THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2974, 2975, 2976 ... 3672, 3673, 3674  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I'm loving it that those such as Seth Meyers, the MyPillow guy, who hitched their wagon to Trump are beginning to feel the error of their ways where it hurts most, in their pockets. LINK Watch the roaches scurry since the lights are turned on.

What did Seth Meyers do?

Whooosh!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Was expecting to see the pardon list drop tonight, given earlier reporting.

I think any delay is NOT a good sign. The longer it takes, the more likely it contains some more controversial names.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Biden needs to make a list of the scariest people (to the GOP) and put one of them as acting head of any department whenever his nominee is held up. Don’t want to confirm Mayorkas in a timely manner? Say hello to acting DHS head Nina Turner.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:13 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:

I think any delay is NOT a good sign. The longer it takes, the more likely it contains some more controversial names.

My expectation is that he wants to step on the inaugural festivities. But hey, he wants to start a third party, and if he’s serious, maybe Biden should pardon him.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

LarryCoon wrote:

Yeah, he's probably waffling back and forth, sulking that Biden's getting good press, sweating about what's going to happen to him and his spawn.
BigJosh951
Star Player
Star Player

LarryCoon wrote:

A few WH reporters sent out tweets saying he keeps going back and forth on whether to pardon Bannon. So that is probably the hold up.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:16 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:

I know it seems alien that after 4 years of Trump's vile, self-serving attacks on everything that is right, but I think there is actually a possibility that Trump has been briefed on the very real possibility that such pardons could actually backfire on him.

Abstaining from pardoning people who have been doing his bidding and were hoping to be pardon in exchange for doing so and thus hanging them out to dry so that he could save his own ass from post-presidency consequences is totally on Trump's brand.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I'm loving it that those such as Seth Meyers, the MyPillow guy, who hitched their wagon to Trump are beginning to feel the error of their ways where it hurts most, in their pockets. LINK Watch the roaches scurry since the lights are turned on.

What did Seth Meyers do?

My bad Seth wrote the article. Meant Mike Lindell, the My Pillow guy.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:42 pm    Post subject:

If Trump issues secret pardons, we wouldn't know.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:43 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:

What did Seth Meyers do?

Whooosh!

You can Whoosh all you want to. You missed the sarcasm of my post and that's a fact. You won't own up because you're DMR and you don't make mistakes or miss anything. Typical Internet Warrior. OooooTay. LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:54 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:

What did Seth Meyers do?

Whooosh!

You can Whoosh all you want to. You missed the sarcasm of my post and that's a fact. You won't own up because you're DMR and you don't make mistakes or miss anything. Typical Internet Warrior. OooooTay. LINK

Oh jeez jode . . . chill. I'm making a harmless joke to Omar about your Seth Meyers typo (I'm assuming it was a typo, because if you think Seth Meyers is a Trumpie then we have bigger problems that "whoosh").

Quit being so sensitive before you have another embarrassing meltdown where you say highly inappropriate things.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:

What did Seth Meyers do?

Whooosh!

Oh jeez jode . . . chill. I'm making a harmless joke to Omar about your Seth Meyers typo (I'm assuming it was a typo, because if you think Seth Meyers is a Trumpie then we have bigger problems that "whoosh").

Quit being so sensitive before you have another embarrassing meltdown where you say highly inappropriate things.

Bull twinkie
. Yeah I did that. CC got me. Ain't no shame in my game. I eff up and blew a gasket. I apologized to those who warranted an apology, you included. You keep bringing up the whoosh I'll keep responding to it. My Brother from another mother.

LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
If Trump issues secret pardons, we wouldn't know.

Fact Check: Can President Trump Issue Secret Pardons?

Quote:
In a similar way, the issue of secret pardons is debated among experts.

On an earlier episode of The Last Word, O'Donnell asked former U.S. pardon attorney Margaret Colgate Love if a presidential pardon could be issued in secret.

"We have never had secret pardons and the whole idea of a pardon is that it is a public document," Love said. She mentioned that President Regan issued two pardons after the assassination attempt on his life that did not become public until two weeks later.

Love added that the requirements for pardons are loose and that Trump could verbally grant a pardon, but he would have to have witnesses present in order to prove the pardon was given.

However, others believe that pardons were meant to be publicly issued and would not hold up as valid if challenged in a court of law.

"I certainly can't say that they are clearly impermissible, but I can say that I think that there is at least a Constitutional cloud over them," Harvard Law Professor Laurence Tribe said.

For one thing, they would be difficult to authenticate.

"There would be no way to prove it was issued on a certain date in an official capacity," Tribe said. "If invoked at the time an indictment or prosecution is brought, that would open the possibility for a Constitutional test of whether secret pardons are permitted."

Additionally, Tribe said the nature and purpose of pardons implies a public acknowledgment of wrongdoing and forgiveness.

"They were supposed to be accompanied with either a confession of guilt or that they implied that the person who accepts the pardon is willing to publicly admit guilt," Tribe said. "And the fact that there's no indication in the discussion of the Constitution when the pardon power, which is already pretty sweeping and subject to abuse, could be hidden behind a veil of secrecy, I would argue that it's validity is up in the air."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:36 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:

What did Seth Meyers do?

Whooosh!

Bull twinkie
. Yeah I did that. CC got me. Ain't no shame in my game. I eff up and blew a gasket. I apologized to those who warranted an apology, you included. You keep bringing up the whoosh I'll keep responding to it.

My apologies old friend, I didn't realize you'd lost your sense of humor.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject:

So Trump is going to try and start a third party for he and his supporters.

I wish him much success.

Nothing would help this country more than splitting the Hard Right and the GOP while the Left maintains its majority.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:50 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:

What did Seth Meyers do?

Whooosh!

Bull twinkie
. Yeah I did that. CC got me. Ain't no shame in my game. I eff up and blew a gasket. I apologized to those who warranted an apology, you included. You keep bringing up the whoosh I'll keep responding to it.

My apologies old friend, I didn't realize you'd lost your sense of humor.

C'mon man! I haven't lost my sense of humor. Read your replies. Ask yourself how you'd respond to them.

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Trump is dumb and vindictive enough to start a third party.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Be sure to dress warmly tomorrow.

It's going to be minus-45.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
George Conway @gtconway3d

Remember he could still scribble out a self-pardon on an AF1 napkin on the way to West Palm tomorrow morning

In sharpie with misspellings.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:

And his followers in his death cult are foolish enough to take the tainted bait.

Actually, it might be time to start calling it a suicide cult.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:59 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:

On a related note:

Quote:
President Trump tells people he has decided to pardon his former chief strategist Steve Bannon as one of his final acts in office

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

LarryCoon wrote:

Hopefully our sane representatives make sure it never rises above that.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

LarryCoon wrote:

As someone on Twitter pointed out, Biden is already president in Guam. Lucky them.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:00 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:

He has enough cult members to start one and be a disruptor.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:

On a related note:

Quote:
President Trump tells people he has decided to pardon his former chief strategist Steve Bannon as one of his final acts in office

Bannon is a clever guy, probably gave Trump a pitch about starting his own party.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2974, 2975, 2976 ... 3672, 3673, 3674  Next
Page 2975 of 3674
Jump to: