Doc Rivers fired (BREAKING NEWS: Rivers signs five year deal with 76ers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 30808
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I would try to trade Simmons, if he can’t shoot he limits what the team can do.


Elite defender and playmaker, though. Not sure they will get a fair return.
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 18300
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:33 am    Post subject:

I really don't know what the 76ers can do. They're paying Tobias Harris superstar money (disclaimer: he's not a superstar) and paying Al Horford $26M until he's 37 years old.
_________________
#17 FOR KOBE: JOB'S FINISHED.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 10958
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I would try to trade Simmons, if he can’t shoot he limits what the team can do.


Elite defender and playmaker, though. Not sure they will get a fair return.


How about Lilliard or Bradley Beal?

Salaries line up as well...
_________________
“Always remember... Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 15950

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:31 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I would try to trade Simmons, if he can’t shoot he limits what the team can do.


Elite defender and playmaker, though. Not sure they will get a fair return.


How about Lilliard or Bradley Beal?

Salaries line up as well...


hmm, go for Broke for Dame? mortgage the future (price gonna be high)?
Dame-Tobias-Horford-Embiid might be good enough in the east

Portland in the west might as well rebuild with tons of picks ala OKC but Dame has to sign off
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 30808
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I would try to trade Simmons, if he can’t shoot he limits what the team can do.


Elite defender and playmaker, though. Not sure they will get a fair return.


How about Lilliard or Bradley Beal?

Salaries line up as well...


Does Portland make that trade?

Washington is definitely in rebuild mode with post-Achilles John Wall, so that’s intriguing...
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Apr 2001
Posts: 6924

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:29 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
I would try to trade Simmons, if he can’t shoot he limits what the team can do.


Elite defender and playmaker, though. Not sure they will get a fair return.


Elite defenders can also make a shot. Except for Tony Allen, defensive specialists in the past all can make an open shot: Bobby Jones, Coop, Artest, Bowen, Ariza.
_________________
“Properly read, the bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.”
― Isaac Asimov
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 53750

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:59 am    Post subject:

How Rivers keeps getting the best jobs, with 2 all-stars, is beyond me. He has been failing since he had CP3, DAJ, Blake in their all-star PRIMES. I mean, that team never went beyond the 2nd round.

Then, he got prime Kawhi and PG13, and a deep Clipper team that was the most talented team in the NBA. Again, 2nd round.

He is still living off the brilliance of the 2007-08 season, where he had prime KG/Pierce/Allen/Rondo on offense, and coach Thibs organized one of the best defensive schemes ever seen at that time. If not for coach Thibs, that Boston team would not have that D they had. It was their weapon.

Sixers made a mistake. They needed to look for the next Nick Nurse, not the guy that has shown he can not lead 2 all-star teams past the 2nd round. I mean if he weren't Doc, if he were anyone else, he wouldn't have gotten this job based on his work the last 7 years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 5404
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:23 pm    Post subject:

The Sixers best shot was with the team they had last year. They had a great star and closer in Butler, and he's a true leader who could've been the mentor Simmons and Embiid need. They messed up by not keeping Butler and instead giving that money to Tobias Harris and Al Horford.

They need a coach with the championship pedigree where Simmons and Embiid will listen to him willingly. Not sure if that's Doc.

I still see lots of potential in their duo, but I don't know how much desire either of them have to overcome their flaws. If Simmons became a decent perimeter shooter, he could become a bonafide superstar and open things up for Embiid.
_________________
"We just sat in the locker room and I told the fellas, 'We need to check ourselves, 'cause we're the world champions and we're not out here fighting.'"

- Kobe Bryant on 2/12/2002 after defeating Michael Jordan's Wizards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 11390

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Doc Rivers only has 1 ring, but that’s more than Jerry Sloan, Mike D’Antoni, Don Nelson and George Karl ever won. Larry Brown only has 1 ring. Rivers nearly won another ring in 2010.

Rivers is also a good talker so he can sell himself.

And he has a lot of head coaching experience in the NBA.

These things will lead to him getting good job offers, even if he isn’t that good of a coach.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 27153

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:13 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
The Sixers best shot was with the team they had last year. They had a great star and closer in Butler, and he's a true leader who could've been the mentor Simmons and Embiid need. They messed up by not keeping Butler and instead giving that money to Tobias Harris and Al Horford.

They need a coach with the championship pedigree where Simmons and Embiid will listen to him willingly. Not sure if that's Doc.

I still see lots of potential in their duo, but I don't know how much desire either of them have to overcome their flaws. If Simmons became a decent perimeter shooter, he could become a bonafide superstar and open things up for Embiid.


Tobias Harris over Butler. W t f.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 5404
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:25 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
slavavov wrote:
The Sixers best shot was with the team they had last year. They had a great star and closer in Butler, and he's a true leader who could've been the mentor Simmons and Embiid need. They messed up by not keeping Butler and instead giving that money to Tobias Harris and Al Horford.

They need a coach with the championship pedigree where Simmons and Embiid will listen to him willingly. Not sure if that's Doc.

I still see lots of potential in their duo, but I don't know how much desire either of them have to overcome their flaws. If Simmons became a decent perimeter shooter, he could become a bonafide superstar and open things up for Embiid.


Tobias Harris over Butler. W t f.

That team with Butler, Simmons and Embiid had a HIGH ceiling. They ran us out of the gym in January of 2019 and looked downright scary.

Better for us though, I wouldn't have looked forward to playing that team in the Finals.
_________________
"We just sat in the locker room and I told the fellas, 'We need to check ourselves, 'cause we're the world champions and we're not out here fighting.'"

- Kobe Bryant on 2/12/2002 after defeating Michael Jordan's Wizards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB