BULLS -at- LAKERS - 11/18 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSince72
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject:

TEAM LAKERS MEMBER #54 wrote:
Turnovers need to stop effective immediately. The up is that we are lookin like a team right now!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lakes

If you're a fan of the Uptemo-"Farmaresque"-Bench Mob style game, you'll have to account for few more TO's. That said, so many of the TO's can be avoided and yes DO NEED TO STOP right now (see Cookie's lazy entry pass to Kwame )
LakerSince72
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject:

tony smith wrote:
as soon as sasha came into the game, i already saw the waving banana. great job, db.

I'll never look at Sasha the same again.....

But it is always funny to see him always bump into Stu on live TV during pregame warmups!!!! You can see the steam rising from Stu's ears last night.

Also on that note, you see how winning is the best balm for what ails the Lakers (see any Kobe LA TIMES/tabloid trade rumors). Vlad Rad was seen playfully interupting a live interview during Luke or Andrew's post game interview (I can't remember which interviewee it was). I'd love to see the guy's camraderie after taking two for three on this weeks road trip.....
LakerSince72
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
As always, thanks for the write-up - it is SO MUCH BETTER than what Norm Nixon is providing.

AMEN TO THAT!!!! Is it just me or does Norm look like he's smokin' that s#!t from a coke can with JR Rider before the broadcast!?!?!

Anybody know why FOX dropped Jack Haley??? "Good Riddens" to "Coach" Westphal cause he sucked eggs, but BOY do I Miss Haley's Comment!!!!!
LakerSince72
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Vadorojo wrote:
Thank you DB! I can't tell you how much I appreciate these game recaps. I'm currently in Spain and have little to no chance of watching Laker games and ESPN replays and box scores only go so far. As a result, I look forward to reading your posts after every game. Thanks a ton and please, keep up the good work!

Bienvenidos a LG Vadorojo!
LakerSince72
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Mation wrote:
Man, I didn't really get a good look at Tyrus Thomas until this game. He should be making highlights every chance he gets; pure athleticism.

Ty Thomas reminds me of a spry Shawn Marion...... without the butt ugly shooting form! Did you see how high he got when he almost flushed on the Big Baby Bynum?!?!
LakerSince72
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject:

jaidai wrote:
Awesome DB!
What were kobe's reason's for wanting a trade again?

I say take the kobe off the block, and if he walks out in two years - who cares? bynum and farmar will be franchise players by then!!!

You must be smokin doobies with Nixon and JR too jaidai!!!!! :roll: sheesh!!!! No Laker fan with half a wit wants to see Kobe go ANYWHERE but the Finals and Hall of Fame, AS A LAKER!!!!!
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Still, the defensive tone is set by the starters. Once Ronny is back starting, we'll need to probably keep Kobe, Odom, Fish and Ronny in the starting lineup, for no other reason than defense. They have the most experience and cohesive ability to play D.
Keeping the rotations and lineups the same provides the following:

Keeps the 2nd team intact while continuing the chemistry that is starting to be develop while maintaining their role to immediate change the tempo. I don't think that they have the stamina/conditioning to continue their tempo throughout the game.

Keeping the same starting lineup takes the pressure off of Farmar (starting is way different than coming off the bench while keeping him frest throughout the season), keep Bynum motivated while keeping his minutes between 20 -25 (the right amount for him to keep him hungry and fresh), allow Mihm/Brown in roles that they are the most successful (i.e. Kwame is not good coming off the bench, Mihm - because he is still recoving - would be better starting rather than coming off the bench cold and staying with rotations/linups that have been successful. Why change things when we are winning. btw: It is way different to have one's 2nd team going against the opposting team regulars.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: