Should the Lakers tank the first play-in game to avoid Denver?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Tank the play-in game against New Orleans to avoid Denver?
Yes
16%
 16%  [ 14 ]
No
83%
 83%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 85

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
the best option for the lakers is lose tomorrow's game, and Kings beats Warriors. i'd take the chance of a due to die home game against the Kings, especially with Monk still out. that's the best path for the Lakers, but frankly, i don't see Kings beating the Warriors with Monk out.

I just want to let everyone know how much of a bad look it will be for the team if they end up sabotaging the Pelicans game just to avoid a opponent, I want to warn you guys if we do tank the game today, the game against the Warriors/Kings will not be easy, if you have a opportunity in front of you, you need to appreciate it because this team can’t afford to slack off
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:38 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
the best option for the lakers is lose tomorrow's game, and Kings beats Warriors. i'd take the chance of a due to die home game against the Kings, especially with Monk still out. that's the best path for the Lakers, but frankly, i don't see Kings beating the Warriors with Monk out.

I just want to let everyone know how much of a bad look it will be for the team if they end up sabotaging the Pelicans game just to avoid a opponent, I want to warn you guys if we do tank the game today, the game against the Warriors/Kings will not be easy, if you have a opportunity in front of you, you need to appreciate it because this team can’t afford to slack off

If we lose we will know if we tanked or not.
james5000
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

100% agree, but not just this team. No team can afford to slack off, every team can be dangerous in a 1 off game.

Nuggets are looking beatable with Murray coming back from injury.
They might get stronger when he gets healthier.

I do think injuries are bound to happen so a strong team can drop off if a top player gets hurt on their run.

Win against the Pels and face Denver with AD and Lebron still healthy
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:09 pm    Post subject:

james5000 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

100% agree, but not just this team. No team can afford to slack off, every team can be dangerous in a 1 off game.

Nuggets are looking beatable with Murray coming back from injury.
They might get stronger when he gets healthier.

I do think injuries are bound to happen so a strong team can drop off if a top player gets hurt on their run.

Win against the Pels and face Denver with AD and Lebron still healthy

Dont look too heavily into Denver not looking as great recently. Its the same (bleep) as last year when they slacked off towards the end of the regular season. Way to know this for sure is check Murray's numbers since he came back. His shooting percentage and volume are as good as ever - meaning when Denver is in the playoffs, they will lock right back in. Plus this year they have the confidence and true inner belief that they are the best team in the league 1. Beating the experienced and prior champs Lebron/AD Lakers 8 straight times 2. Taking the 64-win "most talented team in the league" Celtics best shots and outexecuting them in crunch time BOTH times this year. and 3. Winning the ring last year. That kind of confidence, is nearly impossible to shake off. That kind of confidence plus the talent and one of the greatest 4th quarter executing teams of all time - nearly impossible to beat.

Way for us to win? Simple. We need an injury to Jokic/Murray or MPJ. Barring that, we have little to no shot.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Do we even have a counter to Nuggs. They are like the old jazz where you knew what was coming but couldn’t stop it. We have zero schemes on either side of the ball. Not saying it’s impossible but watching them close games is pretty methodical.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Do we even have a counter to Nuggs. They are like the old jazz where you knew what was coming but couldn’t stop it. We have zero schemes on either side of the ball. Not saying it’s impossible but watching them close games is pretty methodical.

Dude a comparison to the Jazz is apt. With Shaq's defensive pick and roll inability and Elden Campbell's utter ineptitude when matched up with Malone - Campbell was vastly inferior to Malone to begin with but Malone could make Campbell uncomfortable in ways no other big man in the league could, we were a dead TEAM walking. Then they had the biggest home court advantage in the league at the old Delta Center. It actually FELT the same when the Lakers would play the Jazz back then as the Lakers do against the Nuggets this and last year. That uncomfortable feeling that we are the underdogs and we are going to lose not the we are underdogs but we can pull this out kind of feeling - a feeling we dont get too often.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

The problem with a counter is the Nuggets coaching staff is good enough they will have a counter to that. But Lakers can't do what has been done the last eight games though and let Jokic and Murray operate. Perhaps focus on taking Murray's ability to score away because he's not as good of a passer as Jokic. Also methodically and relentlessly pick on Murray every trip down the floor to make him try to defend someone that he has no chance to defend. They did that some in the past games but seems like they could have done that a lot more.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

If Gabe is back, he can help
I Bleed P&G
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Team has spoken !!! 🔒 this BS up!!!
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:19 pm    Post subject:

There goes our last championship chance for a looong time. Lebron might just retire if we got swept by Denver again.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:47 pm    Post subject:

I Bleed P&G wrote:
Team has spoken !!! 🔒 this BS up!!!

LeBron’s wife is already planning a trip to Italy at the end of April.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Lock this garbage
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:23 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
There goes our last championship chance for a looong time. Lebron might just retire if we got swept by Denver again.

lol always the pessimistic one 🤣🤣🤣
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:42 pm    Post subject:

yeah, the lakers woulda had an easy time with the kings, lol
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:00 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:

Meh, if you think we couldn't beat the Kings once, what makes you think we could beat the Nuggets four times?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:10 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

Meh, if we couldn't beat the Kings once, what makes you think we could beat the Nuggets four times?

We aren’t, the Lakers would need to play at a very high level to have a chance against the Nuggets, I don’t see it, maybe they get 1 game out of the series but that’s it but considering we will waste another season of LeBron playing at a high level it’s nothing to get excited about
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:42 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Win every game and duck nobody if you want to consider yourself a title team. Beat Denver don't duck them, and if you can't, go home and re-tool for next season.

We could win the title without beating Denver. There's always an easy path and a hard path. And no, it's not easy to just "re-tool". It took 26 years from when Shaq signed with us as a FA for Lebron to sign with us. Superstar agents don't just sign with the Lakers every year. Once Lebron is gone, expect more Moz/Deng years all over again.

Never said re-tooling is easy, and I likely remember a lot more re-tools than you do, considering how disappointed I was when we lost Wilt and Jerry, and whether we'd ever win another title.

We have our answer now. The Lakers weren't about to duck Denver, and I am not the slightest bit surprised they are focused on putting their best effort forward. Good for them.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:36 am    Post subject:

Going in as underdogs may actually help the Lakers. And there's no reason why Denver should dominate them. Denver is beatable is the Lakers just play the right way.
HBLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:46 am    Post subject:

Some really weak energy here…. Clippers western conference finals banner energy.

Lakers are champions, trying to just get a little deeper into the playoffs or hoping other teams beat the Nuggets for us is loser talk.

Beating the Nuggets has to happen to become champions, just go do it and stop whining that obstacle is in the first round.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:43 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

Meh, if you think we couldn't beat the Kings once, what makes you think we could beat the Nuggets four times?

We would have easily beaten the Kings from last night…

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:33 am    Post subject:

HBLaker wrote:
Some really weak energy here…. Clippers western conference finals banner energy.

Lakers are champions, trying to just get a little deeper into the playoffs or hoping other teams beat the Nuggets for us is loser talk.

Beating the Nuggets has to happen to become champions, just go do it and stop whining that obstacle is in the first round.

No, it doesn't. Someone else could beat them. Much like we avoided the clippers (to whom we would have got swept) in the bubble
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:30 am    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
HBLaker wrote:

No, it doesn't. Someone else could beat them. Much like we avoided the clippers (to whom we would have got swept) in the bubble

lol at people still being scared of the 2020 Clippers.
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:36 am    Post subject:

Losing in the first round and losing in the third round to Denver makes zero difference to me. Can’t get it done, can’t get it done.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:17 am    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Losing in the first round and losing in the third round to Denver makes zero difference to me. Can’t get it done, can’t get it done.

Except what if the Wolves had beaten Denver in round 2, while we beat OKC and one of Clippers/Mavs?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to: