LAKERS -at- NUGGETS - 4-22-24 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:44 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
james5000 wrote:
Player for Player these teams are so closely matched, the difference between the teams is more cohesion and balance.

AD really has cancelled out Jokic
Lebron has probably been better than Murray.

Denvers other players have just done so much more damage.

I'm shocked Lakers bench has been so toothless, I really did expect more from them.

Starting 5 for Lakers overall has matched Denver score for score basically but the bench is 29-17, all of those 17 points have come from 1 player!

They say role players play better at home, we better hope so.

Coming into the season I really thought we would have one of the deepest bench in the league. I know Vando/Gabe/Wood inuries have something to do with that... But I didn't expect Dinwiddie/Gabe to lay multiple donuts in a playoff series. Specially Gabe.
Many say that Ham restricted Dinwiddle (who is a certified and consistent scorer in the past) and Vincent (proven clutch shooter/defender) on offense - interesting.

As the Heat has shown in their game with the Celtics - they ALWAYS play with confidence that is shown in their effort, grit, persistence and commitment to play with confidence.

Who has the Black Mamba leadership chutzball/swag/passion to ***CLOSE**** the Nuggets and be Da Man.

If it is AD, then he should break off the play to get in the paint to say - Give me the Damm Ball NOW!!!

If it is LBJ, then he needs to tell AD get in the Damm Paint to do your thing. If he is not swarmed/double-teamed - Go to Work. If you are surrounded, give me the ball I will make the right play

If it is AR, get AD and LBJ in the right place so that he can either deliver the ball at the right place to AD/LBJ or create wide open shots for DLo, give Rui the ball when he backdoors his man and/or drive the paint

If it is DLo, he needs to show that he actually has ICE in His Veins when shooting the ball

If it is Rui the Ninja, he needs to make himself available by moving and/or bakcdooring and MAKE baskets

Since sometimes it appears that the Lakers are Star-Gazing at LBJ/AD - maybe for a short minutes at the end of the first quarter, put out a pure energy lineup of Hayes to Dinwiddle to Vincent to Prince to Christie.

So far, Jokic/Murray is more effective than AD/LBJ. At the end of games, Nuggets just put the ball in Jokic/Murray hands and they win. At the end of games, its LBJ by himself with AD nowhere to be found - is this good Basketball IQ? Where is the AD/LBJ P&R/Pop whose actions will create openings for Rui/DLo/AR. ISO'ng at the Top of the Key shoudl translate into either baskets or fouls, if not - rebounds because the defense is collapsing on LBJ?
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:27 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
james5000 wrote:
Player for Player these teams are so closely matched, the difference between the teams is more cohesion and balance.

AD really has cancelled out Jokic
Lebron has probably been better than Murray.

Denvers other players have just done so much more damage.

Im shocked Lakers bench has been so toothless, I really did expect more from them.

Starting 5 for Lakers overall has matched Denver score for score basically but the bench is 29-17, all of those 17 points have come from 1 player!

They say role players play better at home, we better hope so.
Coming into the season I really thought we would have one of the deepest bench in the league. I know Vando/Gabe/Wood inuries have something to do with that... But I didn't expect Dinwiddie/Gabe to lay multiple donuts in a playoff series. Specially Gabe.
Mostly coaching. Gabe had the setback injury wise, but they are not allowed to do much of anything offensively.
Doesn't Ham preach that if a player has a completely open shot, he should take it. Did Ham think that Vincent had the opportunity to make a pass to another player for a better shot? Since Vincent is usually not in with both AD/LBJ in the game and usually with a lot of subs - doesn't/shouldn't Ham have more trust of Vincent making a shot - as oppose to Prince???

I think they have no problem with him taking a shot, but the number of actions where guys like Vincent/Dinwiddie are moving in the offense and given a purpose other than go stand over there, is pretty small. Not sure it even happens more than once a game. They are easy to cover and predictable.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: