elton Brand drop that much weight? I guess we will see.

LePassiveAggressive isn’t going to deny it anyway. It’s all a ploy to get Jeanie to fall for it, which she will.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:03 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
defense wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
https://x.com/totalprosports/status/1802698587416973481?s=46&t=LZLzjVPmosqPbICOlCZLnQ

Good. I hope he goes.

He can talk all regular season about how good the manufactured regular season merchant flopping Embiid and then get passive aggressive when they lose in the playoffs.

Elton James?

LePassiveAggressive isn’t going to deny it anyway. It’s all a ploy to get Jeanie to fall for it, which she will.

I mean fall for what? She has already offered anything and everything Bron wants. I can’t imagine her offering anymore!
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:13 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
defense wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Good. I hope he goes.

Elton James?

I mean fall for what? She has already offered anything and everything Bron wants. I can’t imagine her offering anymore!

Her first born is available
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:22 am    Post subject:

I can go back to hating LJ again. Jeannie is deranged. She thinks LJ will be the new ambassador for the Lakers to help with free agents. He is all about himself and nobody else.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:23 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I can go back to hating LJ again. Jeannie is deranged. She thinks LJ will be the new ambassador for the Lakers to help with free agents. He is all about himself and nobody else.

LeBron was never going to be an ambassador for the Lakers post-retirement. He’s going to own a different team.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:30 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

LeBron was never going to be an ambassador for the Lakers post-retirement. He’s going to own a different team.

Very true. I also meant dislike (hate is to strong).
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:37 am    Post subject:

https://youtube.com/shorts/VYePeO0wngo?si=coGGVmR7f3x75TcH
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:41 am    Post subject:

TPS wrote:
Jun 17, 2024ReplyRetweetFavorite

Tampering?
skin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:50 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
TPS wrote:

Tampering?

apparently that's actually Elton Brand
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:51 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:

Jeannie is really dumb enough to think a player near retiring cares rats arse about recruiting another player for your team? players recruit each other for sure, but during their prime age, not when your one foot is already out of the door.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:30 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Good. I hope he goes.

Should have engaged with Golden State about a trade.

He had an NTC right?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:40 am    Post subject:

skin wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
TPS wrote:

Tampering?

apparently that's actually Elton Brand

Elton Brand’s head is more roundish and if you look closer that does seem to look like LeBron
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:50 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Good. I hope he goes.

He had an NTC right?

He did not. The Lakers ran it by Klutch and he wasn’t interested. They would have had to be a little ruthless so it wasn’t happening but they could have gone down the road if they wanted. As a result, the LeBron experience will end with a $50M player either retiring or leaving for nothing.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:52 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
I don't think the 2025 pick is going to be the difference between a successful rebuild or not

We keep devaluing the draft and then wonder why we don’t have any valuable young players. Our best young asset is Reaves who was an undrafted project that panned out but we have been burning through picks for years that could have been useful. A lot more than 1yr of Dennis and 1.5yrs of Westbrook were.

Regarding an AD trade I agree that OKC probably isn’t the ideal partner, although they hold a bunch of picks that aren’t their own. I’d only be speculating in terms of a package. What I do know is our car is racing towards a cliff and we can jump out now or wait until we go over the edge. There is nothing more painful than rebuilding with no picks. 2025 is already out the door. 2027 is already out the door. Let’s not be drunk at the blackjack table.

Yup. I hope we are done trading 1st round picks.

Target bad contracts like Jerami Grant or guys with off court issues like Miles Briges to bridge the gap between these last couple LeBron years.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:54 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
tox wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Good. I hope he goes.

He had an NTC right?

He did not. The Lakers ran it by Klutch and he wasn’t interested. They would have had to be a little ruthless so it wasn’t happening but they could have gone down the road if they wanted. As a result, the LeBron experience will end with a $50M player either retiring or leaving for nothing.

Being ruthless is what the team we all hate a perennial contender and 10 year window with Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown
jb2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:17 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
TPS wrote:

Tampering?

The Sixers front office is allowed to meet whenever and wherever they want. Unless this is 2006 Elton Brand is under contract with another team
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:39 pm    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
defense wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Good. I hope he goes.

Elton James?

Fall for his “I’m going to leave, no really!” Bull (bleep). He’s going to maximize his dollars in the best place to maximize it.

Jeanie thinks he’s going to leave her and that everyone will laugh at her.

One of these days we will have a new ownership group and have an actual competent basketball ops as opposed to the (bleep) show “partnership” we have now.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:39 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Maybe we can swing Lonzo for Russell. He is a major injury risk, so Chicago might go for it. At this point we have to take risks.

We're going to have a 1st year coach, a team built on 2 injury prone players and one of them is 40, in a year where we don't have a first round pick. We don't need to be importing more risk. We have enough risk already.

My hope is simply that we can squeeze out one more first round exit from this team. Advancing beyond that would just be a bonus and might get Jeannie above the poverty line. Then we can blow it all up properly and get off this treadmill.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:04 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
kfkilla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
defense wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Good. I hope he goes.

Elton James?

Fall for his “I’m going to leave, no really!” Bull (bleep). He’s going to maximize his dollars in the best place to maximize it.

One of these days we will have a new ownership group and have an actual competent basketball ops as opposed to the (bleep) show “partnership” we have now.

No I get it. I was more referring to what else can she give LeBron? She’s already bending over backward to give him everything in her power. There is nothing else she can offer!
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
REPORT: Klay Thompson is seeking a 3-year deal in free agency, per @MontePooleNBCS.

For those reasons, Thompson realizes he won’t see anything like his expiring contract, a five-year max worth $190 million. League sources indicate he’s seeking an offer of at least three years.

https://x.com/MontePooleNBCS/status/1802798698264768581
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Klay is going to get money from a young team wanting a good veteran player.

He's been a model citizen, he doesn't have any reported locker room/front office issues. He seamlessly fits on any team as an off-ball player.

He's got 4 rings. I don't think chasing a ring is going to do anything for him any this point.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:03 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
kfkilla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
defense wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Good. I hope he goes.

Elton James?

The toxic masculinity on this board is unreal. Jeanie is almost 63 years old and has been in the halls of power for 30 years . . . but some on here act like she's the 16 year old cheerleader who laughed at them in homeroom.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
kfkilla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
defense wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Good. I hope he goes.

Elton James?

The toxic masculinity on this board is unreal. Jeanie is almost 63 years old and has been in the halls of power for 30 years . . . but some on here act like she's the 16 year old cheerleader who laughed at them in homeroom.

Huh? What toxic masculinity?

She doesn’t have the net worth to operate in the modern sports environment. The same can be said of a few male owners too.

This has nothing to do with male or female. It’s incompetent ownership.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:17 pm    Post subject:

https://www.nola.com/sports/pelicans/brandon-ingram-decision-part-of-critical-summer-for-pelicans/article_90ac9e8c-2b35-11ef-bae9-d77f187f8c5d.html?utm_source=reddit.com

Quote:
Ingram has one year remaining on his contract. On July 6, he becomes eligible to sign a four-year extension worth $208 million. The Pelicans value Ingram’s talent and his down-to-earth personality, but as The Times-Picayune reported in May, the team does not have a willingness to pay him a contract worth $52 million in average annual value.

The best player the Lakers drafted in their most recent rebuilding project.

Honestly, the homerism of these mid players may have been the worst part of rebuilding. It may be even worse than being bad and having no light at the end of the tunnel.

People wanted to wait 5+ years just to prove that a guy is mid.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Wouldn’t surprise me if Philly has Klay Thompson as plan C if they can’t land either LeBron or Paul George
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2689, 2690, 2691 ... 2902, 2903, 2904  Next
Page 2690 of 2904
Jump to: