NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 176, 177, 178 ... 2558, 2559, 2560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:53 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
With the KD to Boston trade talk picking up steam and Mitchell trade talks getting re-engaged, it’s time for both franchises to pull the trigger.

The reports, for what they are worth, make it sound like no one is close to making a deal right now and no one feels any hurry to make a deal.

The report about Mitchell said nothing is imminent. The report about Boston, for example, didn't suggest a deal between Boston and Brooklyn was "picking up steam."

It just suggested that the Nets was telling teams, "Boston made its second-best player available in a trade, so if you want to get into the mix, you'd better offer your second-best player too." But nothing about the report suggested that the Nets were seriously considering accepting Boston's offer right now.

Dude stop always trying to act like your smart, clearly the report from today said that the Celtics offering Jaylen Brown was considered a unanimous front runner, Nets aren’t gonna wait forever and are probably getting tired of the drama, Mitchell might not happen now but there is a good chance he gets traded, these things are calculated.

I know this stuff punches your buttons because you are eager for deals to get done yesterday, but if you are going to bring up these topics for discussion I have to question your interpretation of the reports.

All the Boston report said was that Boston has made the best offer so far, including its second-best player, and the Nets are telling other teams that is the line they are using. The report says nothing about the Nets being tired of the drama. Actually, the report says with Durant saying he doesn’t intend to hold out, the Nets are under no pressure to act. The reality is the Nets might indeed wait forever and never trade Durant.

As far as Utah, the report says nothing is imminent.

Again, I get that you are chomping at the bit for something to happen. But the reports say what they say, not what you want them to say.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:57 am    Post subject:

Actually yeah lol I’m thirsty for a trade because Westbrook has been acting like a douchebag on social media throwing shots at the Lakers, like I told Hunter, just because what’s being said now doesn’t mean something won’t change in the very near distant future.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:58 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
governator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
With the KD to Boston trade talk picking up steam and Mitchell trade talks getting re-engaged, it’s time for both franchises to pull the trigger.

Hope this will make Kyrie-Lakers clearer, we gotta move WB

It might not, but if Mitchell goes to the Knicks perhaps we end up with Randle/Beverly/Bojan

Unless we are getting picks back instead of giving them out, that is an ugly deal for us.

I don’t think Lakers will have to give up any picks in that deal besides maybe a couple of 2nds.. Seriously do you guys realize that Westbrook has been going on social media and throwing shades at Jeanie Buss.. do you? Well he is, We have to part ways with Westbrook even if you don’t like what’s being offered.

I don't know man, all these maneuvers for saving 2023 cap space for... Randle who I'm not sure can be on closing lineup with both Bron and AD unless Bron slides to the 3&D, not feeling it
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:59 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
“Durant and Kyrie Irving were believed to have originally picked the Nets over the New York Knicks because they perceived Brooklyn, as much as anything, to be willing to bend to their will far more than James Dolan-owned New York would. That is no longer happening”- Marc Stein

They did bent over backward, curious what was the event that pissed off KD. Somebody said KD already knew they were gonna lose the Celtics series before it started so must have happened prior
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Okay, but you would have said the same thing a month ago. The point of the Amick article was that the Durant trade would probably take a long time to happen, not that the trade talk is picking up steam. I get the impression that Boston may have moved on.

Quote:
In a recent preseason primer, the Boston Globe’s Adam Himmelsbach threw plenty of cold water on recent trade rumors surrounding the Boston Celtics and Brooklyn Nets. According to a new report, Brooklyn and Boston are not anywhere close to nearing a deal that would land superstar Kevin Durant in green. This comes following weeks of speculation following multiple, sometimes conflicting reports from national media.

Himmelsbach stated, “there have not even been any real discussions of substance” between the two teams. Previous reporting from other sources suggested Boston and Brooklyn had engaged on some level, though the nature of those talks was unclear.

According to Himmelsbach, however, “there have not even been any real discussions of substance” between the organizations.

https://celticswire.usatoday.com/lists/nba-boston-celtics-no-kd-for-me-plz/

From the Celtic's owner:

Quote:
“We think our roster right now is a strongly contending team,” he explained. “Ime loves the group, Brad loves the group, I love the group. The group is very cohesive.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/team-co-owner-wyc-grousbeck-describes-boston-celtics-as-a-strongly-contending-team-with-roster-as-is/ar-AA10JrT8

This doesn't mean that it won't happen. But I've had a feeling for some time that the Celtics talk is more about filling the news void than anything of actual substance. We shall see.

Indeed, we shall. I do find it interesting that the alleged offer (of Brown) leaked in the first place. I would think that this wouldn't be something that the Celtics would want out there. With Brown scheduled to hit unrestricted free agency in two years, despite any rhetoric coming from Boston that they love their group (and sure, why would you say anything else?), the question for them really could be as simple as, who do they think will be better over the next 2 years, KD or Brown? I say that because perhaps Boston won't be keen on having both Brown and Tatum on mega-contracts in a few years. He's a very good player, yes, but perhaps they simply feel it would be bad business and counter-productive to be paying the guy over $50MM a year. That's where things are headed with the upcoming cap jump. They may feel like it's just better to have Durant for 4 years at his current salary. Of course, I'm sure their comfort level for doing a trade would depend on who else had to be included, combined with how many draft picks they'd be sending out.

I didn't think Boston would even be willing to put Brown in an offer. If it's true that they did, and this is just my read of it, it would line up with the notion that they have reservations about having him in Boston beyond 2024, either reservations on their end of paying him his max at that time, or reservations that Brown may seek to leave.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:01 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
governator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

It might not, but if Mitchell goes to the Knicks perhaps we end up with Randle/Beverly/Bojan

Unless we are getting picks back instead of giving them out, that is an ugly deal for us.

I don’t think Lakers will have to give up any picks in that deal besides maybe a couple of 2nds.. Seriously do you guys realize that Westbrook has been going on social media and throwing shades at Jeanie Buss.. do you? Well he is, We have to part ways with Westbrook even if you don’t like what’s being offered.

I don't know man, all these maneuvers for saving 2023 cap space for... Randle who I'm not sure can be on closing lineup with both Bron and AD unless Bron slides to the 3&D, not feeling it

Guarantee you that it will be much easier to flip Randle if it doesn’t end up working out, Randle as a 3rd scoring option would be freaking badass btw, he wouldn’t force things as much and he can concentrate on Improving his 3pt shot, last year he was the #1 scoring option which kinda isn’t what he is.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

This doesn't mean that it won't happen. But I've had a feeling for some time that the Celtics talk is more about filling the news void than anything of actual substance. We shall see.

My guess is that the Nets aren't close to a deal with anyone, and they are not having any meaningful discussions with anyone.

I don't think anything has changed for them. They intend to start the season with Durant and Irving, but they're open to trading Durant if someone offers a jaw-dropping deal, but none of the offers are in the ballpark of what they want. The Boston offer is the best to date, but my guess is the Nets found it unacceptable, and the Celtics have moved on.

The combination of Tsai supporting the FO and coach, and Durant saying he won't hold out, let a lot of the air out of the balloon. I think Durant has realized he has no leveraged, and the only drama that is going on now is in the minds of fans and the media.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Actually yeah lol I’m thirsty for a trade because Westbrook has been acting like a douchebag on social media throwing shots at the Lakers, like I told Hunter, just because what’s being said now doesn’t mean something won’t change in the very near distant future.

Sure, anything can happen and things can change. It's going to be interesting to see what happens in any case
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:28 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Sure, anything can happen and things can change. It's going to be interesting to see what happens in any case

👌
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:28 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
governator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I am dubious that there is anything to the Randle talk.

As far as I can determine, that all came from Stein. And Stein has become a clickbait artist with no credibility. You can just see the flop sweat in everything he posts, as he desperately tries to recruit subscribers for his newsletter.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:42 pm    Post subject:

No team wants to give up their young star for KD. Even the Pels don't want to give up BI for him. If KD played and re-aggravate his injury, there goes any value left of him. Nets are dumb af. They're blessed with free assets but still couldn't build a competitive team. At least the Lakers won one championship after getting Lebron for free.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:28 pm    Post subject:

I wasn't aware that KD and Tatum were spotted working out in LA on the court. Here's Jalen Rose's opinion, and I'm only including this because it actually shows the 2 of them on the court in a pic.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JalenRose/status/1559651462367645699
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:32 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I wasn't aware that KD and Tatum were spotted working out in LA on the court. Here's Jalen Rose's opinion, and I'm only including this because it actually shows the 2 of them on the court in a pic.

The writing is on the wall, now it’s just about both parties coming to a agreement on a trade.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

The writing is on the wall, now it’s just about both parties coming to a agreement on a trade.

which wall IG?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Wall of China
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Wall of China

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/67981189/chyna.jpg
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:56 pm    Post subject:

177 pages and absolutely nothing...lol

Let's see if we can get to 200 pages and still have nothing...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Wall of China

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/67981189/chyna.jpg

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:03 pm    Post subject:

BEazy wrote:

Let’s be real, the other mega FA thread was more active then this 1, lots of users left this thread when it was bombarded with posts that bring no value like the 1 about KD and his privacy.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
BEazy wrote:

Let’s be real, the other mega FA thread was more active then this 1, lots of users left this thread when it was bombarded with posts that bring no value like the 1 about KD and his privacy.

LOL, IG fires back
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:28 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

KD is lowkey trying to force a trade and I've gotta applaud him for that. I don't care if Foston gets KD as long as we get Kyrie.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:31 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

KD is lowkey trying to force a trade and I've gotta applaud him for that. I don't care if Foston gets KD as long as we get Kyrie.

Most superstars aren’t shy about there intentions, KD is the guy who left OKC when they lost in the WCF and were close to breaking through as a team, even Mitchell is probably hoping he gets dealt as most Jazz fans IMO want a chance at Wembaya
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Most superstars aren’t shy about there intentions, KD is the guy who left OKC when they lost in the WCF and were close to breaking through as a team, even Mitchell is probably hoping he gets dealt as most Jazz fans IMO want a chance at Wembaya

Yea, he's already made his intention known about wanting to be traded but this is him trying to make it happen. Hopefully, the Nets comply and move on. Jaylen is actually as best a player as they could have gotten back.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:39 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Yea, he's already made his intention known about wanting to be traded but this is him trying to make it happen. Hopefully, the Nets comply and move on. Jaylen is actually as best a player as they could have gotten back.

Brown is rising towards a real superstar talent, I bet Brown can help BRK win a lot of games in the regular season with his offensive capabilities.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Nets fans should be very happy getting someone like Brown when it’s well documented that the Celtics like him as apart of there long term plans.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 176, 177, 178 ... 2558, 2559, 2560  Next
Page 177 of 2560
Jump to: