LAKERS -at- RAPTORS - 2/1 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject:

Quote:
With a clear-cut second option in Gasol and a third option in Bynum, Lamar can play the versatile garbage man role and even disappear as he is prone to do without as much impact.

I think Lamar was almost as giddy about the trade as Kobe.

1) He's relieved he didn't get traded.
2) He's relieved he doesn't have to be the second or even third option.
3) He can go back to his comfort zone, out of the spotlight.

Ironically, because of the above, he'll probably play much better the rest of the season.

Thanks, DB. Great write-up.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject:

What I find fascinating is that Gasol's name is mentioned in just about every post in this thread about a game in which he didn't even play.

And DB, you're recap is great, mentioning how Gasol's signing will impact everyone who was on the floor last night.

Pau, Pau, Pau, Pau, Pau.

(doing the happy dance)

BTW: Great win.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: LAKERS -at- RAPTORS - 2/1 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

DancingBarry wrote:
Props to the front office for ending the "Kobe situation." They didn't do anything stupid with Kobe at the beginning of the season. They didn't bite on offers for Bynum (although they went after KG). And, they pulled in another impact player without getting rid of an (immediate) impact player. Crit is going to be good, the picks will be missed, but Kobe's "prime" is, indeed, now.

Critter will be missed, esp. once he develops people here will be lusting after him. It remains to be seen how durable Pau is going to be, and how much of his "bad back" was more a matter of trying to get out of a losing situation rather than actually having a debilitating injury. That said it appears to be a good trade and we do hold the hope out that the back isn't as bad has it has appeared in the past. With that hope in mind it was indeed a 'steal' of a trade and many props are in order for the Laker FO.
froesel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject:

Excellent write up as usual DB. I think Kobe was celebrating about Gasol being a Laker. Hope we can continue to play good Sunday against Washington. We need to get a win streat going and gain our lossed ground on Pheonix.

VujacicFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject:

Great use of the phrase "jumpers of death". I'm very honored that you would use that and this is one of your best write-ups yet. Kobe also had a spectacular performance and seemed to have that extra pep in his step.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject:

Regarding Kwame Brown, I feel bad for the guy, I wanted him to succeed, but i guess it's just not meant to be. I think he would have improved significantly if he only could have remained healthy, and it's not his fault he was often injured; time and chance(the luck of the draw)happens to all, and for Kwame it was mostly bad.
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject:

Pau's got the "I'm on the block" bad back thing going. I'm sure he'll feel right as rain when he gets to play for the Lakers.

As for Kobe, he officially has his foot in his mouth now. The Lakers have ante'd up, and pulled out 4 aces. He needs to do his part, and finish it out with a royal flush with the DAMN CHAMPIONSHIP. Kobe, even having played for the Lakers for 12 years still didn't get that the Lakers are about championships. We don't hang "pacific championship" banners in our arena. We don't hang "western conference champions" in our arena. I hope he REALIZES that that is ALWAYS about what the Lakers are about.

From this trade, I'm looking for the team to get at _least_ 3 more rings. If the players fail now, they _know_ it's their fault. The Lakers now have all the pieces on paper to compete in the finals EVERY YEAR for the forseeable future.

Oh, and lastly, woohoo! Busted out the tomato again for Sasha! I wonder how much we'll be paying him at the end of the year...
ValisJason
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: LAKERS -at- RAPTORS - 2/1 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

DancingBarry wrote:

Mbenga -- -- Mback for another 10-day contract .

Amidst all the euphoria, gotta show some appreciation for this little joke!

tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject:

You could see the excitement over the trade in Kobe's eyes and his plays.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject:

Great job, especially covered in the euphoria of us actually making a move!
lakerzfan0417
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB, good job as usual
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject:

Gotta love the joy that Kobe played with in this game. After going nearly 48 the previous night, getting in to snowy Toronto at 3am, and then still having so much bounce, Kobe was vintage Kobe. I was betting he was going for 50.

I'm really wondering if LO's Invisible Man act the past few weeks had to do with potential trades. If he was the Lakers' initial trade bait to the Grizz, he still has to know his days are numbered. Maybe not now, but next year for sure, when he'll have a huge last year's contract, still be under 30 and still have those impressions of 'great potential' unrealized. Memo to LO: Get your head and skills in the game, do not disappear or else.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject:

thanks DB. what a fun game to watch. Kobe put on a clinic. I don't know how he makes 46 points look easy, but he does.

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject:

http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?content=video&url=http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/nbacom/news/kobe__happy_080201.asx&video=blank&nbasite=nba

Kobe is straight up a BEAST!!!!!!!!
pawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Excellent analysis, DB. Have to agree with everyone. You've got some great lines in this one and mixing in the trade quotes and your take on Kobe's future with the team were so encouraging to read through.

I'm glad we brought MBenga back. It's a little maddening to me that so many fans can't seem to see the rather apparent positive impact he has made in some of his appearances. If the FO has reservations about Mihm's ability to return and provide impact this year, then they should maintain DJ the remainder of the season, imo. We've already seen what happens when our bigs go down and leave us thin up front.
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject:

LO might be relieved because he's no longer a go-to guy. That's fine and it might actually work out perfectly on a team with two clear-cut scoring choices in Kobe and Gasol. I expect LO's numbers to go up... except maybe rebounding. He'll start averaging 5-6 assists per game and, oddly enough, he'll start scoring more because less attention will be placed on him. Last night was an indication of what it'll be like with Gasol with much more running.
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: LAKERS -at- RAPTORS - 2/1 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

ValisJason wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Mbenga -- -- Mback for another 10-day contract .

Amidst all the euphoria, gotta show some appreciation for this little joke!

Ha ha! Missed that the first time.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: