LAKERS -vs- WARRIORS - 10/7 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

and Gelabale... I see a distinct similarity as you pointed out; are they related?

At the least, I think they go to the same hair stylist.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
The Lakers have an extra ball-handler/perimeter creator. Finally.

And just as I suspected, the floor immediately stretched, opening up a lot of lanes for Kobe, something MJ routinely got to see with the Bulls.

Lob to Bynum, drive and dish for LO, baseline drive and bounce to Bynum. Three dunks off Ron's well-rounded game. Lanes seem to be quite open for Ron, too. He's got to love this.
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Who lined up this cupcake Preseason anyhow? Golden State three times? The Rockets start out with the Spurs, Boston, and the Magic. What the heck does Golden Frickin State tell us about ourselves, three times no less, other than we are great? Dumb.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Seems like we always play Golden State two or three times. They must be content to play the Washington Generals role and travel with L.A. as we tour our fan base.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject:

_#1_ wrote:
Who lined up this cupcake Preseason anyhow? Golden State three times? The Rockets start out with the Spurs, Boston, and the Magic. What the heck does Golden Frickin State tell us about ourselves, three times no less, other than we are great? Dumb.

Not dumb at all. Preseason isn't about the other teams. It's about coming together and everyone getting their basketball legs. We won the championship. We already know ourselves. Why give ANY of those good teams more burn playing against us than absolutely necessary? And what would playing a meaningless game against them say? Nothing, imo. The season is too long. Save the strategy for when the games actually count.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB. Can't wait to see Artest get more comfortable with the offense while simultaneously bringing good defense. Good to see that Farmar is not going down without at fight for minutes. Drew asserting himself out there is good to see as well. I've just about run out of things to write about Kobe. He's still a beast...now with a new running mate helping him wreak havoc on the perimeter and protecting our frontline. Look out NBA!!
Mation
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB! Can't wait till FSN broadcasts the game on the 17th. Can finally watch a full length game.
tenike1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

and Gelabale... I see a distinct similarity as you pointed out; are they related?

At the least, I think they go to the same hair stylist.

"Experience is the best teacher of them all." - Lamar Odom (after Game 6 @ DEN, 2009 WCF)

I am an irrational and pathetic poster.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject:

_#1_ wrote:

It's preseason.

The competition means precisely jack squat regardless of the name on the jerseys.

In fact, the Warriors present a bigger challenge than any of those teams simply because they are that bad and therefore play actual players more minutes.

Does going against camp fodder from other teams really tell you that much more? 5 minutes against KG or Duncan going half speed with Pierce sitting out because of an ingrown pube and Parker sitting out because he got flat water instead of sparkling isn't exactly a quantum leap here.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject:

_#1_ wrote:

GS is a nice test to see how our slower team handles a fast, uptempo team. You need to blot out the score though, as GS is absolutely pathetic at stopping a quality front court. Even when Bynum was a neophyte a few years ago, his breakout game was against GS. They just don't have anyone at pivot or PF with a back pocket.

I agree though... I wish they'd limit GS to one game. I want a better test AND I want entertainment. Laughing at Nellie doesn't count.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: