LAKERS -at- ROCKETS - 11/14 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSince72
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Siguy wrote:
Odom was really screwed up in this game. The good thing with him, is that even in his worst games, he gets big rebounds and gets his hands on some steals.

But jeez, he couldn't shoot, he couldn't post up, he charged a lot. He needs to get his post game back and fast.

We really should cut LO some slack. Remember, he still has to get his game legs under him. Let's be honest, a 75% LO is better than no LO. His size and skill-level forces teams to respect his presence.
LakerSince72
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: LAKERS -at- ROCKETS - 11/14 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

Great Job DB!!! As per ususal..........

DancingBarry wrote:

Evans -- -- Cold Mo? Wait. He hit a three. But he also missed two freethrows. Maybe it was a rare Warm Mo.

WARM MO!?!?!? That's a riot!!!!
LaMesaLakerLover
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject:

dudebroman wrote:
I think fisher hit the timely shots that kept us from letting the game get away from us. And he didnt hurt us at all as far as I am concerned.

He had a few costly turnovers in the 4th quarter, and looked eratic to me. Bear in mind that I didn't watch any of the first half.

Don't get me wrong cause Fish is, and will always be, one of my favorite Lakers ever. He just didn't play well in the 2nd half...
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Strangely, it appears to me that Houston is better in a lot of ways with either Yao or TMac out. It seems like they struggle to mesh their games, and the team plays more cohesively with only one.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Strangely, it appears to me that Houston is better in a lot of ways with either Yao or TMac out. It seems like they struggle to mesh their games, and the team plays more cohesively with only one.

The Rockets surely looked like a better team last night with McGrady off the floor... however, the Rockets record is statistically worse when McGrady doesn't play (regardless of whether or not Yao plays).

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
24 wrote:

The Rockets surely looked like a better team last night with McGrady off the floor... however, the Rockets record is statistically worse when McGrady doesn't play (regardless of whether or not Yao plays).
In order, I'd say the best lineups for Houston are:

Tmac wth no Yao
Yao with no TMac
Both available
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
24 wrote:

In order, I'd say the best lineups for Houston are:

Tmac wth no Yao
Yao with no TMac
Both available

All I care about are the best lineups for the Lakers ... no Mcgrady AND no Yao.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
dakid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Great win, even if we maybe lucked out a bit with Enforcer Walton knocking TMac out of the game. That was clearly Walton's best contribution, that's for sure.

Everyone get off LO. He is in training camp. He needs at least two weeks to catch up to where the other guys are as far as game speed.....also, LO is a proven rebounder so not all of our bigs other than Bynum can't rebound. Turiaf will grab some boards too, I hate hearing he got hurt.

They need to win some of these upcoming games to maintain contact in the West.
Mike D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject:

Thank you for the breakdown DB. You are the man.
1on5
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Great win, even if we maybe lucked out a bit with Enforcer Walton knocking TMac out of the game. That was clearly Walton's best contribution, that's for sure.

Everyone get off LO. He is in training camp. He needs at least two weeks to catch up to where the other guys are as far as game speed.....also, LO is a proven rebounder so not all of our bigs other than Bynum can't rebound. Turiaf will grab some boards too, I hate hearing he got hurt.

They need to win some of these upcoming games to maintain contact in the West.

I disagree - that only enraged the fans and created a HUGE mismatch for Liability Luke when Bonzi came in. We would have won by 10+ had T-Mac stayed on the floor.

Luke really is the worst defender we have. He is just terrible.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject:

1on5 wrote:

I disagree - that only enraged the fans and created a HUGE mismatch for Liability Luke when Bonzi came in. We would have won by 10+ had T-Mac stayed on the floor.

What is weird is I gave Luke kudos a week or so ago for his improved defense in the first few games. He has regressed badly in that area in the last few games.

As Van Gundy said/whined on the telecast, I have no idea why Luke was trying to body up Bonzi on the perimeter instead of sagging off and taking away the drive. A pathetic defensive strategy and a pathetic performance from him for sure, some of his passes/turnovers offensively were hard to watch.
bill_bridges
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
We currently are the best team in the league in rebounding (have the highest rebounding differential in the league - the rockets are second).

We have some good rebounders but this is actually due to the high turnovers which reduce the number of sLaker shot attempts (and defensive rebounds for the opponents) and increases the opponent's shot attempts (and defensive rebounds for the Lakers).

Lakers are second only to Memphis in turnover differential.

And by the way. Any doubt that if Kwame had two free throws at the end of the game that he would have clanged both? Instead Bynum was clutch. Give Socks more minutes!
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
1on5 wrote:

What is weird is I gave Luke kudos a week or so ago for his improved defense in the first few games. He has regressed badly in that area in the last few games.

As Van Gundy said/whined on the telecast, I have no idea why Luke was trying to body up Bonzi on the perimeter instead of sagging off and taking away the drive. A pathetic defensive strategy and a pathetic performance from him for sure, some of his passes/turnovers offensively were hard to watch.

I hate to say it, but Luke is almost as bad as Devean George when it comes to fluctuations in his confidence and the effect those fluctuations have on his gameplay. Luke isn't a great defender from a physical standpoint, but he is generally a smart one. However, when he starts to lose confidence in himself, his basketball IQ goes out the door. That's when you start to see him make stupid passes and poor defensive decisions. The poor shooting is just the nail in the coffin.
All_Star_Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Lakers vs Pistons thoughts and ratings?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: