*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Golden State Warriors (05/06/23 @ 5:30 PM PT) Western Conference Semi-Finals - (Game #3) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 9:18 pm    Post subject:

NEXT GAME: Western Conference Semi-Final Game #4
    Los Angeles Lakers vs Golden State Warriors
    Crypto Arena, Los Angeles, CA | Monday, May 8, 2023 / 7:00 PM PT
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Warriors RECAP:

Warriors self-destruct, get blown out in Game 3

https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2023/5/6/23714062/warriors-lakers-game-3-anthony-davis-steph-curry-draymond-green
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 9:28 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
Paging Ocho. We need the quotes from the Warriors fans.

here's a taste, lol

Quote:
Some of those turnovers were just ref bs to help the lakers.

And the flagrant on moody to AD was 100% ref driven. That was not a flagrant. AD just flopped over moody.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 9:50 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Warriors RECAP:

https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2023/5/6/23714062/warriors-lakers-game-3-anthony-davis-steph-curry-draymond-green

Dude writes:

Quote:
A rather specious call in which Moses Moody was called for both a flagrant foul and a take foul on the same play seemed to flip the switch, as theLakers rattled off a 13-0 run to erase the Warriors double-digit lead.

Homer glasses. That was a dirty play, it's the kind of crap that causes injuries. It's the same exact thing Sabonis did to Draymond and Sabonis was given a tech for that as well - the difference is AD did not decide to use the player grabbing his leg as a trampoline.

I mean for pete's sake, just a clownish remark.

About the only thing I agree with is this...while I do think Lakers earned all those FT's my guess is ref crew will try to make the FT's closer. Just a hunch.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 9:52 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
Paging Ocho. We need the quotes from the Warriors fans.

here's a taste, lol

Quote:
Some of those turnovers were just ref bs to help the lakers.

And the flagrant on moody to AD was 100% ref driven. That was not a flagrant. AD just flopped over moody.

These dub fans are clowns. JVG and Jackson called it dirty as well. Grabbing a dude's leg like that can lead to serious injuries when they are trying to run. And yes, that was intentional, if you're on the floor your instinct is to press down with hands to get up - him grabbing AD was intentional as you get
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 9:56 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Warriors RECAP:

Dude writes:

Quote:
A rather specious call in which Moses Moody was called for both a flagrant foul and a take foul on the same play seemed to flip the switch, as theLakers rattled off a 13-0 run to erase the Warriors double-digit lead.

Homer glasses. That was a dirty play, it's the kind of crap that causes injuries. It's the same exact thing Sabonis did to Draymond and Sabonis was given a tech for that as well - the difference is AD did not decide to use the player grabbing his leg as a trampoline.

About the only thing I agree with is this...while I do think Lakers earned all those FT's my guess is ref crew will try to make the FT's closer. Just a hunch.

What I got out of that is a Bay Area geek using "specious" in an article about a basketball game. They try too hard.
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Our second blowout of the playoffs… nice! Game 4 is everything now.
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 10:11 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Roger O. Thornhill wrote:
Kerr vs Ham not fair, not close, gg

🤓

At that point it was totally the truth!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Lakers shot well last night!

STATS:

FG: 42- 80 (52.5%)

3PFG: 15-31 (48.4)

FT: 28-37 (75.7)
bryants2hot2handle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

People left the arena in droves way before the 4Q was over even though the home team is winning. There's no point sticking around when the reffing kills momentum.

Hope Silver loves watching the crowd leave on an ongoing game on live TV. This is the product he created.

Quote:

Playing the Kings was a treat. Laker's product is absolute trash to watch.

What ever happened to "playoff basketball"... let em play holy (bleep)

Quote:

Refs sticking to the script:

⁠Rig ref calls for the Lakers to get momentum

⁠warrios lose focus

⁠lakers for the "blowout" win for the press and narrative

LA also needs to have a blow out win, of course NBA execs and refs need to give them on

Quote:

L for the entire NBA boring product

Quote:

Lakers need free throws to win, that’s the only strategy they have. And it’s frustrating that we are losing to these grifters like that.

Quote:

first 17:28 of the game:

Warriors 5 Ft's

Lakers 6 FT's

Next 21:21 of the game:

Warriors 6 FT's

Lakers 31 FT's

Final 9:11 aka garbage time

Warriors: 6

Lakers: 0

Story of the game right there, cant beat that level of favoritism unless youre bombing it from 3

Quote:

what a terrible product. that game wasn’t even watchable. nba should be ashamed.

yeah. turnovers. but 2nd quarter flip was 11 plus points off (bleep) calls, take fouls, etc. game as lost then.

Quote:

37 to 8 FT disparity at the beginning of the 4th was one of the worst things I’ve ever seen. People are gonna pretend it didn’t matter because we played badly, but those constant momentum swings from the refs killed us and gave LA a huge boost in the first half (and the rest of the game). Changed everything.

Quote:

I’m not. Silver didn’t want another blowout, but when our turnovers and refs quelled momentum, we unraveled and unraveled badly. Steph and Klay looked mad on the bench, Lakers are home up 2-1, they needed around 40fts to score points and I think we got our worst game out the way in this series.

Quote:

They can’t win without a +20 FT differential. They just can’t. Without the refs dictating this series, we are up 3-0 and looking to sweep.

Quote:

Only a 30 FT difference going into the 4th.

Quote:

That was one of the worst officiated sporting events I’ve ever seen.

“Touch someone’s leg while they step over your face? That’s a foul on you”.

And I hate to say it, but with the flow of the game, it seemed legitimately rigged.

Ref ball started as soon as the warriors had the lead, kept going until they were down for the count, and then flipped over in the last few minutes in what would appear to be an attempt to cover up the rig in the postgame score.

It wouldn’t be unprecedented in pro sports. It’s happened before, and when it happens, that’s what it looks like.

Quote:

I understand we played like (bleep) on that momentum shift. We did.

But the Lakers shooting 17 free throws in the last 6 minutes of the 1H is a joke

A (bleep) joke

Quote:

In the games the Lakers won, they received a 23 and 20 (really 26 because it was 37-11 when the starters were pulled) FTA disparity. In the game the Warriors won by 27, the Lakers attempted one more FTA than the Warriors. Lol we didn’t even get more FTAs yet we won by 27.

When the Warriors are allowed to play (ie they’re not called for every touch foul and are prevented from finding any kind of rhythm), it’s crystal clear that this series would be a sweep or gentlemen’s sweep, at worst. The Lakers are world class grifters, there’s absolutely no denying that, hats off to ‘em (/s), but the Warriors are an infinitely better basketball team and it’s not even remotely close.

Quote:

I turned off after the third quarter to watch professional wrestling instead. Equally legitimate sporting contest, but more interesting than this (bleep).

Quote:

Hard to win 5v8 ah well expected ref job.. we played like turds but ref still had to stamp their presence… its boring at this point with all the nba rigging yawn

Quote:

Does anybody ACTUALLY enjoy watching the Lakers's brand of basketball? Just a bunch of acting, crying, and foul shots. Flagrant on Jamychal because his arms were up as AD was stepping over him, yet Schroeder grabs Draw's leg and it's common? Lebron yells and flails his arms around after every play crying for a foul, yet he only gets a technical once every blue moon. So many phantom fouls called because of the Lakers's acting. This style is such a disgrace to the sport, and almost on par with Harder's Rockets
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Every Warrior fan I've ever met has been an entitled, whiney (bleep)
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Just got to continue to grind it out
We won’t win the way that the Warriors do their three-point shooting is insane. Can’t get sucked into that.

We grind
Play defense
Don’t turn the ball over
Communicat
Keep playing through contact even though we don’t get the whistles because you can bet at the Warriors are going to be in the refs ear about foul calls and we’re not going to see them
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Remember when Bogut had that interview last year saying he got away with so many illegal screens when playing for the Warriors he wouldn't have gotten away with on any other team? Let's be 100% honest, the minute the refs start calling Warriors games honestly is the minute their dynasty is over.

Their fanbase has this idea that they can play illegally and get away with it because they offer a good product. Their entire, entitled fanbase can go to hell
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Where's a guy able to find a replay? asking for a friend lol
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 12:39 am    Post subject:

Solid win. I was nervous as hell when they fell back as quickly as they did. But the boys kept on trucking. They've got to take game 4 as well. Don't want to be put in the situation to be forced to win one more in SF.

Go Lakers!
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 1:30 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Warriors RECAP:Warriors self-destruct, get blown out in Game 3https://www.goldenstateofmind.com/2023/5/6/23714062/warriors-lakers-game-3-anthony-davis-steph-curry-draymond-green
Dude writes:
Quote:

Dude (also) wrote:
Quote:
They were getting everything they wanted against the Lakers defense. They were making Anthony Davis look tired after all the minutes he played in the first two games. They completely shut down LeBron James. They built up a 40-29 lead that prompted me to tweet stupid things about how the momentum of the series had fully shifted.
As Steven A (and others shared), LBJ didn't take a shot in the first quarter. However, with DLo and AD going off offensively - it was the right play to let them keep on "Eating" and to get it going when he was needed.

It has been written in the media, the following:
"Lakers had a 37-17 free-throw advantage, but it once again came from the team being aggressive and physical in the paint. Anthony Davis got 12, Austin Reaves was able to supplement his scoring by drawing seven freebies, and LeBron James had eight. No other Laker had more than four, and the Warriors didn’t help their case by taking 44 threes to the Lakers’ 31. And when Davis is defending the rim like he was from the second quarter on tonight, it’s not going to be easy to draw fouls when you’re more likely to just get your shot swatted.

But as for the rest of the role players, D’Angelo Russell came up biggest, scoring 21 points and hitting five threes, most of which came in the first half when he was the only Laker to have anything going, beginning the game on a 9-2 run vs. the Warriors by himself. As we said here after Game 6 vs. the Grizzlies, when DLo is binging on buckets, the Lakers are nearly impossible to stop.

Reaves had another bad shooting night (2-8) but augmented it with the aforementioned free throws and some gutty defense on Stephen Curry despite his seemingly tired legs, finishing a team-high +31 in plus-minus despite looking like his lower body is cooked for much of the first half. He was also one of several Lakers to try and exhaust Curry by making him work on defense, targeting him in the second half.

Dennis Schröder had 12 points off the bench — hitting three triples himself — and the Lakers as a whole went 15-31 (48.4%) from deep to the Warriors’ own 13-44 (29.5%). Few things are guaranteed in life, but I’m willing to bet that the Lakers will win every game in this series where they make more threes than the Warriors.

BONUS TAKEAWAY 1.5 — LONNIE WALKER!!!
Lonnie Walker hadn’t played any significant playoff minutes in his career before coming to the Lakers, and that looked unlikely to change during this run barring any unforeseen circumstances. Walker had played just 15 minutes of garbage time total for the Lakers so far during the postseason, but Darvin Ham dusted him off to see if he could give the team a boost on Saturday, and he nearly equaled that previous total with 12 minutes of meaningful burn tonight.

Walker equaled Schröder with 12 points off the pine, and chipped in two 3-pointers of his own. He still leaves something to be desired as a defender and the Warriors will surely be more ready to hunt him in Game 4, but he answered the call on Saturday and was clearly grateful for the opportunity:

Ham deserves a ton of credit for not only getting this team to respond to adversity nearly every time it hits them, and a reminder that even if one doesn’t agree with or understand his every decision, he has forgotten more about basketball than all of us will ever know.

(Ham's) plan was for Jarred Vanderbilt to guard Draymond Green, not because Green is some dynamic offensive threat — he finished with more fouls (5) than points (2) in Game 3 — but because it completely neutralized Green’s screen game with Curry. No point in seeking a switch when it will result in a just-as-good-or-better defender coming Curry’s way.

Anthony Davis is the best player in the world every other game
The above probably sounds like an insult, but it’s intended (mostly) as a compliment. Obviously it would be nice for the Lakers to get the version of AD that puts up 25 points, 13 rebounds, 3 steals and 4 blocks every night, but given how much the team is asking of him defensively, that may just not be realistic. Or at the very least, it’s not what’s happened so far this postseason.

Davis’ game logs can look like a statistical yo-yo, on the nights he’s on, he’s ON, as he showed in Los Angeles in another pivotal Game 3 for these playoffs. Davis was everywhere defensively from the second quarter on, when being asked to get up higher in pick-and-roll coverage engaged his motor."
https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2023/5/6/23714156/lakers-vs-warriors-final-score-dangelo-russell-anthony-davis-darvin-ham-coaching-lonnie-walker

In addition, media reported that
"Most of the first half was a struggle for the Lakers offensively, but the 30-8 run to close out the first half turned the game around. D’Angelo Russell was sensational, giving the Lakers an offensive jump start with a 21-point performance. Anthony Davis responded with a bounce-back game after his disappointing play in Game 2. He ended the night with 25 points, 13 rebounds, and 4 blocks.

From the jump, Russell was the best version of himself. He went 5-7 from the field and had three 3-pointers in the opening quarter alone. After a beautiful spin move on Klay Thompson, D-Lo gave L.A. a five-point advantage early.

LeBron James didn’t take a shot attempt the entire first quarter. That’s never happened in 275 playoff games he’s played in. The trend continued in the second as he didn’t take a shot until the 8:03 mark when he missed a jumper. James did finally make a field goal midway through the quarter and drove to the basket to get to the line ending the half with 10 points. A very perplexing start for the King.

LeBron got going later in the game — and made LeHistory with his sixth rebound putting him in front of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar for fifth place on the NBA’s all-time postseason rebounds list. He continued to pick up his pace and ended the game with a respectable stat line of 21 points, 8 rebounds and 8 assists, despite not appearing to impact the game as much as he normally does.

After being stuck in the mud most of the first half, the Lakers’ offense finally got free and went on a 30-8 run to go from down eleven to up by eleven at halftime. The run was a combination of D-Lo continuing to be the best offensive weapon, Davis being as engaged as he was in Game 1, and mental mistake after mental mistake from Golden State, including multiple technical fouls, take fouls, and a defensive three seconds call.

The start of the second half was a game of runs as each team exchanged five-point bursts, but even with the Lakers up by double-digits, the game still felt like it hung in the balance. LeBron finally had an elite shift with three-plus minutes left, deflecting a pass and running full speed into the stands, making a mesmerizing block on Jordan Poole and finishing at the rim with authority to extend the Lakers’ lead to 18 points all but securing the win.

Key Takeaways
Thanks to D-Lo and AD being sensational all night, the Lakers take a 2-1 advantage. Despite the victory, there are a lot of questions this game revealed. Can the Lakers figure out how to get a good AD and LeBron game at the same time? Is Lonnie Walker IV now in the rotation, and if so, does that take Wenyen Gabriel out?

Playoff basketball is a game of adjustments, and L.A. will have to figure out how to get better while both predicting and reacting to changes the Warriors will make in Game 4 again in Los Angeles.

Every game at this point is huge, but for L.A., going up 3-1 would be enormous, as only 13 teams in NBA history have come back from that deficit (and one of them, famously, had the guy the Warriors will be facing).
https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2023/5/6/23714010/lakers-vs-warriors-final-score-recap-nba-lebron-james-anthony-davis-steph-curry-dangelo-russell

Media reported that
"The biggest change in the Lakers' approach in Game 3 was coach Darvin Ham having Lonnie Walker IV leapfrog over Troy Brown Jr. and Malik Beasley in his rotation. Walker, who had played 27 minutes total in the playoffs coming into Saturday, had 12 points on 4-for-6 shooting in 25 minutes, adding four rebounds and two steals.

The biggest difference in the Lakers' effectiveness was in their perimeter defense. After allowing the Warriors to make 42 3-pointers over the first two games -- a record for the most 3s made over two games to open a series -- Golden State shot 13-for-44 (29.5%) in Game 3.

"We're one of the best defensive teams in the league, if not the best," James said, repeating the same line he said after the Game 2 loss. "And in order for us to reach our potential, we have to defend at a high level. And there's not one team in this league that tests you on that side more than Golden State.""
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37537145/lebron-lakers-prep-next-challenge-winning-game-3

This game highlighted what will happen is this team plays with Effort Energy and URGENCY - starting on the defensive side of the ball. AR, DS and others' first/second/third responsibilities is to be in Curry/Klay's face/airspace and take them away from their "Sweet Spots" where they are usually automatic. Kerr's game plan has highlighted eliminating situations where AR's are getting foul shot with his elite defenders such as Klay. One can see AR to DS to Dlo standing in front of Curry to prevent any straight-line drives to either his outrageous 3point shooting range to driving the paint for a layup resulting in slowing down their pace and capitalizing on their strength on defense - playing in the half-court allowing AD to make him impact.

JVG noted that AD stopped being in drop coverage, hence forcing Curry and Klay away from their respective "sweet spots" and forcing them to go to their counters that they weren't as "comfortable".

Ham's "3 Guards" lineup allowed them to be more active defensively that triggered their offense.

Malik Beasley, the designated 3point specialist/snipper that Reeves replaced in the starting lineup didn't score last night

JVG, and Mark Jackson agreed, that the number of MPGs played is not the greatest concern - it is how "heavy" the minutes that they have to play. With LBJ trusting DLo, DS and Reeves (even with AD, at times) bringing up the ball - his minutes were not "as hard." The consecutive blowouts did allow LBJ/AD, along with Curry/Klay, to get some needed rest that is especially needed by their current ages while reflecting that the great amount of energy expended on the floor. This playoff series between the defending champions with 2-3 HOFers and Lakers with two HOFers (LBJ/AD) has definitly displayed a very high energy level on defense (where only the Heat/Knicks series is matching).

=============

"Make no mistake about it, the deficit, us winning by whatever, 30 doesn't represent who that team really is. Just like losing Game 2 doesn't represent who we are," Ham said. "This is going to be a battle to the end."
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 1:37 am    Post subject:

r0663664 wrote:
Off season is to trade AD and LBJ, we don't need superstar who makes millions and suck during playoff. Get shooters in this team, replace Ham. Ham is out of his depth.

Its post like these in the 1st half that makes you look like an idiot, but no worries, you have lots of company.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 1:39 am    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
Every Warrior fan I've ever met has been an entitled, whiney (bleep)

There is a lot of stupid (bleep) in comments. Yikes.

I get complaining about officiating (every fan base does it), but the lack of basketball knowledge in the comments
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 2:35 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Schroder is supposedly the best free throw shooter on this team and was once 90% but has missed three tonight.

Curry missed 2 out of 3 tonight as well, it happens.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 9:38 am    Post subject:

Did anyone hear the exchange between Mike Breen and the two ex-coaches about whether playing extended minutes negatively affects LeBron and Davis? It's seems like common sense that it would.

The ex-coaches made the argument that it doesn't..huh???
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 9:56 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Did anyone hear the exchange between Mike Breen and the two ex-coaches about whether playing extended minutes negatively affects LeBron and Davis? It's seems like common sense that it would.

On what basis did they conclude that? Yes they are well conditioned athletes but they are still human. Any player is going to be fatigued after extended minutes on an every other day schedule. It also works both ways. Dray, Klay and Steph will feel the effects too.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 11:45 am    Post subject:

bryants2hot2handle wrote:
Quote:

People left the arena in droves way before the 4Q was over even though the home team is winning. There's no point sticking around when the reffing kills momentum.

Hope Silver loves watching the crowd leave on an ongoing game on live TV. This is the product he created.

Quote:

Playing the Kings was a treat. Laker's product is absolute trash to watch.

What ever happened to "playoff basketball"... let em play holy (bleep)

Quote:

Refs sticking to the script:

⁠Rig ref calls for the Lakers to get momentum

⁠warrios lose focus

⁠lakers for the "blowout" win for the press and narrative

LA also needs to have a blow out win, of course NBA execs and refs need to give them on

Quote:

L for the entire NBA boring product

Quote:

Lakers need free throws to win, that’s the only strategy they have. And it’s frustrating that we are losing to these grifters like that.

Quote:

first 17:28 of the game:

Warriors 5 Ft's

Lakers 6 FT's

Next 21:21 of the game:

Warriors 6 FT's

Lakers 31 FT's

Final 9:11 aka garbage time

Warriors: 6

Lakers: 0

Story of the game right there, cant beat that level of favoritism unless youre bombing it from 3

Quote:

what a terrible product. that game wasn’t even watchable. nba should be ashamed.

yeah. turnovers. but 2nd quarter flip was 11 plus points off (bleep) calls, take fouls, etc. game as lost then.

Quote:

37 to 8 FT disparity at the beginning of the 4th was one of the worst things I’ve ever seen. People are gonna pretend it didn’t matter because we played badly, but those constant momentum swings from the refs killed us and gave LA a huge boost in the first half (and the rest of the game). Changed everything.

Quote:

I’m not. Silver didn’t want another blowout, but when our turnovers and refs quelled momentum, we unraveled and unraveled badly. Steph and Klay looked mad on the bench, Lakers are home up 2-1, they needed around 40fts to score points and I think we got our worst game out the way in this series.

Quote:

They can’t win without a +20 FT differential. They just can’t. Without the refs dictating this series, we are up 3-0 and looking to sweep.

Quote:

Only a 30 FT difference going into the 4th.

Quote:

That was one of the worst officiated sporting events I’ve ever seen.

“Touch someone’s leg while they step over your face? That’s a foul on you”.

And I hate to say it, but with the flow of the game, it seemed legitimately rigged.

Ref ball started as soon as the warriors had the lead, kept going until they were down for the count, and then flipped over in the last few minutes in what would appear to be an attempt to cover up the rig in the postgame score.

It wouldn’t be unprecedented in pro sports. It’s happened before, and when it happens, that’s what it looks like.

Quote:

I understand we played like (bleep) on that momentum shift. We did.

But the Lakers shooting 17 free throws in the last 6 minutes of the 1H is a joke

A (bleep) joke

Quote:

In the games the Lakers won, they received a 23 and 20 (really 26 because it was 37-11 when the starters were pulled) FTA disparity. In the game the Warriors won by 27, the Lakers attempted one more FTA than the Warriors. Lol we didn’t even get more FTAs yet we won by 27.

When the Warriors are allowed to play (ie they’re not called for every touch foul and are prevented from finding any kind of rhythm), it’s crystal clear that this series would be a sweep or gentlemen’s sweep, at worst. The Lakers are world class grifters, there’s absolutely no denying that, hats off to ‘em (/s), but the Warriors are an infinitely better basketball team and it’s not even remotely close.

Quote:

I turned off after the third quarter to watch professional wrestling instead. Equally legitimate sporting contest, but more interesting than this (bleep).

Quote:

Hard to win 5v8 ah well expected ref job.. we played like turds but ref still had to stamp their presence… its boring at this point with all the nba rigging yawn

Quote:

Does anybody ACTUALLY enjoy watching the Lakers's brand of basketball? Just a bunch of acting, crying, and foul shots. Flagrant on Jamychal because his arms were up as AD was stepping over him, yet Schroeder grabs Draw's leg and it's common? Lebron yells and flails his arms around after every play crying for a foul, yet he only gets a technical once every blue moon. So many phantom fouls called because of the Lakers's acting. This style is such a disgrace to the sport, and almost on par with Harder's Rockets
More from fans of the Dubs

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/13awrna/the_warriors_sub_is_actually_unhinged_shades_of/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 2:15 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:

More from fans of the Dubs

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/13awrna/the_warriors_sub_is_actually_unhinged_shades_of/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 4:26 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

On what basis did they conclude that? Yes they are well conditioned athletes but they are still human. Any player is going to be fatigued after extended minutes on an every other day schedule. It also works both ways. Dray, Klay and Steph will feel the effects too.

Jeff Van Gundy was relentless in the argument that it didn't matter much. Nobody remotely agreed with him and he was getting pissed so after probably 5 minutes of mostly him rambling and not having a single good point he finally stopped and they moved on.... then 1 minute later JVG brought it back up and once again mostly ranted to himself and I think finally got the clue he was on an island all by himself.

I believe it was also Jeff Van Gundy who was acting completely shocked everyone else thought Moody deserved a flagrant but he thought it was CLEARLY a common foul on AD.

I love how the Warrior fans are saying we rely on having 20+ ft's to win as a mostly paint reliant team that shoots 3's secondary while they only have a chance to beat us if they make a historic level amount of 3's while hoisting up 45-50+ of them.

If you read that to yourself a few times it should be quite obvious who the team that gets more ft's is usually going to be especially when that same team also has the best paint defense by far left in the Playoffs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57
Page 57 of 57
Jump to: