LAKERS -at- MAGIC - 6/11 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mation
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB!

I can't believe it has come down to one more win. All our struggles, trades, learning experiences, injuries and successes can culminate in the LOB trophy. The hardest part will be to close this team out and earn the Championship.

I went through every major emotion in this game. So, so proud of this team! I've clapped and hollered through our playoff battles, but when Gasol ran out for the dagger dunk I screamed forever. All that boiling frustration against the refs to result in a win on our side. How sweet it is.

Kobe holding his own against Dwight as the final seconds ticked off the regulation. Odom's defense on Lewis. Fish claiming his co-captain title. Ariza sending utter regret throughout the Magic management. Gasol demolishing the "soft" label. And Bynum gaining crucial experience for future playoff runs.

Odom's tweet of the day: WHEW!! Tonight was a tough one. One more. Just one more!

Let's go Lakers! Seal this series and take that Championship!

Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject:

-one more to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-we beat the odds...5 on 8...screw scott foster
-screw jim goldstein too
-d-fish = clutch, im sorry i ever doubted him
-kobe really dug deep and did a great job muscling their bigs on switches
-loved pau breaking away for the dunk whil hedo slipped
-speaking of hedo, jump to the 1:32 mark (i posted this last night too)

(warning: some swearing)
-18 free throws to 0 until the last 10 secs
-thanks superman for being human at the charity stripe
-kobe no look to pau i was so nervous i couldnt appreciate it until later
-espn still hating: d-fish's shot was #3 behind to baseball catches
-trevor really stepped up in the 3rd qtr and was key in our comeback
-what does rafer/shannon have to do to get some PT?
-L.O. seems to always make 3s whenever i yell at him not to take it
-early congrats to phil on #10, see ya red
great pics of dfish:
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/10/fullj.0758ae5c3e1945e3f455d2cd1c428a1d/0758ae5c3e1945e3f455d2cd1c428a1d-getty-88095585cc113_nba_finals_ga.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/28/fullj.ac98b4c9b23aebe77ee9ff498aef3ead/ac98b4c9b23aebe77ee9ff498aef3ead-getty-88095585jm057_lakers_magic.jpg

(check out dwade and boozer in the bottom right corner)

thanks DB, hopefully only one more write up

Last edited by Mr. EiGhTy-OnE on Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
chilake24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject:

[quote="ReaListik"]
Kobe made a ridiculous spin move play that set up Gasol and I thought it went pretty much unnoticed, but omg that was another time where I found myself jaw dropped and saying, "wow that was sick".

i didn't appreciate that too much at that time. think still 3 points to catch up. and the foul on D12 MADE me comletely forget the spin move and just wish D12 choke at the line. after rewatch the game, i saw a lot of beautiful play i didn't appreciate when i was cursing the refs.

yes, the refs were atrocious, stern knew that but still sebd them to the game. the biggest problem is stern is trying so hard tomake this a 7 game series. when tv rating is so good, lakers will be kind of srewed to make that happen. when spurs vs cavaliers, the bad tv rating make the league even don't bother to fix
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Thanks as always, DB. I'm not going to mention the ridiculous officiating b/c it's been mentioned numerous times. I will say that it was an absolute joke and I've never liked it when Salvatore and Foster are officiating. Trevor had a great third quarter and he also hit a big three as the shot clock was winding down to tie it with two and a half minutes left. Kobe's pass to Pau with thirty seconds left to cut it to three was also just a thing of beauty. Sometimes stats are very misleading. For example, Fish was 2 for 7 from three point range which is 29%. I'd say the two he made were pretty big. One more win to go.

Last edited by BigE32 on Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Great job DB, as always.

I look forward to your write up after one more win!
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB!

That was an epic win on so many levels that it ain't even funny. Last year, we lose that game. Everybody and their mamma saw that the Lakers were getting jobbed by the refs. Mad props to my boy Trevor stepping up when the Lakers needed him most. I just hope he didn't play his way out of Dr. Buss' price range.

Go Lakers!
bryants2hot2handle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject:

thanks DB. biggest win of the playoffs...so far...
StuLantz#1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject:

Though what they pulled off in game 4 was one of the great Laker feats there's something that needs addressing the rest of the way. I was upset by Phil's coaching early on before some nice adjustments (I specifically liked their focus on Rashard--and our defense did pick up its energy), but my problem was on offense.

I can't be too hard on Gasol because he definitely did help us win, and maybe it was just an offnight, but he needs to be more of a allstar post presence. He did try to attack the basket several times early on but consistently got blocked, so by later in the game we didn't have a good balanced attack. As much as I don't like it when Kobe is shooting and missing a lot, the guy had to do too much. Even though he wasn't hot, every time down in the latter half of the game we needed him to isolate and breakdown his man to either score or find someone else--too much dependence on Kobe. I felt we had no choice because Gasol wasn't having an effective post game (and our role players depend on our allstars). Hopefully they can make more adjustments.

Anyway, even though Orlando has been extremely competitive (though the last one probably wouldn't have been as competitive if not for a third party), I think we've now put ourselves in a position where if we lost it would be worst finals upset ever territory. Celebrating in LA is nice, but I'd rather this end as soon as possible in Orlando.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: