THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3202, 3203, 3204 ... 3672, 3673, 3674  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
America is deeply broken.

The Supreme Court is about to overturn Roe v Wade thanks in large part to 3 justices appointed by Trump -- who himself tried to overthrow Democracy.

And now it's come out that Trump tested positive for COVID 3 days before the debate and exposed Biden, military families, staff, journalists and Secret Service to COVID anyway.

A serial sexual assaulter and psychopath appointed 3 justices who will now severely curtail the rights of every woman in America.

Not to mention Trump's mishandling of pandemic that led to over half a million deaths.

And GOP would happily reinstate him.

Deeply broken.

That's because dumbasses have as much right to vote (for Trump) as we, non-dumbasses, have to vote for somebody else.

And when you combine dumbassery with racism, it's a surprise this country hasn't been demolished before now.

Not to mention the conscientious abstainers and third party voters who couldn't bring themselves to cast a ballot for the email lady.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:32 am    Post subject:

The only potential positive I can see is that there are five right wing SCOTUS votes for the nuclear option on Roe/Casey in June 2022, which causes a midterm backlash in Dems favor. Maybe if Mark Warner is the 50th vote instead of Joe Manchin, Schumer can overrule the Parliamentarian and legalize federal abortion access vis reconciliation in 2023. Then pack the damn courts.

Jesus, that's such a bleakly unlikely scenario, though.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject:

All this and the voters and gerrymandering are going to put the GOP right back in control of the house in 2022. Nut bags like Gaetz, Gosar, Green and Boebert will be heading committees. The Jan 6th commission will be scrapped. GOP will probably take the Senate too. Then they can completely break government and run on government being broken and sweep back to the White House in 2024. We are completely and absolutely (bleep) as a country. I don’t want my girls to grow up in this.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
All this and the voters and gerrymandering are going to put the GOP right back in control of the house in 2022. Nut bags like Gaetz, Gosar, Green and Boebert will be heading committees. The Jan 6th commission will be scrapped. GOP will probably take the Senate too. Then they can completely break government and run on government being broken and sweep back to the White House in 2024. We are completely and absolutely (bleep) as a country. I don’t want my girls to grow up in this.

What seems likely is that there'll be five right wing votes to turn Roe/Casey over to the states rather than ban it outright at the federal level. So if you live in a solidly blue state or have the means to relocate to one, abortion access should be unaffected in those areas.

Of course, these abortion bans will work to terrorize and police the bodies of lower income and minority women in red states while wealthier right wingers will still have access to backdoor abortions and wealthier liberals may move away. It's those women living in abortion deserts who will need to be helped and for whom the next fight is primarily going to be.*

* obviously the Court's decision will affect all women and this far right SCOTUS majority is going to be an ongoing threat to the civil liberties of women and minorities.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject:

If you think forcing secret service to drive him around in a bullet proof car while contagious with covid… this is even more vile

https://mobile.twitter.com/fpwellman/status/1466052866183938056
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:25 am    Post subject:

People blaming Ruth Bader Ginsburg today have way more confidence in John Roberts than they should.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:54 am    Post subject:

Copying this from covid thread:

Quote:
Kaitlan Collins @kaitlancollins

NEWS — the CDC has identified first case of Omicron in the US in California, per a source.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
People blaming Ruth Bader Ginsburg today have way more confidence in John Roberts than they should.

The blame starts with Mitch McConnell who stole a SCOTUS seat and Democrats including Obama let him get away with it. Then the 2016 voters who stayed home or voted for Jill Stein because "both sides are the same." ::screaming into the void::
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:07 pm    Post subject:

People blaming Ruth Bader Ginsburg today have way more confidence in John Roberts than Amy Coney Barret or Brett Kavanaugh.

FIFY
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
People blaming Ruth Bader Ginsburg today have way more confidence in John Roberts than Amy Coney Barret or Brett Kavanaugh.

FIFY

I'm skeptical the guy who gutted the VRA but left it facially intact wouldn't do something similar to Roe/Casey.

At least with sociopaths like Beer and Barrett as deciding votes the mask will be fully off.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

The blame starts with Mitch McConnell who stole a SCOTUS seat and Democrats including Obama let him get away with it. Then the 2016 voters who stayed home or voted for Jill Stein because "both sides are the same." ::screaming into the void::

Every once in awhile I think of the random Caucasian Bernie supporter who admitted on some CNN voter roundtable in 2017 that she voted for Trump and every woman of color present rolled their eyes at her.

Like her, I bet there's more than a few Stein/Trump voters out there overcompensating on social media by going after RBG and Democrats rather than McConnell...or themselves.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:34 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:

What seems likely is that there'll be five right wing votes to turn Roe/Casey over to the states rather than ban it outright at the federal level. So if you live in a solidly blue state or have the means to relocate to one, abortion access should be unaffected in those areas.

Of course, these abortion bans will work to terrorize and police the bodies of lower income and minority women in red states while wealthier right wingers will still have access to backdoor abortions and wealthier liberals may move away. It's those women living in abortion deserts who will need to be helped and for whom the next fight is primarily going to be.*

* obviously the Court's decision will affect all women and this far right SCOTUS majority is going to be an ongoing threat to the civil liberties of women and minorities.

If this is an issue women feel strongly about they will vote in masses. This doesn’t get to SC if state leaders were human.

However if women keep voting based on fear mongering this is their reality. Nothing, not economy, school shootings, gas prices would scare me more if I was woman than to not have control over my own body.

Last edited by Halflife on Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Stacy Abrams is running for governor.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

Will they steal it from her again?

As an American my whole life I assumed there were a few things you just never (bleep) with Elections and my Mail system..
Yet Republicans are terrorists at heart and just can't not (bleep) with everything

Republicans need brought to shame by soldiers. They fight and die for our democratic freedoms and ideals and Republicans
try to (bleep) all over our freedoms and ideals. Going so far as to try and rig elections via gerrymandering and digital fraud.

Wtf is wrong with these cowards?

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, June 25, 2021
Justice Department Files Lawsuit Against the State of Georgia to Stop Racially Discriminatory Provisions of New Voting Law
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-files-lawsuit-against-state-georgia-stop-racially-discriminatory

Did Trumps FBI help Georgia get away with covering up hacks and editing to its elections servers.. This is the first time I really noticed this paragraph

Quote:
According to the AP, the FBI made a forensic image of the relevant server in March 2017 as part of its investigation.
Atlanta FBI spokesman Stephen Emmett "would not say whether that image still exists."
Neither Emmett nor the FBI field office in Atlanta immediately responded to Ars’ request for comment.

The story of how a lawsuit was brought against Kemp/Georgia over the special election and oddities found in the results by a researcher...
VOILA they just deleted all the evidence so the case couldn't go further...
But did the FBI go further with this case? guess I will have to look that up

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/10/days-after-activists-sued-georgias-election-server-was-wiped-clean/
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

Governor… POTUS/VPOTUS ticket, she’s a star, let’s go
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:10 pm    Post subject:

"The Democrats had 50 years to make abortion access legal!"

No, technically they had at most 21 years (far less assuming the need of a trifecta), abortion was legal under Roe/Casey, and I don't see anyone clamoring for Democrats to pass a law legalizing gay marriage post-Obergefell because it's the law of the land as deemed by SCOTUS.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:34 pm    Post subject:

No, technically they had at most 21 years (far less assuming the need of a trifecta), abortion was legal under Roe/Casey, and I don't see anyone clamoring for Democrats to pass a law legalizing gay marriage post-Obergefell because it's the law of the land as deemed by SCOTUS.

warren says end filibuster and codify roe.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Brian Merchant @bcmerchant

Every so often you get numb to living in generally dystopian times, and then a new wave of the global pandemic hits, a school shooter kills his classmates with a gun his dad bought on Black Friday, and a theocratic court moves to throw out reproductive rights all on the same day
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:19 pm    Post subject:

This is a direct attack on the autonomy of all women. It's an attack on their privacy, their autonomy, their health, their ability to earn a living, their ability to attain an education. If all people are equal under the Constitution, how do you make a law to outlaw misogyny and Biblical patriarchy? The right-wing just keeps coming for it in a million new ways. They do not respect women, they want to control women.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

Why didnt I think it that? Oh wait, you have to have a majority agree to end the filibuster.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

This is a direct attack on the autonomy of all women. It's an attack on their privacy, their autonomy, their health, their ability to earn a living, their ability to attain an education. If all people are equal under the Constitution, how do you make a law to outlaw misogyny and Biblical patriarchy? The right-wing just keeps coming for it in a million new ways. They do not respect women, they want to control women.

As much as misogyny is a driving force behind outlawing abortion, I feel it's at least as much about trying to make our nation into a Christian theocracy.

We live in a time where conservatives say sh!t like America needs "one religion under God," meaning protestant Christianity of course, and they make anti-Semitic and anti-Muslim comments without anyone on their side really holding them accountable.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:00 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

As much as misogyny is a driving force behind outlawing abortion, I feel it's at least as much about trying to make our nation into a Christian theocracy.

We live in a time where conservatives say sh!t like America needs "one religion under God," meaning protestant Christianity of course, and they make anti-Semitic and anti-Muslim comments without anyone on their side really holding them accountable.

The underpinning of biblical Christianity is patriarchy and misogyny. Women and children are a man's property to control. It's all the same thing.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject:

Russia is getting itchy trigger fingers along the Ukrainian border again.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:41 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Why didnt I think it that? Oh wait, you have to have a majority agree to end the filibuster.

And Manchin is anti-abortion at that.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:52 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Ashton Pittman @ashtonpittman

Six years ago this month, Hillary Clinton tweeted that "A Republican president could nominate as many as 4 Supreme Court justices" & linked a warning that it could lead to the end of Roe v. Wade.

Her replies were filled with left-wingers accusing her of "fear mongering."

But her emails, but misogyny, but Pizza Gate.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3202, 3203, 3204 ... 3672, 3673, 3674  Next
Page 3203 of 3674
Jump to: