LAKERS ROTATION PLUS/MINUS

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:30 am    Post subject: LAKERS ROTATION PLUS/MINUS

Laker Film Room wrote:

This chart is every Laker player's Net Rating when paired with every teammate, for the players who've played more than a couple games.

What stands out to you?

(note: these Net Ratings are filtered for when DeAndre Jordan is off the floor, with the exception of DJ's column/row)

https://twitter.com/LakerFilmRoom/status/1475161970286288896/photo/1
Dec 26, 2021ReplyRetweetFavorite

Rajon Rondo, Kent Bazemore, Deandre Jordan are poor fits with everybody. Austin Reaves elevates everyone except Kent Bazemore. I tried to tell everyone about Kent Bazemore, but he was immune to criticism for some reason.
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject:

The biggest red flag I see, is an undrafted rookie, making every other player better.

And DJ and Ariza should never be on the floor at the same time
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:04 am    Post subject:

These numbers don’t lie and they confirm everything we have been seeing all year. DJ has no business even being in the nba. Bazemore has been bad but I would keep him as the 15th guy. Reaves is the best fit out there with virtually everyone. And it’s simply because he’s not an entitled veteran and busting his ass. You saw some of that with Stanley Johnson. This is why Caruso fit so well. We need more hustle guys that run back on defense and don’t argue calls. Even though Melo has shot well at times, just don’t like his fit.

Play Reaves and Monk more. Save rondo for playoffs. Waive DJ. Trade THT and pick for a center. Or definitely move tht to second unit. Ultimately, our downfall will be Russ since there’s nothing you can do with him.

Russ - Bradley - Bron - Ariza - AD (I’m sure this is the lineup the coaches and ownership envisioned).

Nunn - Monk - Reaves - Melo - Dwight. Second unit

Ellington replaces Melo and they go small if he’s shooting well.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject:

The first game I saw Reeves I knew the kid was a keeper.

Ball movement is the new gold. Pop really changed the way the NBA is played even when he had Duncan, Ginobili and Parker the ball moved like crazy. Steve Kerrr stole his playbook and now look at GSW after Mark Jackson's terrible offense. In both teams you never see the ball stick with 1 player.

This guy has the spurs at 8th spot on offensive rating

And who leads the league in assist%? GSW #1 Spurs #2

Reeves belongs in those systems.

When you don't have the ball you move looking to get open or even if you don't get to shoot the ball you manage to confuse the defense a little and if every player on the floor does this you always get good shots. But this requires discipline.

He grabs the ball, if he is open he shoots the 3 or attacks close out, if not he swings the ball and looks to relocate. The offense becomes a well oiled machine.

I am very happy we got him.
MikeTrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:31 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
These numbers don’t lie and they confirm everything we have been seeing all year. DJ has no business even being in the nba. Bazemore has been bad but I would keep him as the 15th guy. Reaves is the best fit out there with virtually everyone. And it’s simply because he’s not an entitled veteran and busting his ass. You saw some of that with Stanley Johnson. This is why Caruso fit so well. We need more hustle guys that run back on defense and don’t argue calls. Even though Melo has shot well at times, just don’t like his fit.

Play Reaves and Monk more. Save rondo for playoffs. Waive DJ. Trade THT and pick for a center. Or definitely move tht to second unit. Ultimately, our downfall will be Russ since there’s nothing you can do with him.

Russ - Bradley - Bron - Ariza - AD (I’m sure this is the lineup the coaches and ownership envisioned).

Nunn - Monk - Reaves - Melo - Dwight. Second unit

Ellington replaces Melo and they go small if he’s shooting well.

I think Nunn was the original idea, but then they picked up Bradley once Nunn got hurt.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject:

It's interesting, but the sample size is too small to draw any conclusions. Reaves has played around 300 minutes in the NBA. In all likelihood, he has played only a few minutes with some of the other players on the chart. But sure, he has the highest raw +/- of any of the regular players on the roster. The URL tag doesn't work with the address for this data, but you can find it here:

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/traditional/?sort=PLUS_MINUS&dir=-1&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612747&CF=PLAYER_NAME*E*

You have to be cautious about this sort of data, because it is devoid of context such as lineups and game situations.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: