*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Minnesota Timberwolves (04/11/23 @ 7:00 pm PT) Play-In Tournament Gm#1 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:23 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
strong9 wrote:
Chuck was speaking the truth. The Lakers deserve criticism and criticism only.

The Lakers started off this season two and 10

The Lakers hat, Westbrook killing this team, through most of the season

Despite all that, they put themselves back together again, and have had the best record since the trade deadline of any NBA team

They’re the number one defense of team in the league

If you’re gonna criticize, at least recognize the positive facts

I recognize all that, and yet they still played like !@#$ this game. That is all that matters right now. They better come at it much crisperin the playoffs or they are done.

Actually, no, the game has passed. The only thing that matters is they’re in the actual playoffs and get nearly a weeks worth of rest.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Is Minnesota already eliminated or they get another chance to play the winner of OKC/NO?
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:27 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Yeah Rui wasn’t scared at all.

Not sure why people would think so.

He came ready to play

I said Reaves looked scared.

I simply pointed Rui had a wide open corner three... drove to the left side of the key for a ten footer... and missed.

That's from missing the other threes.

He got in his head.

I'm glad he got the first shot in OT... that will help him for next game.

Rui needs to forget the three take a couple of steps forward and hit that money jumper twoto that he has
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:27 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
Is Minnesota already eliminated or they get another chance to play the winner of OKC/NO?

Another chance
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:20 am    Post subject:

Inside the NBA

Spectrum Sportsnet

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:08 am    Post subject:

This is the first time I thought the pressure got to AR. He passed the ball to LeBron whereas in past games he'd rush the rim and get fouls. He seemed tentative. He has to be HBK in Memphis.

Ja is gonna rush the rim constantly. DS will play him tough but will only slow him down. AD will be in foul trouble if he doesn't get some help. Mo gotta get some burn.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:26 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Ja is gonna rush the rim constantly. DS will play him tough but will only slow him down. AD will be in foul trouble if he doesn't get some help. Mo gotta get some burn.

One critique I did have of yesterday’s game. Bamba got no minutes.

Was Darvin ham‘s plan to not play him even if Jokic would’ve played?

I hope not
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:36 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
This is the first time I thought the pressure got to AR. He passed the ball to LeBron whereas in past games he'd rush the rim and get fouls. He seemed tentative. He has to be HBK in Memphis.

AD blunder will get all the blame but Lakers were flat yesterday. Reaves is a quick learner and I think he'll adjust to playoff pressure quickly.

LeBron let Prince get open way too much and maybe he was saving energy but when Prince was hot, you gotta give more effort instead of allowing him to get rolling like that.

Davis had a strong game but he's gotta do more offensively -- he needs to be a 30pt player moving forward.

And Dennis -- I dunno what to say or how we can keep this guy. He is so tough and didn't let the pressure get to him like it did DLo. He's an asset to any team in the league

Still upset about how we nearly fumbled another winnable game but i'll just look forward to Sunday.

Also, Ham needs to be better. Play Bamba please. And i never want to see AD in the game when we are up 3 with under 10 seconds to go. he doesn't know how to guard the 3 or to run past a player. My GOD
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:17 am    Post subject:

FYI:
Tristan Thompson and Shaq Harrison were in uniform for the first time since signing w/ the Lakers. Neither played last night.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:18 am    Post subject:

27 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

AD blunder will get all the blame but Lakers were flat yesterday. Reaves is a quick learner and I think he'll adjust to playoff pressure quickly.

LeBron let Prince get open way too much and maybe he was saving energy but when Prince was hot, you gotta give more effort instead of allowing him to get rolling like that.

Davis had a strong game but he's gotta do more offensively -- he needs to be a 30pt player moving forward.

And Dennis -- I dunno what to say or how we can keep this guy. He is so tough and didn't let the pressure get to him like it did DLo. He's an asset to any team in the league

Still upset about how we nearly fumbled another winnable game but i'll just look forward to Sunday.

Also, Ham needs to be better. Play Bamba please. And i never want to see AD in the game when we are up 3 with under 10 seconds to go. he doesn't know how to guard the 3 or to run past a player. My GOD

I don't know the true circumstances surrounding not resigning DS. He allegedly turned down an $80 million contract. Dennis said there was no contract. Regardless of if Dennis turned down a contract or if the Lakers really did offer one I think the Lakers have to offer him a contract that his play affoards. Teams are going to be coming after Dennis Schroder in the off-season.

AD's brain fart almost cost the game. LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:09 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
27 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I don't know the true circumstances surrounding not resigning DS. He allegedly turned down an $80 million contract. Dennis said there was no contract. Regardless of if Dennis turned down a contract or if the Lakers really did offer one I think the Lakers have to offer him a contract that his play affoards. Teams are going to be coming after Dennis Schroder in the off-season.

Couldnt agree more. I hope Lakers can find a way. He certainly seems happy here *shrug*
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Most dumb comment Chuck made is that this isn't the bubble. Well duh. LeBron three years older and most of the roster turned over. The implication that the Lakers won because of the bubble and not the players they had is just ignorant.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95
Page 95 of 95
Jump to: