Welcome Cam Reddish (2yr, Vet Min)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Darvin Ham thinks Cam Reddish's defense on Maxey was "huge" for the Lakers in his return.

Looks like he's gonna play him more next game against Tyrese Haliburton..hopefully he gets his legs back fast. going to need his corner 3s.

Ham will play Reddish into the ground into another injury if he continues the way he's been doing. I'd rather he treat it the way Rui and Vando was treated with the minutes restrictions and in small bursts till he's actually 100% and ready. Him constantly rushing him back is why he keeps getting re-hurt.

Good on Maxey tonight however.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:43 pm    Post subject:

I'm so glad he's back to steal minutes from better players
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:47 pm    Post subject:

-17 tonight on a double digit win...
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Time to shelf him and just play Max/TP/Dinwiddie more...

Vando will be taking his minutes away anyways.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:

More of Ham's fault than his fault, he was just on a garbage lineup.
But man, he is a situational player at best. If we really need that point of attack athleticism then ok, but Max is just better
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:03 pm    Post subject:

This guy was somehow getting 25-30 minutes a game as a starter for quite a few games for us.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:10 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:

But man, he is a situational player at best. If we really need that point of attack athleticism then ok, but Max is just better

Max isn’t better defending guards than Cam. Max is awful at the guard spots and excels at SF. Cam is awful at sf and excels at guard. We have an awful chance of winning if we rely on either, so bench both and play your best 8.

Gabe and Vando with no reps are better than playing Max and Cam

Until either of them are healthy and cleared, down this whole stretch the Lakers should only be using The starters, Spencer, Prince, and Hayes. 2 starters on the court at all times
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:13 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
This guy was somehow getting 25-30 minutes a game as a starter for quite a few games for us.

Absolutely infuriating
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:11 am    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
tox wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:

Max isn’t better defending guards than Cam. Max is awful at the guard spots and excels at SF. Cam is awful at sf and excels at guard. We have an awful chance of winning if we rely on either, so bench both and play your best 8.

Until either of them are healthy and cleared, down this whole stretch the Lakers should only be using The starters, Spencer, Prince, and Hayes. 2 starters on the court at all times

With all due respect, I couldn't disagree with this more. Both Max, and Cam, are very good perimeter defenders. Cam has the advantage of having quick/long hands, and size, over Max. Max is ahead of Cam on offense, but makes young player mistakes (while having an infuriatingly short leash).

Both are situational players. Personally, I would play the player that's having he better game. But, Ham obviously prefers Cam...and Prince. *shrug*
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 am    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
tox wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:

I'm not sure I agree with any of that. But Max is a better player because he can actually shoot 3s and grab rebounds, skills which this roster needs. Actually, Max can actually attack close outs too
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
tox wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:

I'm not sure I agree with any of that. But Max is a better player because he can actually shoot 3s and grab rebounds, skills which this roster needs. Actually, Max can actually attack close outs too

If Max was getting the same amount of opportunity that Cam has, he'd have progressed a lot during the season to the point Cam would be getting the current lack of minutes Max currently is.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 am    Post subject:

What happen to this guy’s offense? When I saw him with other teams he ar least showed some shot & scoring ability, but he has completely lost that part of his game! He can’t make a shot, he does very good defensively but he’s a terrible liability on offense & I noticed teams don’t even cover him outside. I’m sure it’s all mental now, I believe this also happens when playing with LBJ you gotta have thick skin & mentally to play alongside him.

This is just another Ham head move starting him & T.P. over Rui all season until it was too late to finish in top 4.
HC: Riley
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:07 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
tox wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:

Cam is a + 0.4 at PG - 5% his time
Cam is a +5.7 at SG - 61% his time
Cam is a -13.5 at SF - 34% his time

Max is a -28.9 at PG - 4% his time
Max is a -1.6 at SG - 77% his time
Max is a +15.9 at SF - 18% his time

When Ham tired the no pg bs with Reaves and Dlo off the bench, it was bad. Cam could keep them in front, Max couldn’t his small stretch. At the sg spot Cam is clearly the better defender and more equipped to stay in front certain guys which is why the IST saw him playing Hali and others while Max sat. He’s really weak though if you knock him around with a wing. And you can couple that without Max being slow on the first step, just watch the last Indiana game where TJ McConnell sized him up and blew by Max multiple times. But Max is clearly a better rebounder and good at length as long as he doesn’t have to move and navigate a player who switches him side to side and just tries to go through him.

They both are extremely flawed for what we need. Spencer is a better version of them and they shouldn’t waste playoff time on them in hopes they get it together. Just bench them outright and use Spencer, Prince, and Hayes with the starters so that you always have two of AD, Bron, AR, Dlo, or Rui out there.

You also have to point out that while Max shoots and boards better, which he does, that he’s an awful passer. Even Gilbert Arenas pointed out that he should be using his garbage time as an iso show to work on his dribbles, shot, and passing because he has the tools. He just is too shaky is all. He frequently misses the reads and passes or throws the passes off the spot so a person has to adjust and give up their spot to get the ball. There’s plenty of times Bron, AD, or Rui have someone sealed and he gets it on the perimeter and he screws the pass the hell up so they have to give up the seal to get the ball over the ball coming to them. He has a ways to go, Hayes is a better passer than him at this point
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
tox wrote:
Kblo247! wrote:
tox wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:

Cam is a + 0.4 at PG - 5% his time
Cam is a +5.7 at SG - 61% his time
Cam is a -13.5 at SF - 34% his time

Max is a -28.9 at PG - 4% his time
Max is a -1.6 at SG - 77% his time
Max is a +15.9 at SF - 18% his time

When Ham tired the no pg bs with Reaves and Dlo off the bench, it was bad. Cam could keep them in front, Max couldn’t his small stretch. At the sg spot Cam is clearly the better defender and more equipped to stay in front certain guys which is why the IST saw him playing Hali and others while Max sat. He’s really weak though if you knock him around with a wing. And you can couple that without Max being slow on the first step, just watch the last Indiana game where TJ McConnell sized him up and blew by Max multiple times. But Max is clearly a better rebounder and good at length as long as he doesn’t have to move and navigate a player who switches him side to side and just tries to go through him.

They both are extremely flawed for what we need. Spencer is a better version of them and they shouldn’t waste playoff time on them in hopes they get it together. Just bench them outright and use Spencer, Prince, and Hayes with the starters so that you always have two of AD, Bron, AR, Dlo, or Rui out there.

You also have to point out that while Max shoots and boards better, which he does, that he’s an awful passer. Even Gilbert Arenas pointed out that he should be using his garbage time as an iso show to work on his dribbles, shot, and passing because he has the tools. He just is too shaky is all. He frequently misses the reads and passes or throws the passes off the spot so a person has to adjust and give up their spot to get the ball. There’s plenty of times Bron, AD, or Rui have someone sealed and he gets it on the perimeter and he screws the pass the hell up so they have to give up the seal to get the ball over the ball coming to them. He has a ways to go, Hayes is a better passer than him at this point

good analysis.
I'd like to add that from what I've seen, Max has a genuine desire to learn and improve.. That and his age means there's a good upside still..
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:56 pm    Post subject:

china in his cards...
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:05 pm    Post subject:

player option next season. you think he'll opt in? lol
Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:46 pm    Post subject:

How on earth do you give this guy a player option? Who are you bidding against?
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:18 pm    Post subject:

If pride weren't a thing I'd say he could use some time in the G League. He needs to develop his offensive game, and develop some confidence there. It doesn't feel like there is any consistency to anything he does out there offensively. He doesn't play nearly enough to develop anything, and you don't really want him to with how far behind he is on anything but catching and shooting from behind the arc.

Seems like he is capable of more, but that needs to be developed. I don't think you can develop any of that on this level at this point in the season.

It feels like his minutes are the most vulnerable to GV or JV coming back. I really want him to have a productive career, but he needs work. He needs to also be healthy, because he's been in and out of the lineup, like most of our team really.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Cam Reddish 3 straight games with no points.

Waste of a roster spot..
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
If pride weren't a thing I'd say he could use some time in the G League. He needs to develop his offensive game, and develop some confidence there. It doesn't feel like there is any consistency to anything he does out there offensively. He doesn't play nearly enough to develop anything, and you don't really want him to with how far behind he is on anything but catching and shooting from behind the arc.

Seems like he is capable of more, but that needs to be developed. I don't think you can develop any of that on this level at this point in the season.

It feels like his minutes are the most vulnerable to GV or JV coming back. I really want him to have a productive career, but he needs work. He needs to also be healthy, because he's been in and out of the lineup, like most of our team really.

Him being in and out because of injuries has kind of stunt his development... But I think right now you have to just take him out the line-up and play someone who can give you more shooting and scoring.

Hoping Gabe just takes all his minutes. Since Bron usually plays with the 2nd unit. I'll be happy just to see.

Gabe
Dinwiddie
TP
Bron
Hayes
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:37 am    Post subject:

Useless
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:43 am    Post subject:

If this was the game to show why he'd deserve minutes over Vincent, if Vincent is even 80% of what he was. This was not the game to do it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Page 30 of 30
Jump to: