Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers Daily -at- LakersDailyCom

Lakers just became the first team in NBA history to win a game despite making 6 or fewer 3-pointers and their opponent hitting 20 or more
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:56 pm    Post subject:

We finally have players we can build on. The team is developing an identity and getting chemistry. The team has gone from has been to uh oh! I've said it before and I'll say it again. I wouldn't want to be the team that has to face these guys in the opening round.

With the salary cap projected to be approximately $134 million for the summer of 2023, per the cap tracking website Spotrac, the Lakers are currently projected to have approximately $31-32 million in cap space at most during this offseason's free agency period.Feb 13, 2023

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Just got a chance to check in and the game is already over - it's a win though so I don't care! Good on these Lakers!!!

37 minutes for Bron - not so good, 26 points though
Looks like Vandalorian and Brow came up big, Schroeder too
Beasley on the miss part of hit-and-miss today

Most important of all - getting closer to that .500 mark and knocking on the door to the playoffs.
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Rewatching it the game and the Reaves/Green altercation. Green did not want any part of Reaves lol
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:46 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Keep this team together this off season, dammit!!!
It’s time to finally keep guys here.
All of them.
I don’t care how much tax they pay.
Do it!!!!!!!!

This. Even if Jeanie Buss has to take out a mortgage on her mansion or sell her luxury car, she needs to pay as much lux tax as needed to keep this team together.

I've said this before on this board and I'll say it again: This team can be a legit championship contender next season if healthy and kept together.

Wow! I'm gonna assume you are being hyperbolic. If they offered you a small stake in the team if you would mortgage your house to help with the luxury tax, would you?
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:55 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
20 points is not a safe lead in the NBA!

Called it.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Missed the game was out with the family. Looking forward to watching the replay tonight.

Great come back win from what I’ve read.

How bad is Bron’s injury. Looked like he still finished the game and played 37mins.
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:40 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Ham's not shooting the ball. We'll heat up KEEP THE FAITH!

Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Hamm was solid.

I (bleep) on him first half but he did well, rookie coach growing pains but I think he's getting better

Vanderbilt bailed him out tonight
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Great One wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Hamm was solid.

I (bleep) on him first half but he did well, rookie coach growing pains but I think he's getting better

The team bailed him out. Vanderbiltough was a large reason for the comeback. Maybe it's time to raise up offen Darvin.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:38 pm    Post subject:

cirehawk wrote:
slavavov wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Keep this team together this off season, dammit!!!
It’s time to finally keep guys here.
All of them.
I don’t care how much tax they pay.
Do it!!!!!!!!

This. Even if Jeanie Buss has to take out a mortgage on her mansion or sell her luxury car, she needs to pay as much lux tax as needed to keep this team together.

I've said this before on this board and I'll say it again: This team can be a legit championship contender next season if healthy and kept together.

Wow! I'm gonna assume you are being hyperbolic. If they offered you a small stake in the team if you would mortgage your house to help with the luxury tax, would you?

I'm not exactly rich and I don't own any real estate, so I wouldn't do it. But an entrepreneur like Jeanie (if you consider her that) needs to make some financial sacrifices if needed in order to invest and infuse capital into her business.

Paying the lux tax on this kind of a team is an investment. The ROI is maybe a world championship, which means a lot more revenue from championship merch and more home games through the NBA Finals.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:06 pm    Post subject:

https://nbareplay.net/los-angeles-lakers-vs-dallas-mavericks-26-feb-2023-replays-full-game/
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:01 pm    Post subject:

What an amazing and unexpected win!

Knew the result but still had to watch the recording after I got home. Well worth watching that comeback.

If they could only play with that level of intensity every quarter. Going to be a stressful 20 games if they continue playing this way.

A win is a win, keep them coming.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:20 am    Post subject:

Great One wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Hamm was solid.

Posters like you are the problem can never give credit where it’s due
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:59 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Great One wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Hamm was solid.

Ill come corrected if he makes the playoffs. till then im gonna criticized him for what he is, an 11th seed coach. some of you all need to get your panties in a bunch
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:50 am    Post subject:

Great One wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Great One wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Hamm was solid.

Ill come corrected if he makes the playoffs. till then im gonna criticized him for what he is, an 11th seed coach. some of you all need to get your panties in a bunch

I'm watching Darvin also. I was critical of his rotations. He has a different roster now. As a poster said, he now has the ingredients to cook a good meal or something like that. His coaching acumen is on display. I'm pulling for him.

However, you have to give credit where credit is due. The halftime adjustments he made were epic. Picking up the defense in the backcourt and such. He's still learning but he's a fast learner. Also give Darvin credit for keeping the team motivated LINK LINK

Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:57 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Great One wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Great One wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Hamm was solid.

I'm watching Darvin also. I was critical of his rotations. He has a different roster now. As a poster said, he now has the ingredients to cook a good meal or something like that. His coaching acumen is on display. I'm pulling for him.

However, you have to give credit where credit is due. The halftime adjustments he made were epic. Picking up the defense in the backcourt and such. He's still learning but he's a fast learner. Also give Darvin credit for keeping the team motivated LINK LINK

I want him to succeed, however its hard to overlook past criticism's now that obvious glaring weaknesses haven't really been addressed since the opening tip. The problem is everything is magnified because of the position the team is right now. However, like i said i do want him and the team to succeed.....
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Great One wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Great One wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Great One wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Hamm was solid.

I want him to succeed, however its hard to overlook past criticism's now that obvious glaring weaknesses haven't really been addressed since the opening tip. The problem is everything is magnified because of the position the team is right now. However, like i said i do want him and the team to succeed.....

Show me a coach that doesn't have weaknesses. Last season fans were calling for Mike Budenholzer's head right after the Bucks won the ship. Few coaches are untouchable. Darvin is working with a new untested crew. Bron and AD are the staples. He's doing a good job right now. I'm gonna wait and see.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47
Page 47 of 47
Jump to: