NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 709, 710, 711 ... 2568, 2569, 2570  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:51 am    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
logical24 wrote:
So i think its safe to say after last nights win and Dennis rising Nunn/Pat might be on their way out.

I seriously doubt that a win against the Senior Division of the Austin Spurs in November makes it safe to say anything. Anyway, I doubt that Beverley and Nunn have any substantial trade value beyond expiring contract value. If we're trading them, either we're getting garbage back or we're attaching draft capital.

I don't think most would suggest they have any significant trade value. Their value mainly to us is that they aren't huge negatives attached to an albatross-like $47 million contract like Russ. With Russ it always felt like we need to include both FRPs to get value whereas attaching just one with Bev/Nunn is more likely to get us value than when attaching it with Russ.

If they decide to go this route I wonder if they'd prioritize a center or wing as it seems less likely they'd get both with our assets.

Sure. We wouldn't need to include an extra FRP just to induce another team to eat the Beverley and Nunn contracts. On the other hand, the Westbrook contract has a declining balance due as he gets paychecks during the season. Around the time of the trade deadline, the balance due should be somewhere in the $20M-ish range. We'd still need to get matching contracts based on $47M, but the idea of eating the contract may become more palatable for other teams. This is especially true because Westbrook has enhanced his value as a player. He has the potential to be a floor raiser, so I doubt that the tanking teams would want him. But you never know.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:59 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
daytripper wrote:
Olynyk, Vanderbilt, Beasley..

The Jazz are a team I will be rooting to fall on their face in the next few weeks.

If LBJ/AD are going to start playing like superstars again it's very obvious this team will basically need 3 rock solid roleplayers. I keep pointing to the bubble championship team with KCP, Kuz, etc.

The winning template has already been established. Let's get back to it.

It's not likely that we'd be able to get Vanderbilt, Beasley, and Olynyk for the assets we can offer. The Jazz aren't going to have a fire sale where we are the only buyer.

I doubt that they would trade Vanderbilt and Beasley even if they were tanking. Olynyk maybe. Tanking teams typically trade their vets, not their young players.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:09 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Considering your failure at grasping object permanence, or reading any of my posts, maybe next time pick a better fight next time little boy.

Little boy

Got ur feelings hurt?

Reading is easy 😂

So is grammar and spelling. Enjoy your snack time kid. Later.

Ok internet tough guy.

Reading is easy

Why so defensive boy? Don’t you have a football game to watch? Reading is easy,
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:10 am    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
I'm still not a fan of trading with the Jazz. If the team starts to fall to earth you figure some of the shooting percentages and overall play will regress to the mean as well. I think Olynyk is fools' gold when you consider his overall career trajectory and Beasley is more of what we don't need (one-way undersized guard). I'm also a bit leery of Vanderbilt and his career 24% shooting from 3. I wouldn't give up FRPs for any single one of these guys at this point.

Jazz are finally crashing down. Their role players were playing absolutely out of their minds to start the season.

And knowing Ainge, he will ask an arm and a leg for Jordan Clarkson or something.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:11 am    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
joeblow wrote:
levon wrote:
Here's a realistic list of SF-PF players >6'6" that offer some semblance of shooting and/or defense, and that are in our salary filler range using Beverley and optionally Nunn. Note I'm not saying any of these players will be or are necessarily available, just that they work in the trade machine. I've also excluded guys like OG Anunoby, Mikal Bridges, anyone on the Clippers, etc.

Harrison Barnes
Bojan (ew)
McDermott (ew)
Kyle Kuzma
Kelly Oubre
Olynyk
Dorian Finney-Smith
Joe Harris (ew)
Chris Boucher
Will Barton
L. Dort
Marvin Bagley
Markannen

Am I missing anyone?

Jarred Vanderbilt
- Especially if the Jazz come back down to earth

Cam Reddish
- Grimes is back and was ahead if Cam in Thibs rotation

I have this feeling that both of their 3P% will regress to their mean and we'll wonder why we didn't just sign Harkless in the first place to replicate their contributions.

That usually happens to most players that put on a Laker uniform honestly.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:40 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
joeblow wrote:
levon wrote:
Here's a realistic list of SF-PF players >6'6" that offer some semblance of shooting and/or defense, and that are in our salary filler range using Beverley and optionally Nunn. Note I'm not saying any of these players will be or are necessarily available, just that they work in the trade machine. I've also excluded guys like OG Anunoby, Mikal Bridges, anyone on the Clippers, etc.

Harrison Barnes
Bojan (ew)
McDermott (ew)
Kyle Kuzma
Kelly Oubre
Olynyk
Dorian Finney-Smith
Joe Harris (ew)
Chris Boucher
Will Barton
L. Dort
Marvin Bagley
Markannen

Am I missing anyone?

Jarred Vanderbilt
- Especially if the Jazz come back down to earth

Cam Reddish
- Grimes is back and was ahead if Cam in Thibs rotation

I have this feeling that both of their 3P% will regress to their mean and we'll wonder why we didn't just sign Harkless in the first place to replicate their contributions.

Reddish is already at the mean. He's shooting 32.7% against a career average of 32.5%.

Vanderbilt doesn't really have a mean. Before this season, he only took a three-pointer about once every 10 games. It's still not a significant part of his game.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Turner and Hield seemingly dogging it against the Clippers probably because there trying to save there A game for tomorrow in a potential showcase in front of Jeanie and Rob.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:59 pm    Post subject:

All the talk of giving up two firsts for Turner, Zubac has 24p, 23r at the start of the 4th against Indy. Just reminds of how inept the Magic/Rob front office was.
Ostensibly things should have improved when Magic was removed. But it ended up just giving Klutch more clout as Jeanie inserted herself as PBO instead of replacing Magic.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
All the talk of giving up two firsts for Turner, Zubac has 24p, 23r at the start of the 4th against Indy. Just reminds of how inept the Magic/Rob front office was.
Ostensibly things should have improved when Magic was removed. But it ended up just giving Klutch more clout as Jeanie inserted herself as PBO instead of replacing Magic.

The Lakers thought at the time of the Zubac trade that they were working on LeBron’s time line, the Lakers probably needed shooting at that time and went ahead and did the Muscala trade, at least the Lakers have won a championship since the trade while the Clippers haven’t been to the Finals.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Turner and Hield seemingly dogging it against the Clippers probably because there trying to save there A game for tomorrow in a potential showcase in front of Jeanie and Rob.

Turner’s problem is that Zubac is destroying him. Imagine if we had a defending, rebounding center to play next to AD. But our FO just pisses them away.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Turner’s problem is that Zubac is destroying him. Imagine if we had a defending, rebounding center to play next to AD. But our FO just pisses them away.

Ivica Zubac today:

31 Points
29 Rebounds
3 Assists
3 Blocks
82% FG

Wow.. Myles got owned
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Seth Curry is a free agent next season!

32 years young! I really hope we can find a way to sign him to finish his career with the Lakers.

His game is perfect for us and not the worst on defense as I thought before
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Ivica Zubac today:

31 Points
29 Rebounds
3 Assists
3 Blocks
82% FG

Wow.. Myles got owned

Myles brings it almost every game with consistency, Zubac had it going today in a unusual remarkable game .. let’s not get ahead of ourselves.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Ivica Zubac today:

31 Points
29 Rebounds
3 Assists
3 Blocks
82% FG

Wow.. Myles got owned

Myles brings it almost every game with consistency, Zubac had it going today in a unusual remarkable game .. let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

Zu is in the running for DPOY this season.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Ivica Zubac today:

31 Points
29 Rebounds
3 Assists
3 Blocks
82% FG

Wow.. Myles got owned

Chill. 31/29 is absolutely getting owned
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:01 pm    Post subject:

-17, 3TOs, 4 fouls, 20mins.

Yeah, not a great showing there, Myles.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:21 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
daytripper wrote:

The Jazz are a team I will be rooting to fall on their face in the next few weeks.

If LBJ/AD are going to start playing like superstars again it's very obvious this team will basically need 3 rock solid roleplayers. I keep pointing to the bubble championship team with KCP, Kuz, etc.

It's not likely that we'd be able to get Vanderbilt, Beasley, and Olynyk for the assets we can offer. The Jazz aren't going to have a fire sale where we are the only buyer.

I doubt that they would trade Vanderbilt and Beasley even if they were tanking. Olynyk maybe. Tanking teams typically trade their vets, not their young players.

Maybe but I get the feeling Ainge would trade his own mother. These guys are roleplayers. Ofc it would come down to his demands.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:22 pm    Post subject:

daytripper wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
daytripper wrote:

Maybe but I get the feeling Ainge would trade his own mother. These guys are roleplayers. Ofc it would come down to his demands.

Practically speaking, I doubt he will trade Vanderbilt because Ainge will ask for more than teams are willing to pay. But I can't imagine if the Jazz go into sell-off mode that anyone would be off limits. It's just about the price tag.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Zubac 31 pts, 29 reb, 3 blk. Wtf Jeanie? Stop putting idiots in the front office.

Talk about late bloomer. I think Steph Curry was also a very late bloomer as well.
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:22 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
-17, 3TOs, 4 fouls, 20mins.

Yeah, not a great showing there, Myles.

Perfect time to throw Pacers the PBev/Nunn/1 1st offer
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Really seems like a good time to evaluate the Lakers roster in the next 10 games considering the tough schedule ahead of them, if they can steal some road games that would really raise the excitement level but if this team ends up struggling against tough competition, decisions need to be made regarding the future of the team.
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:10 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Ivica Zubac today:

31 Points
29 Rebounds
3 Assists
3 Blocks
82% FG

Wow.. Myles got owned

Zu is in the running for DPOY this season.

But we got NBA legend Mike Muscala in the Zubac trade.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook for Dinwiddie/Wood?
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

We’re sending um…how should I say…”entertainment” to um…”show hospitality” to the Pacers tonight in LA. I don’t expect they’ll have anything left tomorrow, even if they tried to save something.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Westbrook for Dinwiddie/Wood?

What's in it for Dallas?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 709, 710, 711 ... 2568, 2569, 2570  Next
Page 710 of 2570
Jump to: