*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Golden State Warriors (05/04/23 @ 6:00PM PT) Western Conference Semi-Finals - (Game #2) ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 7:42 am    Post subject:

NEXT GAME: Game #3 Western Conference Semi-Final
      Los Angeles Lakers vs Golden State Warriors
      Crypto Arena, Los Angeles, CA | Saturday, May 6, 2023 / 5:30 PM PT
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 7:46 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I thought AD was ready to take the baton. Last night's performance changes my mind. He didn't play with any enthusiasm. He wasn't as firey in the huddle as he was in game 1. AD is not consistent. He's still Robin in need of a Batman.

Hes taken it. Its his team for better or worse. We all knew we go as he goes. Hopefully he goes.

The baton is still in Brons hands. AD's too inconsistent.

You're nuts with all due respect. This team with barely any chemistry played great right after trade when bron sat. He may be the patriarch but we go as AD goes. He carries us or we lose.

Bron is a legend, and certainly capable of giving us 40/10 but on most nights he just looks like another guy.

I keep reading/hearing that bron has to less of this, less of that for us to be successful.

Just RB, pick your spots and don't get tired.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 7:47 am    Post subject:

Kaoxt wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

WE DID NOT PLAY BAD!!!

Golden State is 19/36 from 3.
Lakers are down 30.

How is that not playing bad?

go look up the amount of FT's we had last game...then look up the amount of FT'S we had THIS game.
Another way of explaining this simply for you is:
Do you think the refs call every single game, in every single arena the same, every single time, always?
Thats the answer I got for ya.

Kerr probably saw the Warriors fouled too much last game. He told them to stop fouling. And thus they gave up less FTs.

When you get blown out by 30 there’s nothing the refs can do about it

TIM. DONAGHEY.

Warriors simply outplayed the Lakers. Please stop with the conspiracy stuff.

I don't usually butt n on others' discussions but in this case, I'm making an exception. Blaming this loss on officiating is ludicrous. Bottom line, is we straight got our ass kicked.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 7:56 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I thought AD was ready to take the baton. Last night's performance changes my mind. He didn't play with any enthusiasm. He wasn't as firey in the huddle as he was in game 1. AD is not consistent. He's still Robin in need of a Batman.

Hes taken it. Its his team for better or worse. We all knew we go as he goes. Hopefully he goes.

You're nuts with all due respect. This team with barely any chemistry played great right after trade when bron sat. He may be the patriarch but we go as AD goes. He carries us or we lose.

Bron is a legend, and certainly capable of giving us 40/10 but on most nights he just looks like another guy.

I keep reading/hearing that bron has to less of this, less of that for us to be successful.

It is certainly a better look when we saw Bron play off ball. He needs to continue to understand his aging body and defer to AD. Ham needs to make adjustments to have AD be the consistent first option on most possessions. Forget about all these crazy 3-pt shots with 20 seconds left on the shot clock.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 8:29 am    Post subject:

how can a superstar be a no show in 2nd round of playoffs?

its disgusting going from 30/23 to whatever he had yesterday
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 8:37 am    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It is certainly a better look when we saw Bron play off ball. He needs to continue to understand his aging body and defer to AD. Ham needs to make adjustments to have AD be the consistent first option on most possessions. Forget about all these crazy 3-pt shots with 20 seconds left on the shot clock.

Thank you for the respectful "your nuts" Allow me to make my position clear. AD is the future but he hasn't shown he's ready yet. He's too inconsistent and he's still in the leader-learning stage. Watch the time-out huddles. Bron is the one giving instructions, AD is listening. AD's time will come but Bron still has the baton.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 8:59 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Thank you for the respectful "your nuts" Allow me to make my position clear. AD is the future but he hasn't shown he's ready yet. He's too inconsistent and he's still in the leader-learning stage. Watch the time-out huddles. Bron is the one giving instructions, AD is listening. AD's time will come but Bron still has the baton.

I just think we are waiting for a unicorn if this is your perspective. Hes never going to be a prime bron, steph, freak type of baton carrier but that doesn't make this any less his team. He is the unquestioned best player and its not really even close. To be successful everything has to go through him. He has proven with these new pieces that he didn't need bron to win.

I don't think in this case it was ever going to be a passing of the baton, rather our leader aging out.

AD is never going to be IMHO the guy motivating others, sketching up plays etc. Thats what makes the brons of the world different.

The Lakers weren't fishers team but he certainly motivated guys, orchestrated plays etc. NO, I am not saying Fish = Bron ( but 5>4).

This is ADs team.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 9:11 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I just think we are waiting for a unicorn if this is your perspective. Hes never going to be a prime bron, steph, freak type of baton carrier but that doesn't make this any less his team. He is the unquestioned best player and its not really even close. To be successful everything has to go through him. He has proven with these new pieces that he didn't need bron to win.

I don't think in this case it was ever going to be a passing of the baton, rather our leader aging out.

AD is never going to be IMHO the guy motivating others, sketching up plays etc. Thats what makes the brons of the world different.

The Lakers weren't fishers team but he certainly motivated guys, orchestrated plays etc. NO, I am not saying Fish = Bron ( but 5>4).

This is ADs team.

We're in agreement there. However, that's not the question we're debating. The debate is about who has the baton. I say at this time it's LeBron. You say he's passed it and I don't think he has yet. IMO AD is a team leader, LBJ still has the baton evidenced by who leads the time out huddles.

eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 10:34 am    Post subject:

Kaoxt wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

WE DID NOT PLAY BAD!!!

Lakers are down 30.

go look up the amount of FT's we had last game...then look up the amount of FT'S we had THIS game.
Do you think the refs call every single game, in every single arena the same, every single time, always?

Kerr probably saw the Warriors fouled too much last game. He told them to stop fouling. And thus they gave up less FTs.

TIM. DONAGHEY.

I never once said we didn't make mistakes...all teams do.
I also never said the Warriors did not play well.
To simply say the Warriors played better than us, and the Refs totally called this game fair and square is naive so I would ask you to please stop with the cluelessness.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 10:36 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Kaoxt wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

WE DID NOT PLAY BAD!!!

Lakers are down 30.

TIM. DONAGHEY.

I don't usually butt n on others' discussions but in this case, I'm making an exception. Blaming this loss on officiating is ludicrous. Bottom line, is we straight got our ass kicked.

You butt in to every single discussion, its what you do.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 11:03 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Kaoxt wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

WE DID NOT PLAY BAD!!!

Lakers are down 30.

TIM. DONAGHEY.

Really? Keyword usually. Show me where I continuously do/did that.

Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 11:14 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Kaoxt wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

WE DID NOT PLAY BAD!!!

Lakers are down 30.

TIM. DONAGHEY.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that he is baiting you and/or he is a troll
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 11:51 am    Post subject:

27 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Kaoxt wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

WE DID NOT PLAY BAD!!!

Lakers are down 30.

TIM. DONAGHEY.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that he is baiting you and/or he is a troll

Be careful. You may be accused of butting in.

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 12:29 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:

This is ADs team.

We're in agreement there. However, that's not the question we're debating. The debate is about who has the baton. I say at this time it's LeBron. You say he's passed it and I don't think he has yet. IMO AD is a team leader, LBJ still has the baton evidenced by who leads the time out huddles.

I don't think this is a pass-the-baton situation. It is his by way of bron aging out of the role. I get that Bron has way better leadership skills, but basically, bron put the baton in AD's LV bag while he wasn't looking.

IMHO bron doesn't even play like he has the baton. Whether by ability or consciously. And that's the shame with AD. Bron at least embraced the role of "jump on my back and I will carry you." he just can't anymore.

AD doesn't have that. Never will. but this is his franchise.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 1:14 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
27 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Kaoxt wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

WE DID NOT PLAY BAD!!!

Lakers are down 30.

TIM. DONAGHEY.

You two are perfect for each other...Both of you can post goofy things and then compliment the other. It's like watching Laurel and Hardy.
Well done!
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 1:16 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Kaoxt wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

WE DID NOT PLAY BAD!!!

Lakers are down 30.

TIM. DONAGHEY.

I don't think you understand the definition of what a troll is but nice try, champ.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 8:27 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
jodeke wrote:
27 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Kaoxt wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

WE DID NOT PLAY BAD!!!

Lakers are down 30.

TIM. DONAGHEY.

You two are perfect for each other...Both of you can post goofy things and then compliment the other. It's like watching Laurel and Hardy.
Well done!

TOS

Quote:
3. Do Not Antagonize - Show Respect and Be Nice: Do not make condescending, snarky or antagonistic comments. Likewise, two wrongs do not make a right. If you believe someone is being disrespectful or is trying to provoke you, you are not excused from doing the same simply because "they started it." Similarly, respect the fact someone may have a difference of opinion than yours and come from a different background, with the expectation they do the same with you.

eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 9:26 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
jodeke wrote:
27 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Kaoxt wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

WE DID NOT PLAY BAD!!!

Lakers are down 30.

TIM. DONAGHEY.

Well done!

TOS

Quote:
3. Do Not Antagonize - Show Respect and Be Nice: Do not make condescending, snarky or antagonistic comments. Likewise, two wrongs do not make a right. If you believe someone is being disrespectful or is trying to provoke you, you are not excused from doing the same simply because "they started it." Similarly, respect the fact someone may have a difference of opinion than yours and come from a different background, with the expectation they do the same with you.

Is this a contest to you, to try and have the last word?!
My god man, you win...You can give me a petulant, contrarian response and I will not respond back. I'm bored at this point.
You win...you get to have the last word.
Good job.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 10:28 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
jodeke wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
jodeke wrote:
27 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Kaoxt wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

WE DID NOT PLAY BAD!!!

Lakers are down 30.

TIM. DONAGHEY.

Well done!

TOS

Quote:

Is this a contest to you, to try and have the last word?!
My god man, you win...You can give me a petulant, contrarian response and I will not respond back. I'm bored at this point.
You win...you get to have the last word.
Good job.

OK

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61
Page 61 of 61
Jump to: