NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 441, 442, 443 ... 2566, 2567, 2568  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:44 am    Post subject:

When have the Pacers ever tanked?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:44 am    Post subject:

Balto wrote:
Wrong, Nunn+Gab+Christie work. Not saying we should...BUT Rob does have the salary if he wants to make it happen.

The Suns aren't likely to consider a 3-for-1 trade
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:46 am    Post subject:

How bout Nunn+SRP for Precious? He taller
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:49 am    Post subject:

The offers for Jae Crowder are likely terrible. Lamar Odom only got us a second round pick.

I expect Jae Crowder to negotiate a buyout.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:50 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Balto wrote:
Wrong, Nunn+Gab+Christie work. Not saying we should...BUT Rob does have the salary if he wants to make it happen.

The Suns aren't likely to consider a 3-for-1 trade

Reports are that they are looking for a guard. Could they just waive Gab after the trade?
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:00 am    Post subject:

Does Westbrook have more value as a large expiring contract with very little money left as we approach the trade deadline? I think he probably does.

Does a large expiring, a young player off the roster, + the 2 FRP get you something during the season? I think that’s what the Lakers are banking on.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:04 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
The offers for Jae Crowder are likely terrible. Lamar Odom only got us a second round pick.

A buyout for him only makes sense if there is some other
team going to pony up any lost money in that buy out. Possible
because it could only be a couple of $$mm.

We'll see
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:06 am    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
Does Westbrook have more value as a large expiring contract with very little money left as we approach the trade deadline? I think he probably does.

Does a large expiring, a young player off the roster, + the 2 FRP get you something during the season? I think that’s what the Lakers are banking on.

I think your exactly right! Not 100% sure how Westbrook's contract is structured but if its spread out then that means about $24M will have been paid by the Lakers but still count as a $47M expiring contract.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:14 am    Post subject:

To LA: Turner, Hield, Crowder
To Indiana: Russ, 1st rounder
To Suns: Nunn, 2nd rounder

Well that completely changes the way our team looks:

Turner
AD/Crowder
LBJ/JTA
Hield/Walker/Reaves
Schroder/Bev

Bryant
Jones
Brown
Christie
Gabriel
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:17 am    Post subject:

FWIW Pacers writer Bob Kravitz who works for TheAthletic said that Turner can be traded at any moment and he bought up the Lakers.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

Reds622 wrote:

I don't think that Westbrook has any real value as an expiring contract. What team is looking for a $47M expiring contract? In other words, who wants to wipe out almost half of their payroll? It's possible that someone would want to do this, but the sheer size of the Westbrook contract is problematic. However . . . this makes sense only if the other team is shipping us contracts with multiple years remaining, which is not what we want. Otherwise, the other team could just let its own contracts expire.

I think it's more accurate to say that the negativity of the Westbrook contract will decline as the season progresses. If the other team would pay $20M instead of $40M, that changes the dynamics. But if we want to get something good as part of the deal, we'll still need to put an FRP or two on the table. And that's even more problematic at mid-season, especially if we're just getting a two-month rental on someone like Turner.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

Inspector Gadget wrote:
FWIW Pacers writer Bob Kravitz who works for TheAthletic said that Turner can be traded at any moment and he bought up the Lakers.

Nothing on Pacers Digest.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:19 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

I think the Crowder situation is more like Andre Iguodala at Memphis than Odom, where Andre sat at home collecting his paycheck for most of the season until Memphis finally found a deal for him.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:23 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Nothing on Pacers Digest.

Pacers Digest is a stupid forum

https://theathletic.com/3633420/2022/09/27/myles-turner-pacers-trade-lakers/?source=emp_shared_article
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:24 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Reds622 wrote:

I don't think that Westbrook has any real value as an expiring contract. What team is looking for a $47M expiring contract? In other words, who wants to wipe out almost half of their payroll? It's possible that someone would want to do this, but the sheer size of the Westbrook contract is problematic. However . . . this makes sense only if the other team is shipping us contracts with multiple years remaining, which is not what we want. Otherwise, the other team could just let its own contracts expire.

I think it's more accurate to say that the negativity of the Westbrook contract will decline as the season progresses. If the other team would pay $20M instead of $40M, that changes the dynamics. But if we want to get something good as part of the deal, we'll still need to put an FRP or two on the table. And that's even more problematic at mid-season, especially if we're just getting a two-month rental on someone like Turner.

a tanking team. if ainge wasnt an idiot he could have guaranteed a tank job
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:38 am    Post subject:

Some still want Turner?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:42 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Some still want Turner?

As long as he stays healthy he adds a dynamic style on this team next AD.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:50 am    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:
To LA: Turner, Hield, Crowder
To Indiana: Russ, 1st rounder
To Suns: Nunn, 2nd rounder

Well that completely changes the way our team looks:

Turner
AD/Crowder
LBJ/JTA
Hield/Walker/Reaves
Schroder/Bev

Bryant
Jones
Brown
Christie
Gabriel

Per report, Indy has been offered one 1st pick from Lakers. They want two. This is a great trade as presented as the pieces are fantastic fits, but it still takes two 1sts to get this done.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:52 am    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:
a tanking team. if ainge wasnt an idiot he could have guaranteed a tank job

He isn't, and he did.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:35 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1575129296091455489

If Crowder is dealt, I will be surprised if it is to a team in the West.
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:56 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Reds622 wrote:

You make good points.

If there was a player with multiple years that the Lakers actually wanted… then I think they would pull the trigger while giving that other team massive cap relief. Obviously the Lakers aren’t going to trade away their cap relief this summer for multiple players with multiple years left on their deal.

They would obviously do it for a player that they felt was worth giving up that upcoming cap relief. A young player with a huge deal? Perhaps.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:00 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Feel like the bigger story here is that Jeanie sold the team to a Pacers beat writer.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:06 am    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Reds622 wrote:

You make good points.

If there was a player with multiple years that the Lakers actually wanted… then I think they would pull the trigger while giving that other team massive cap relief. Obviously the Lakers aren’t going to trade away their cap relief this summer for multiple players with multiple years left on their deal.

They would obviously do it for a player that they felt was worth giving up that upcoming cap relief. A young player with a huge deal? Perhaps.

I think that's right. There is a possibility that something will happen during the season to make a star or near-star quality player available from a team that wants to get out of the luxury tax, or something like that. You just never know about this stuff.
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:17 am    Post subject:

If IND took Russ/1 1st for Buddy/Myles we would get a 7m trade exception from it no? 40m > 47m
Balto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:26 am    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
If IND took Russ/1 1st for Buddy/Myles we would get a 7m trade exception from it no? 40m > 47m

Correct, but one report said they would want Lakers to also take on Theis which would then mean the overall trade would add an additional $800k to the Lakers. Not a ton
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 441, 442, 443 ... 2566, 2567, 2568  Next
Page 442 of 2568
Jump to: