LAKERS -at- ROCKETS - 3/11 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sia_kb8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject:

Sasha's been dissappointing me big time this season.
najim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: LAKERS -at- ROCKETS - 3/11 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

DancingBarry wrote:
I expect that Sasha will miss his shots right now. That's not a good trend for a guy in a shooter role.

Unfortunately, this is sad but true. I was surprised to see Sasha rattle in that mid-range shot. The guy is just lacking that mental confidence he had last year. I don't know what the magic pill is to get him going other than to keep letting him shoot and waiting for him to snap out of it...
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject:

Maybe RonRon is really playing for the Lakers? He had such a tunnel-vision mindset that he destroyed the Rockets by his lonesome. Plus, he broke the #1 rule in the NBA never ever get Kobe mad. I'm really surprised how long Adelman stayed with RonRon when he was so clearly turning a team game into a personal duel, especially when he had Battier (the latest in the defunct line of Kobe-stoppers) on the bench. Kinda reminded me of how the Dumbleavy-led P-land team tried to goad Kobe into shrinking the game to a 1-on-1 battle. If that's the case, you better win the 1-on-1 battle. RonRon did not.

For all his flash and dazzle, I really admire Kobe when he's carving teams up like Jason vs nubile teenage campers on a Friday the 13th. Jumper here, jumper there, dribble penetration, double team steal, 3-ball side pocket. You know he's coming. You just can't stop him. Incredible.

Pau was steady. He got overpowered at times, but he also got key stops. Powell is worthy, not Worthy, but certainly worthy of some more PT.

Still worried about the other guards. Fish hits his 1st 3 shots, then bagels the rest of the game. JoFar, aside from his highlight dunk, doesn't seem to get the offense in proper alignment. Sasha's been MIA for seemingly the season. Shannon Brown couldn't hurt, could he?
Burgundy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject:

DB - Your comments on Farmar are right, unfortunately.

I've been one of the people saying he just needs to be in a D'Antoni offense...but you're right, he would probably be terrible in that type of offense, too.

To excel in that type of offense you actually need to be able to FINISH. I've lost count of how many layups the guy has missed - and he can't throw the ball in the ocean from three point land.

Don't even get me started on his absolute lack of passing ability.

He may just be a bad player.

In regards to Sasha, he needs to play with someone other than Farmar to get his game back. Farmar really does have a negative effect on that whole second unit - Sasha is most comfortable when he's running the tri (with Fish and Kobe), and Farmar runs an offense titled:

"Pound the ball and try to get a shot for myself...and if that fails, whip a pass to a heavily guarded guy and hope for the best."
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject:

Klone_dd wrote:

For all his flash and dazzle, I really admire Kobe when he's carving teams up like Jason vs nubile teenage campers on a Friday the 13th. Jumper here, jumper there, dribble penetration, double team steal, 3-ball side pocket. You know he's coming. You just can't stop him. Incredible.

Well said. You just don't want to be on the other side of that. You know he's coming for you and there's no place to hide...
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject:

Burgundy wrote:

I've been one of the people saying he just needs to be in a D'Antoni offense...but you're right, he would probably be terrible in that type of offense, too.

A lot of people have said that, but I just don't see the polish in his game to handle it. I'm not saying he can't get there, just that his lack of success right now would also be a lack of success in another system until he polishes his PG game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: