GRIZZLIES -at- LAKERS - 4-24-23 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:18 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
I just think of how much offense those teams run through each of those players with consistency. It’s completely different than how we use AD. He is also more point guard dependent. Just rewatching the game right now and in the fourth quarter he is setting screen after screen after screen. No one is putting the ball in his hands. I think those most he had it was that one steal where he tried to take it the distance.

Sadly that's part of the Dennis effect too.

I didn't see any great D that Dennis was doing in G4, but I did see him throwing the ball away twice and our offense grinding to a halt with him, Dlo, and AR on the floor together for some reason.

When Dlo subbed in I thought it would be for Dennis but instead it was Rui?

Dennis played like the whole 4th Q.

We won so hard to argue. I still thought Dennis and Bron on the court at the same time is foolish.

Closing should be Bron, AD, Rui, AR ,Dlo...Dlo fouled out so Dennis would be fine in that case, but he needs to be a sub for Bron with the express role of scoring as much as possible during his minutes.

We won...so it dont matter.

#BannersOverBillboards
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:50 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
I just think of how much offense those teams run through each of those players with consistency. It’s completely different than how we use AD. He is also more point guard dependent. Just rewatching the game right now and in the fourth quarter he is setting screen after screen after screen. No one is putting the ball in his hands. I think those most he had it was that one steal where he tried to take it the distance.
Ham has mentioned many times that they are trying to find different places on the court to give him room/space to operate.

With mismatches, star players have often broken off the designated play to established position and demand the ball

The extreme inconsistency in AD's offensive production from game to game to game to game is what is confusing. Your thoughts are "On Point" but doen't explanined the inconsistencies

With AR/LBJ good at delivering the ball, with DLo and DS periodically able to get the ball to AD - the extreme highs and lows of AD's production hopefully is the result of another reason

Teams are loading up on AD & LBJ, yet LBJ is always producing offensively (admitting that AD's first responsibility is defense and getting rebounds PLYS not getting injured)

If JJJ is getting him this much problem, imagine what Steven Adams wojld have done to AD.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: