*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Minnesota Timberwolves (03/31/23 @ 5:00 pm PT) Gm#77 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:01 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
I Bleed P&G wrote:
Clippers lost leaving little hope for grabbing that 6th seed.

I don't think the Clippers really want the 5th seed, I bet they want to duck PHX in the first round and would prefer to fall to 6. It's dicey because GS is super close to them and we are right behind, so they can't really pure tank but they can be strategic about resting Kawhi.

Who wouldn't want to duck the Suns. KD's back and he hasn't missed a beat

I think the best time to play the Suns would be first round. If we knock them out, I think that will give us a tremendous confidence boost for the rest of the playoffs and springboard us to the finals. Immediate thought that came to mind (different sport I know) was 2019 Nationals vs Dodgers. Once the Nats took down LA, they looked like the could not be stopped, destroying St. Louis and beating down the best team in baseball that year: Astros.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:18 pm    Post subject:

What a (bleep) win .. I'm lit
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Impressive win!

Can’t say I liked the first half much but that second half was a team I can get excited about. They overcame the lethargy and came out ready to dig deep on defense after halftime.

Not a pretty game at all but they were able to grind out a much needed win. Respect to Davis playing through that sprained ankle. Going to be interesting to see how much it restricts him over the next week.

On to Houston.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:07 pm    Post subject:

dfchang813 wrote:
Thing is with Lebron and DLo back do we need him? We are a lot stronger team now. Maybe just keep him out? Shouldn’t we be able to beat the Rockets without him?

Unless Bamba is playing, we need him; yes. Did you see the lay-up line they had at the rim last time we played with without a center? we'll get cooked.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:14 pm    Post subject:

27 wrote:
dfchang813 wrote:
Thing is with Lebron and DLo back do we need him? We are a lot stronger team now. Maybe just keep him out? Shouldn’t we be able to beat the Rockets without him?

Unless Bamba is playing, we need him; yes. Did you see the lay-up line they had at the rim last time we played with without a center? we'll get cooked.

Certainly wouldn’t want him to play with a bum ankle. If his ankle is still swelling, I think we have to sit him, but I hope he plays. It would be somewhat better because Lebron will be playing.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:49 pm    Post subject:

We need the six seed. The week off will do wonders for us.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:06 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Quote:
Ham's got me scratching my head. He's like a box of chocolate, you never know what you're gonna get. Tonight he was Popovich.

Jodeke - I'm seriously considering replacing Killerz's quote in my sig with this one...brilliant
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:42 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:

This should be the goal, solidify the rotation and scare the whole league
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:32 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:

Feeling the 6th is too far out of reach after the hole they buried themselves in.

Even if Lakers win out, clips and suns both hold the tiebreaker over the Lakers. Would love to see them get the 5 wins and rest but not expecting it.

A this point I would be thrilled with the 7th / 8th game a win. A couple days rest before a Memphis series is what I’m thinking as of today.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:48 am    Post subject:

I'll admit to being guilty of not following my own advice

OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH!! -- KEEP THE FAITH!! -- NEVER GIVE UP NEVER SURRENDER!!

I lost faith, gave up, and waved the white flag. This team is playing like they want it! They don't give up, they scrap whistle to whistle. I'm wavering but have gotten on the MAYBE BUSS PUN INTENDED

GO LAKERS !!!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45
Page 45 of 45
Jump to: