JAZZ -at- LAKERS - 12/28 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerHabib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject:

THANKS DB! I picked quite the game to miss, but it didn't feel like it after that analysis.

jd2k wrote:
Kobe's Spin Move.

http://www.vimeo.com/458385

Credit goes to revgen for his capture.

THANKS!! Absolutely loved that moment.

Amen to that!
X-tacy
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject:

Anyone else think that Andrew looked tired after the first? HE seemed to try and layup some shots that he would normaly dunk, and seemed really flat when going for certain rebounds?

Just what I saw. Maybe I'm wrong.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject:

I'm glad that Kwame and Turiaf are looking more comfortable off the bench. They do complement each other well on both ends of the court. With Bynum's emergence, the pressure on Kwame is significantly reduced. Turiaf can provide his energy without worrying about foul trouble.

Hopefully, this allows Mihm some time to fully recover to give us a low-post option off the bench by playoff time and be the full-time backup should Kwame be dealt or waived at the end of the season.

We absolutely need either Walton or Vlad to step up off the bench. Walton just isn't able to contribute consistently off the bench. I hope Vlad's recent slump is more due to injury than anything else. Vlad is an ideal "microwave" but I'd settle for Luke's ability to initiate from the post and provide a 3-point threat if he can do it consistently off the bench.

Sasha is finally starting to look like he shouldn't be too much of a liability in the 5 short minutes that Kobe would be sitting once playoff time arrives. There's also the hope that Crit will be contending for those minutes by then.

I'm glad this team is starting to click. I vehemently opposed the Fisher signing. I've been wrong thus far, but I'd like to see the team survive a playoff series against the P&R before fully endorsing the move. I can deal with seeing him get taken off the dribble as long as we have lengthy help defenders like Kobe, Ariza, Odom, and Bynum getting his back.

I won't be convinced we can win a championship with Odom at PF until I see him go the rest of the season without getting injured and surviving a series against a true banger PF like Boozer or West. I'm glad he's starting to show some consistency and as many have noted, he does appear to be good fit alongside Bynum. I would like to see him and Ariza work like madmen on their midrange games too.
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject:

X-tacy wrote:
Anyone else think that Andrew looked tired after the first? HE seemed to try and layup some shots that he would normaly dunk, and seemed really flat when going for certain rebounds?

]

Not sure if he was tired, but I know what you are talking about. I think the Jazz players were keeping their positions well on defense and not letting Andrew get a base underneath him.

Andrew will get better at that as time goes on. I remember when that used to happen to Shaq, he would simply lower his whole body, then power up for a huge dunk.

Dunno if Andrew has to learn to do that, get stronger, or both. I think, with time, he will get there though.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject:

pmakker wrote:
X-tacy wrote:

]

Not sure if he was tired, but I know what you are talking about. I think the Jazz players were keeping their positions well on defense and not letting Andrew get a base underneath him.

Andrew will get better at that as time goes on. I remember when that used to happen to Shaq, he would simply lower his whole body, then power up for a huge dunk.

Dunno if Andrew has to learn to do that, get stronger, or both. I think, with time, he will get there though.

I think part of it was his getting called on ticky-tack fouls. He got frustrated, and I feel that took him out of the game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:

I won't be convinced we can win a championship with Odom at PF until I see him go the rest of the season without getting injured and surviving a series against a true banger PF like Boozer or West. I'm glad he's starting to show some consistency and as many have noted, he does appear to be good fit alongside Bynum. I would like to see him and Ariza work like madmen on their midrange games too.

Thing is Odom doesn't get the banger assignment anyway. As you saw last night, he covered Okur and did it well. Bynum and Kwame teamed up on Boozer. Same goes with the Spurs and Duncan, Lamar when at the PF ends up covering their C spot. Not too many teams have a pair of bangers. Be nice if we did, but I wouldn't say it's essential to win a championship right now. Three impact players and tenacious D got it done last year.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Canuck wrote:
DB, I tend to always read your analysis of the game afterwards and I enjoy it. Living in LA, I watch every game, so I am recapping what I actually saw. While I have always appreciated your efforts, I do so more now. I am currently spending my holidays in NY and can't watch any of the games. These updates have been a god send!!!! Thank you so much for your time and effort. I think that for the people that can't watch the games, it's the next best thing!!!!

Thanks, Canuck.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject:

maddprophet wrote:
in the words of stu lantz, "bang bang bang b-b-b-bang bang b-b-bang bang"

that was a funny moment there, kobe 2 guns........

Thanks for adding that. I kind of froze trying to think how to type that out on the fly.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
gng930 wrote:

Thing is Odom doesn't get the banger assignment anyway. As you saw last night, he covered Okur and did it well. Bynum and Kwame teamed up on Boozer. Same goes with the Spurs and Duncan, Lamar when at the PF ends up covering their C spot. Not too many teams have a pair of bangers. Be nice if we did, but I wouldn't say it's essential to win a championship right now. Three impact players and tenacious D got it done last year.

I saw that as well but I still think it's one thing for Odom to guard a center for one game and another to do it over a 7-game series. Forcing Bynum to guard the stronger option also limits his ability to anchor the paint and, still being young and wiry, puts him at risk for foul trouble.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: