THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2184, 2185, 2186 ... 3672, 3673, 3674  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:29 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Trump should be in handcuffs after that sneaky move of firing the watchdog

That fake oversight was always just a headline the Dems negotiated to impress the rubes. Anyone with half a brain expected him to do that.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
That's the presidential Joe Biden that the media needs to cover equally with the daily (bleep) show from the White House. I hope the media doesn't do Hillary 2.0.

He's been Casper for the last month & I don't see this changing.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
That's the presidential Joe Biden that the media needs to cover equally with the daily (bleep) show from the White House. I hope the media doesn't do Hillary 2.0.

He's been Casper for the last month & I don't see this changing.

That's why I posted that he's having LIVE TOWN HALL TODAY at JoeBiden.com/live
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

That fake oversight was always just a headline the Dems negotiated to impress the rubes. Anyone with half a brain expected him to do that.

This crap. 100% made up by you. There was oversight written in the bills. But then Trump fired the Inspector General after it passed. Trump's breaking laws right and left. That is not Democrats's fault. Stop the stupid (bleep) UNLESS YOU ARE TRYING TO GET TRUMP RE-ELECTED.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:38 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

This crap. 100% made up by you. There was oversight written in and them Trump fired the Inspector General. Trump's breaking laws right and left. That is not Democrats's fault. Stop the stupid (bleep).

So your excuse is they were just incompetent then? That's actually even worse. I was at least giving them some craven credit.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:38 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Biden leads Trump by 8 points in national Quinnipiac poll

Quote:
Former Vice President Joe Biden is leading President Trump by 8 points among voters nationwide, according to a new Quinnipiac University poll released on Wednesday.

The survey shows Biden with the support of 49 percent of voters, while Trump trails at 41 percent. The former vice president also leads Trump with key voting blocs, including independents, women and black voters, according to the poll.

I wouldnt be surprised to find out Trump intentionally tried to sabotage our COVID-19 response in hopes that it would continue into the November 2020 election. I think the only way Trump wins is if the electorate doesn't come out or there is increased voter suppression - both are possibilities.

And, by the way, I said earlier in this thread that I wouldn't move elections. Let me give one caveat to that - I wouldn't move elections unless doing so would have no effect on the date by which any newly elected representative would normally be sworn in. I don't believe in giving any representative any additional time in the government than the voters initially voted them in for. Otherwise, that's one step closer to a dictatorship. In this light, what the Supreme Court did was unconscionable.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:41 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

This crap. 100% made up by you. There was oversight written in and them Trump fired the Inspector General. Trump's breaking laws right and left. That is not Democrats's fault. Stop the stupid (bleep).

So your excuse is they were just incompetent then? That's actually even worse. I was at least giving them some craven credit.

Stop the bs whining lies or go post somewhere else. We wasted multiple pages of this thread explaining it all to you at the time.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Biden leads Trump by 8 points in national Quinnipiac poll

Quote:
Former Vice President Joe Biden is leading President Trump by 8 points among voters nationwide, according to a new Quinnipiac University poll released on Wednesday.

The survey shows Biden with the support of 49 percent of voters, while Trump trails at 41 percent. The former vice president also leads Trump with key voting blocs, including independents, women and black voters, according to the poll.

I wouldnt be surprised to find out Trump intentionally tried to sabotage our COVID-19 response in hopes that it would continue into the November 2020 election. I think the only way Trump wins is if the electorate doesn't come out or there is increased voter suppression - both are possibilities.

And, by the way, I said earlier in this thread that I wouldn't move elections. Let me give one caveat to that - I wouldn't move elections unless doing so would have no effect on the date by which any newly elected representative would normally be sworn in. I don't believe in giving any representative any additional time in the government than the voters initially voted them in for. Otherwise, that's one step closer to a dictatorship. In this light, what the Supreme Court did was unconscionable.

Whether it was intentional or not, he will definitely try to take advantage of the chaos. And with the GOP given a green light by SCOTUS to cheat while they look the other way, it's going to be a real (bleep) show.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:46 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Religulous yucks. "Fake news" evoked by pastor. Wonder where he got that term from. May the Covid pestilence strike these rubes down! Just spare the kids and anyone they meet outside of church. Please O Lord, hear my prayers.

Their message from Jesus is "F thy neighbor", I guess.

Yeah, that pastor seems none too bright. About 500 years ago, Martin Luther, who started the protestant movement, taught that the commandment, honor your father and mother, also meant to honor all those who are in authority over you. Many Christians believe that, including me, but those "Religulous yucks" (Religious Right) rebel against God and the authorities mandates in order to worship their fake orange god. IMO.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Stop the bs whining lies or go post somewhere else. We wasted multiple pages of this thread explaining it all to you at the time.

In which you were now proven wrong. No regular person has received jack (bleep) from that bill and won't for some time, so the timing and immediacy argument of it has basically crumbled.

Meanwhile, Pelosi is hoping for a Phase 4 while McConnell probably couldn't care less as the corporate slush fund was secured. This shouldn't be hard to figure out who won.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject:

So glad that the Dem race is settled. Hopefully in a week or two we will have Biden's selections for VP and the various cabinet positions.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

In which you were now proven wrong. No regular person has received jack (bleep) from that bill and won't for some time, so the timing and immediacy argument of it has basically crumbled.

Meanwhile, Pelosi is hoping for a Phase 4 while McConnell probably couldn't care less as the corporate slush fund was secured. This shouldn't be hard to figure out who won.

I thought you weren't going to post here after Bernie left the race. If you keep up the same one-note posting, that's considered trolling. I'm not moderating this thread but is being moderated.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Shhh. It's okay. It's okay. I'm sure Bernie will run again in 2024 regardless of the outcome in November.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Shhh. It's okay. It's okay. I'm sure Bernie will run again in 2024 regardless of the outcome in November.

IMHO Sanders will be eclipsed by someone else in 2024 in the Democratic party (look out for Gavin)
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:04 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

Why is it that seemingly complain about everything everyone does in congress, with a Republican president, and a Senate controlled by Republicans, and seemingly praise everything that doesn't stand a chance to even get out of a committee?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
ABC News: Intelligence report warned of coronavirus crisis as early as November

As far back as late November, U.S. intelligence officials were warning that a contagion was sweeping through China’s Wuhan region, changing the patterns of life and business and posing a threat to the population, according to four sources briefed on the secret reporting.

I wonder how many times Trump has opened one of those up. Noting that Dubya didn't read his even when they warned of potential UBL attack in the US, I don't have a good feeling. Fitting that Don wouldn't even be the first Republican who didn't think he needed to read the DPB. Reagan probably didn't read them avidly either if you judge all of his behaviors and decisions during the Cold War. He wasn't swayed by his own daughter about working with the reds to reduce nukes. She said that she talked to him about it in the Oval Office and he actually gave her a Reader's Digest article on the subject that he was pretending was part of his intelligence material. She couldn't convince him otherwise that it was just a Reader's Digest article as he ate jellybeans. Of course, her mom at the time was consulting with a psychic in creating his public appearance schedule. Donald T. Regan spilled that info after he was fired, WH denied. Republican Bimbos...per Bill Maher. Before that, Nixon had his people screwing around with private citizens and reporters and part of his daily briefings to staff were about who to ban from the WH etc, much like Donald.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:11 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

I thought you weren't going to post here after Bernie left the race. If you keep up the same one-note posting, that's considered trolling. I'm not moderating this thread but is being moderated.

Can't debate on the merits so you want someone else to ban me. You should be proud.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Religulous yucks. "Fake news" evoked by pastor. Wonder where he got that term from. May the Covid pestilence strike these rubes down! Just spare the kids and anyone they meet outside of church. Please O Lord, hear my prayers.

Their message from Jesus is "F thy neighbor", I guess.

Yeah, that pastor seems none too bright. About 500 years ago, Martin Luther, who started the protestant movement, taught that the commandment, honor your father and mother, also meant to honor all those who are in authority over you. Many Christians believe that, including me, but those "Religulous yucks" (Religious Right) rebel against God and the authorities mandates in order to worship their fake orange god. IMO.

The tithing is important, don't forget. I know times are hard, but the FIRST place to send your money is to the church! I saw a pastor give that message in a video somewhere.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:14 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

Can't debate on the merits so you want someone else to ban me. You should be proud.

You're a crank. No reason to continue trying to get through to you.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

You lost, Salty.
Beat it.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Intercept columnist and Sanders supporter:

Quote:
Mehdi Hasan @mehdirhasan

The Supreme Court point is key. However much you loathe Biden, allowing Trump a second term to pack the Supreme Court, 7-2 to the far right, means progressive politics is basically crippled for the next 40 to 50 years
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:

You've been here for 9 years with 35,000 posts and think you are being picked on? No one wants to ban you and no one is proud that your responses have devolved to disingenuous blather. Take a break to ponder whether this is the site for you.
Or not.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

You've been here for 9 years with 35,000 posts and think you are being picked on? No one wants to ban you and no one is proud that your responses have devolved to disingenuous blather. Take a break to ponder whether this is the site for you.
Or not.

At least 30K of those posts had to have been edgewise replies. By far the most prolific "last word in" poster on LG right now, no matter the subject.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:23 pm    Post subject:

That woman who ruined Monica Lewinsky's life, at least for some extended period, has died. She'll be missed by her friends and family, and Republicans for her dirty deeds.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
greenfrog wrote:

You lost, Salty.
Beat it.

Who are you guys talking to?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2184, 2185, 2186 ... 3672, 3673, 3674  Next
Page 2185 of 3674
Jump to: