*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Minnesota Timberwolves (12/30/23) Gm#33 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:40 am    Post subject:

Good Laker effort, tough loss. But on to the next game.

If anything, it should remind them that they need to play focused and with consistent intensity every single game. Squandered opportunities against even worse teams makes losses to the good teams even more significant.

Taking games off physically and mentally comes back to bite them in the butt by seasons end.

Happy New Year!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:51 am    Post subject:

NEXT GAME:
    Los Angeles Lakers @ New Orleans Pelicans
    Smoothie King Center • New Orleans, LA • Sunday, Dec. 31, 2023 • 5:00 pm PT
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:05 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Sojo wrote:
You guys are hilarious, if the call on the floor was a 3, it would've been a three but the unfortunate thing about the human eye is it cannot always make out centimeters of details in tenths of a second. So it is what it is. If what they had was inconclusive then they default to the floor call, simple as that. Even with the three there's no guarantee of a win so that's out the window too. If this team has to worry about a game lost with still 4 or 5 months of games to go, we're in big trouble.

The brain is a computer with playback capabilities. Brothers could have reassessed his comprehension and come up with another conclusion. As I said I don't know how many angels replay centers have. What I saw was enough evidence to make it a 3. Are you a Lakers fan?

The other guy made the call. The two others were the ones who made close calls that went against the Lakers, Brothers always sided with the Lakers.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:23 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
    NEXT GAME:
    Los Angeles Lakers @ New Orleans Pelicans
    Smoothie King Center • New Orleans, LA • Sunday, Dec. 31, 2023 • 5:00 pm PT

It's actually at 4pm Pacific, no?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
They shot 15/50 outside Bron and AD.

Rui didn’t show up, and DLO was bricking it until the tailbone contusion ended his night, these guys need to bring more consistent effort

AR didn’t show up, Rui lost his minutes to Cam apparently….

Rui and Cam don’t play the same position

Rui started in place of cam this year already so what you said doesn’t make sense. He’s playing 3 small forwards next to Bron and AD. Rui is a 3 too and was even in Washington when he and Kuzma were together

It’s not the small forwards, it’s vando and cam can’t shoot, this reminds of me of the 3-4 guard lineups he used to play, it’s one thing to go small, it is another that the smalls can’t shoot. I guarantee you GS can make a lebron at the 5 lineup work.

I know that. VLF said Rui doesn’t play Cams position and I called bs on it. Rui just started in that spot and got his minutes cut for him. He needed to close that game when Cam was bad, when Prince shot bad, and when Vando was blooper to close the game. Rui has out produced AR and Dlo, anyone on the team not named Bron or AD minute for minute basically all year. He’s also not had any chance to start besides Bron and Cam missing and he’s excelled in them, but he gets no chance to close when no one can score on the team. AR was 2/11 and they had no offense with Vando missing layups because he was scared to finish. Rui can shoot and score. He shot 2/8 but his last 3 misses were all one sequence of attempted put backs. And even then he’s shown he can defend Towns. And I got news for everyone Bron would sooner get a stop on Edwards than Vando or Cam, since Vando lost him multiple times.

Rui also would have been an option to get you a 2 late in the mid range area. My point is Cam are his minutes and he’s playing all forwards as starters. If he’s going to do that, just start some offense and some post defense with Rui. Right now Vando and Cam are making them start each half 3 on 5

Cam has been playing the 2 spot with Prince at the 3. Ideally Cam would guard the 3 and Prince the 4 but with old Lebron the 4 is where they have to put him defensively. Rui guards the 4 as well, he was on Towns last night. He is too slow to guard quick 3’s like Edwards.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:55 am    Post subject:

Sojo wrote:
You guys are hilarious, if the call on the floor was a 3, it would've been a three but the unfortunate thing about the human eye is it cannot always make out centimeters of details in tenths of a second. So it is what it is. If what they had was inconclusive then they default to the floor call, simple as that. Even with the three there's no guarantee of a win so that's out the window too. If this team has to worry about a game lost with still 4 or 5 months of games to go, we're in big trouble.

That’s the salient point, there had to be overwhelming evidence that it was a 3 to reverse the original call that it was a 2. One angle I saw looked like a 3 but another looked like a 2. There was no obvious angle either way. If the original call had been that it was a 3, that wouldn’t have been reversed.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Tau's thrown 2 ints. He's taking himself out of the MVP race.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Sojo wrote:

The brain is a computer with playback capabilities. Brothers could have reassessed his comprehension and come up with another conclusion. As I said I don't know how many angels replay centers have. What I saw was enough evidence to make it a 3. Are you a Lakers fan?

The other guy made the call. The two others were the ones who made close calls that went against the Lakers, Brothers always sided with the Lakers.

Whoever made the call brain has the same computer capabilities. I think the final decision was made by the replay center. I think they have more views than are shown.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Tau is injured. I think it's his left arm. The Ravens are spanking the Dolphins 49 - 19.

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:43 pm    Post subject:

i'm sure you're shocked to learn that the last two minute report supports the ruling on the floor against LeBron's shot being a three point shot

The NBA’s Last Two Minute Report backs up last night’s determination that LeBron James’ suit with 2.3 seconds left was a 2 and not a 3

https://x.com/mcten/status/1741590346956493101?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg
(report at link)

They admitted to the two other glaring mistakes tho #thanksalot

https://x.com/mcten/status/1741591053545677179?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg (report at link)
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Lakers Timberwolves nba 2 minute report dec 31

Lakers(106) @ Timberwolves(108)
December 30, 2023

LINK

Quote:
Comment: James' (LAL) successful shot attempt was initially ruled a two-point shot by on-court referees. Upon review by the NBA Replay Center Official, there was not clear and conclusive visual evidence that the on-court ruling was incorrect, and therefore no basis to overturn that ruling. When James raises his heels to jump for his shot, the replay shows his right foot rolling forward so that the toe of his shoe contacts the three-point line. For a player's shot to be scored a three-point field goal, the player may not touch the three-point line until after his shot is released.
I'd like to see a photo of his toe and shot release in the same frame.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
Page 28 of 28
Jump to: