17th Pick: JALEN HOOD SCHIFINO is a Laker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:20 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
trade this guy to get pippen jr back. he's ballin for the grizzlies

thats what happens when you're on a team going nowhere and can get all the shots.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:35 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
I think he will be fine. If Gabe is traded this offseason in a package for Trae young I expect JHS to become our backup point. I think he makes the jump this summer.

He’s not an all around athlete but he is very quick, and strong.

He seems to have worked on his jumper as well. Looking forward to seeing him in summer league.

He should be able to crack the rotation in year two as a 17 overall pick. If he can’t I think the criticism will be valid.

I don't see how he's not part of a Trae Young package or for whoever they try to get with their picks. They're already short on future draft picks to trade.

That may be true.

Rui
Reaves
Vincent
3 FRP
Pick swaps
JHS

For Trae young….

That’s lowkey a haul for Trae young!

And another year barely making the play-in. lol
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:50 am    Post subject:

Warriors hit on both their picks podz and the 58th pick.

Both playing crucial mins .trayce Davis getting mins over Lonnie

While we have this bust jhs
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 9:56 am    Post subject:

“One kind of running joke internally was that he was just gunnin’ when he was out there in blowout situations. He was just looking to shoot, and I think sometimes kind of plays with blinders on, and he needs to address that.” — Jovan Buha

https://ahnfiredigital.com/nba/lakers/report-lakers-had-running-joke-about-jalen-hood-schifinos-playstyle-this-season/
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 10:27 am    Post subject:

With the team’s championship window of opportunity shrinking, the decision to draft someone so raw was asinine. It makes me think Rob had a lot to do with drafting a fellow big 10 player. Jaquez was in their backyard, fully matured, and performed well against many top performers who are now in the NBA. Podziemski had some maturity at age 20, speed, quickness, and creative pg skills the team could use. Those are 1st rd talents who were ignored and paid immediate dividends.

In the 2nd rd, they doubled down on Isaac Bonga type, raw youth, instead of selecting a plug & play big body like Trace Jackson Davis (also big 10?).

Now Lebron wants them to draft(?) his son, far more raw than JHS. When will it stop?
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 10:57 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

“One kind of running joke internally was that he was just gunnin’ when he was out there in blowout situations. He was just looking to shoot, and I think sometimes kind of plays with blinders on, and he needs to address that.” — Jovan Buha

https://ahnfiredigital.com/nba/lakers/report-lakers-had-running-joke-about-jalen-hood-schifinos-playstyle-this-season/

Even if it's true, it shouldn't have leaked. Undermines the sanctity of the locker room.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 6:09 pm    Post subject:

if you guys think dlo is unathletic, you'd better not hope this guy is the heir apparent, lol
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 6:27 pm    Post subject:

We still don't know what JHS will be. Just hope his recovery is going well and that we get to see him play in Summer League.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 6:39 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
if you guys think dlo is unathletic, you'd better not hope this guy is the heir apparent, lol

He’s got decent strength, saw him ‘bulldoze’ to the rim in summer league, I mean uncontrolled but he got there. I been saying, mold him into Artest, board-defend-3 , stop pushing him into a ball needing PG
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 7:53 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

He’s got decent strength, saw him ‘bulldoze’ to the rim in summer league, I mean uncontrolled but he got there. I been saying, mold him into Artest, board-defend-3 , stop pushing him into a ball needing PG

Artest was a pitbull. We need JHS to play like a Labrador first.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
governator wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

Artest was a pitbull. We need JHS to play like a Labrador first.

I don’t know if this kid is ready for the nba or when he would be. FO
Bad mistake by the drafting team…
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Any update on his injury

MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2024 11:28 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Any update on his injury

He's expected to make a full recovery in the off-season. He isn't on social media much so we can only assume he's working hard.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 1:54 am    Post subject:

It's wild to me how some people are so confident that JHS is a bust, after seeing him in limited minutes, IN HIS ROOKIE SEASON. It's way too early to proclaim whether he'll be a bust, a solid rotation player, or a star. Hope he fully recovers from his injury, and puts in the hard work to improve his game for next season. If not included in some trade, I'm looking forward to how he looks.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 7:56 am    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
It's wild to me how some people are so confident that JHS is a bust, after seeing him in limited minutes, IN HIS ROOKIE SEASON. It's way too early to proclaim whether he'll be a bust, a solid rotation player, or a star. Hope he fully recovers from his injury, and puts in the hard work to improve his game for next season. If not included in some trade, I'm looking forward to how he looks.

especially with apparently a suspect coaching staff. That was the crime of our youth BI etc. They were stuck with Luke and an uninterested Byron.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 12:36 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Any update on his injury

Nope not yet.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 12:41 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:

The guy is slow, unathletic, can't shoot, can't defend, can't playmake. Didn't even look good in the summer league. Tell me exactly what he's shown for anybody to be optimistic? He was a questionable selection the time the pick was made and didn't do a single thing to prove otherwise. Still have no idea what they were thinking with this selection when guys like Whitmore and JJJ were sitting right there.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

The guy is slow, unathletic, can't shoot, can't defend, can't playmake. Didn't even look good in the summer league. Tell me exactly what he's shown for anybody to be optimistic? He was a questionable selection the time the pick was made and didn't do a single thing to prove otherwise. Still have no idea what they were thinking with this selection when guys like Whitmore and JJJ were sitting right there.

His back was probably injured throughout the whole season.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 2:00 pm    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

His back was probably injured throughout the whole season.

Him being injury prone as well as lacking the skills mentioned doesn't exactly help Jalen's case lol.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

You put stock in summer league but ignore him dominating in the g league... okay then.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 3:02 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

You put stock in summer league but ignore him dominating in the g league... okay then.

How we going to hate on him if we add in what he did in the G-league?
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Dont get me wrong i was super disappointed with this draft pick when it happened on draft day but i still do think there is chance for fino to turn it around. he flashed a bunch of potential in IU and the gleague. cautiously optimistic he'll contribute next season if he isnt dealt (which im assuming he will be)
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

Last edited by zambia on Sun May 12, 2024 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Shaolin's Finest wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

People said the same things about J. Brunson.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 3:56 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Shaolin's Finest wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

Who cares if he dominates the G League. So did Mac McClung and how is his NBA career? The last 3 MVPs of the G League are Mac McLung, Carlik Jones, and Trevelin Queen. Do any of them even play in the NBA? Why do you keep bringing up his success in the G League as if it's any indicator of how his success will be in the NBA. Using your logic, JHS couldn't even beat out McClung for the G League MVP. The same McClung who isn't good enough to play a single minute in the NBA last year. That's not really a ringing endorsement for JHS.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 46 of 48
Jump to: