Can the Lakers compete with BKN in the Finals?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Listened to the LFR pod on the Nets and I thought one of the good points they made was who is going to do the dirty work for the Nets.

Contrary to popular belief, GSW had a handful of guys doing the dirty work for Steph, Klay and KD.

Also agree that Harden will most likely be on ball, KD off ball and Kyrie on the weak side...Kyrie will definitely have to sacrifice the most.

I still think the main issue will be who is going to do the dirty work, and we will have the answer after the Nets try and get some of those guys to fill out the roster either through trade or buyout market.
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject:

This is the same thing that was said a year ago about the clippers.

They are just a team that looks good on paper for now.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:04 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Listened to the LFR pod on the Nets and I thought one of the good points they made was who is going to do the dirty work for the Nets.

Contrary to popular belief, GSW had a handful of guys doing the dirty work for Steph, Klay and KD.

Also agree that Harden will most likely be on ball, KD off ball and Kyrie on the weak side...Kyrie will definitely have to sacrifice the most.

I still think the main issue will be who is going to do the dirty work, and we will have the answer after the Nets try and get some of those guys to fill out the roster either through trade or buyout market.

Yes and on top of that, the comparisons to GSW falls flat on its face when you consider usage. Steph/Klay are roughly 30% and 25% respectively. Harden and Kyrie are 35-40 (yo James, stop dribbling the ball) and 30% respectively. This is precisely why Klay is a bit of a unicorn. Guy can average 25, pop off for 60 on 11 freaking dribbles. Could y'all imagine how Klay would look on our team? They'd demolish the 73 win record. Harden would need 11 foul calls and 22 subsequent fta's to hit 60,.

I know you guys already know how much I loathe Harden. I actually think his days of having a free throw parade while fishing for fouls is going to come to an end. F that guy.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
On a side note, did you guys catch Giannis' reaction to the Harden trade? He clearly was shook, big time lol

Really? If I were Giannis I'd be salivating. Like, there's nobody there to stop him from waltzing all the way into the rim and getting whatever he wants.

Same with Simmons and Embiid.

THAT'S the big question. Who on the Nets stops Embiid?

I even sensed a bit of trembling in his voice lol. He loves being the lone star on his team (same for the all star game when he picked smaller names on his team), but even he must know this is too much fire power for him to overcome. Especially in the PLAYOFFS
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Harden can play off ball. In Houston D Antoni played him at PG until Westbrook and CP3 were there.

He played off ball in college, and at OKC. Not too difficult to remember

theses are high level talents. If he trullly wants to win a championship, he will sacrifice. KD sacrificed when he went to GS.

you dont demand a trade just to play like trash because you want the ball more.

The biggest question mark is Kyrie. He doesn't seem to care about sacrificing (hes rather selfish) and winning championship as much as being THE GUY.

James Harden gets a lot of flak but he's good man. His defense improved a lot last season and he sacrificed and allowed westbrook to chuck a bunch of jump shots. Hes gets a bad rap for being in western conference and not being able to beat the durant led warriors. BUt his teams usually performs well. They just were poorly coached (D Antoni) and poor roster construction (small ball)
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:29 pm    Post subject:

I think the thread should be worded the other way around, can the Nets compete with the Lakers...

Anyways, we are a matchup problem for any and every team in the league, mainly because of our two Superstars and depth. Here's the tale of the tape for me.

Schroder - Kyrie = Kyrie
KCP - Harden = Harden
Harris - LBJ = LBJ
AD - KD = Draw
Gasol - Jordan = Gasol/Slight edge due to championship pedigree and Bball IQ.

After this we bring into comparison the Bench of both teams and Nets just traded all of their depth.

I actually believe AD at this stage in his career will dominate this series, because KD isn't the player he was prior to the injury. We have too many guards to throw at Kyrie and Harden, and there is NO ONE, not ONE player on their team who can stop LBJ. If we moved AD to the 5 and LBJ to the 4, we definitely have the advantage.

Here's the scary part going forward, I don't believe the Lakers are done. I think we're going to add one more significant piece this year to put us over the TOP on all fronts. I don't know who that will be, but I can almost feel that is going to happen.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
Harden can play off ball. In Houston D Antoni played him at PG until Westbrook and CP3 were there.

He played off ball in college, and at OKC. Not too difficult to remember

theses are high level talents. If he trullly wants to win a championship, he will sacrifice. KD sacrificed when he went to GS.

you dont demand a trade just to play like trash because you want the ball more.

The biggest question mark is Kyrie. He doesn't seem to care about sacrificing (hes rather selfish) and winning championship as much as being THE GUY.

James Harden gets a lot of flak but he's good man. His defense improved a lot last season and he sacrificed and allowed westbrook to chuck a bunch of jump shots. Hes gets a bad rap for being in western conference and not being able to beat the durant led warriors. BUt his teams usually performs well. They just were poorly coached (D Antoni) and poor roster construction (small ball)

His OKC days were a LONG time ago. That Harden isn't the same as this one.

Lakers in 5.

Last edited by jonnybravo on Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject:

It be really interesting who takes a stepback... History proves that someone always have a huge drop off in production when you have 3 stars. Chris Bosh, Kevin Love, and Ray Allen. Only exception is Klay who kind of stayed consistent. But I believe that's more due to the system and Klay is not a iso ball dominant type of scorer.

Interesting how Harden adjust with limited touches now. He always been a high volume guy to be really productive. Also inefficient player. KD and Kyrie will be okay I think as they are very decent catch and shoot guys. But no way all 3 guys average 25ppg.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:11 pm    Post subject:

screw it lets go get bradley beal, three team deal

Wiz get: Holmes, Buddy Hield, THT, Sac 2nd, lakers 1st
Sac: Kuz, KCP, 2nd round pick Lakers
Lakers: Beal
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
screw it lets go get bradley beal, three team deal

Wiz get: Holmes, Buddy Hield, THT, Sac 2nd, lakers 1st
Sac: Kuz, KCP, 2nd round pick Lakers
Lakers: Beal

Lakers can't make any trades this year, especially Kuz because of the luxury tax. Wizards can get a better deal anywhere else really anyway.

Even then, there's no need to make panic moves because of a team in the east that looks good on paper (and if you look deeper a team that has plenty of holes) lol

That nets team has a lot to figure out from now and to march or whenever the post-season is. Not even factoring in injuries or mentally what one of their guys is dealing with.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:54 pm    Post subject:

In a weird way, Kyrie's mental issues and the associated absence could end up preserving his physical health for the playoffs.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:06 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
In a weird way, Kyrie's mental issues and the associated absence could end up preserving his physical health for the playoffs.

His physical health in the playoffs has rarely been an issue. He's 28 not 38
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:18 pm    Post subject:

^ He's missed 26 of 87 playoff games and was completely out of the playoffs as recently as 2018. Coincidentally (or not), the Celtics were 1 win from the Finals without him.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject:

I will call my shot right now and say Brooklyn isn't even in the Finals.

Harden is bloated and out of shape and only used to playing with the ball in his hands all the time. Kyrie is also ball dominant and AWOL from the team and likely combatting some mental health issues. Durant is and will always be an amazing player, but he is soft.

Put it all together and honestly I would be more worried about the Bucks, Sixers, Celtics or Heat personally.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:41 pm    Post subject:

No1 is really beating AD and Lebron...There is no physical force capable of doing that. Except Shaq + Kobe.

Add in Dennis, Harrel, Kuz, etc....imagine KD, Kyrie and Harden after 6 playoff games vs these guys....they would be broken down.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Lakers in 6
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:48 pm    Post subject:

I don't see how they defend at an elite level, but Harden will surprise y'all when he willingly takes a step back. Y'all forget he was fine not being the guy in OKC, didn't want to leave that role, and just made the best of it in Houston when we asked him to take on more responsibility. He's the best "PG" on their roster and the other two guys can make it rain off ball all day. And so can he, although his movement off ball is lacking. But you can't leave him open so he will still demand attention and impact spacing. It was different in Houston where he never had two other elite scorers on the court with him (easier to trap him for someone else to get the ball and make a play).

Last edited by Dreamshake on Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Interesting how Harden adjust with limited touches now. He always been a high volume guy to be really productive. Also inefficient player.

Harden has always been an uber efficient player. That's why Houston traded for him in the first place.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:01 pm    Post subject:

D'antoni/Nash have their dream team now. KD has his picks beside him also. If westbrook was the issue, both KD and Harden will rekindle what they had.

expect a lot of hate for our Pg/Sg's when they can't keep up.

We gotta stay playing through AD and defence/rebounds.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Not worried about the nets at all. Will they even get out of the east? They have a fun team on paper, but when they lose 2 or 3 games in a row they're going to implode.

Who is the Chris Bosh of this team? Harden? He going to contribute with his grit and will to win? He going to be the floor general? Is he going to do the work getting open off the ball?

I just don't think the personnel meshes well.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:13 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I will call my shot right now and say Brooklyn isn't even in the Finals.

Harden is bloated and out of shape and only used to playing with the ball in his hands all the time. Kyrie is also ball dominant and AWOL from the team and likely combatting some mental health issues. Durant is and will always be an amazing player, but he is soft.

Put it all together and honestly I would be more worried about the Bucks, Sixers, Celtics or Heat personally.

I will be more worried if the Nets will trade Kyrie to 3 solid players who can also defend that will boost their roster. But with this Big 3, there's no need to worry, they might be #1 in offense but they have 0 defense and Lakers are #1 in defense. They trade the 2 players who played defense (Allen and Prince) for offense. I said this is a downgrade from theor previous lineup. Levert can give 3/4 of what harden can give in offense but Haden cant give what Allen and Prince can give to their defense.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Not worried about the nets at all. Will they even get out of the east? They have a fun team on paper, but when they lose 2 or 3 games in a row they're going to implode.

Who is the Chris Bosh of this team? Harden? He going to contribute with his grit and will to win? He going to be the floor general? Is he going to do the work getting open off the ball?

I dont even think they can beat the Sixers or the Bucks.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
I don't see how they defend at an elite level, but Harden will surprise y'all when he willingly takes a step back. Y'all forget he was fine not being the guy in OKC, didn't want to leave that role, and just made the best of it in Houston when we asked him to take on more responsibility. He's the best "PG" on their roster and the other two guys can make it rain off ball all day. And so can he, although his movement off ball is lacking. But you can't leave him open so he will still demand attention and impact spacing. It was different in Houston where he never had two other elite scorers on the court with him (easier to trap him for someone else to get the ball and make a play).

Even if he step back, it doesnt change the fact that they have 0 defense. Even if they will be the best offensive team in the league, good defensive teams will still limit them, and at the same time they will have a hard time stopping other team's offense.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:26 pm    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:
D'antoni/Nash have their dream team now. KD has his picks beside him also. If westbrook was the issue, both KD and Harden will rekindle what they had.

expect a lot of hate for our Pg/Sg's when they can't keep up.

We gotta stay playing through AD and defence/rebounds.

Can they keep up with Bron and AD, add to that Harrell and Schroder plus KCP and AC lights out shooting. Lakers can match their offense but I dont think Nets can match up Lakers defense.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:26 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Theseus wrote:

I dont even think they can beat the Sixers or the Bucks.

Unless they get some major help at center Embiid and Giannis are going to consistently wreck there interior with ease. I could even see the Celtics beating them as much as I hate to give them credit. The Heat if they start turning it up and looking more like last season's bubble team towards the end could be a tough outing for them as well. The big 3 are going to have to play ridiculous minutes nightly in the Playoffs too and that can take it's toll even if they do end up putting it all together and proving so many people wrong.

Nice to see the East stronger then the West. Outside of the Clippers there's no team this Lakers team shouldn't dominate imo.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 10 of 73
Jump to: