How to move music from iPod to computer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melon Tea
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: How to move music from iPod to computer

LINK

Just thought I'd be the super nice loving person that I am and show you guys the link. Your welcome.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject:

How about not buying iPod so you don't have to worry about this?
Melon Tea
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
O_o wat would you buy then?
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Melon Tea wrote:
shnjb wrote:
O_o wat would you buy then?

iriver, archos, cowon, sandisk, creative, and so on.

I don't think people outside of the US find iPod and its crappy DRM-happy, feature lacking, scratch magnet device so attractive.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:

Its called having a prefernce, if u dont like it , then dont buy it. I for one enjoy my ipod, best mp3 player on the market in my opinion. User functionality probably the reason its heads above the rest, the features isnt something im really into, does its job well. I only have the 4th generation none color one, when this dies out planning too by the yet too be announced touchscreen ipod 6th generation when its released.

* THeir is away too transfer the songs from the ipod too the computer. Search on google, for winmp ipod plug in. Install it and their is an option too "copy too hardrive" , lets u even determine how u want the folders or organized.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
shnjb wrote:

Its called having a prefernce, if u dont like it , then dont buy it. I for one enjoy my ipod, best mp3 player on the market in my opinion. User functionality probably the reason its heads above the rest, the features isnt something im really into, does its job well. I only have the 4th generation none color one, when this dies out planning too by the yet too be announced touchscreen ipod 6th generation when its released.

* THeir is away too transfer the songs from the ipod too the computer. Search on google, for winmp ipod plug in. Install it and their is an option too "copy too hardrive" , lets u even determine how u want the folders or organized.

Not interested in the iPhone, eh?

I know what it is called.
The point is that there are better alternatives, especially for those not interested in DRM (bleep), such as not being able to copy to another HD or mp3 player whenever you want to without resorting to special softwares. (drag and drop seems easier to me, but maybe it's just me)
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject:

There was a topic on this sometime around xmas that talked about and linked to a few different tools for transfering data from your ipod to the computer. Search seems buggy right now, but dig around and you'll find it.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject:

I don't understand the DRM complaint. The only DRM'd stuff on an iPod is the same stuff that will be that way on any other player. If you are buying music digitally from a legit source, it's going to have DRM attached. If you are ripping MP3s from your CD collection, there won't be any DRM attached just like there wouldn't be any on another music player.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject:

SANDISK!!!
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject:

[ochostyle]Use a Zune[/ochostyle]
halosage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject:

I use Ipod2pc(freeware program) works great.

But great stuff nonetheless Melon.

I have been an Ipod user for about 2 years....before that I had a creative zen. Loved it.

.......but in my opinion....Ipod is more superior.

My co-worker bought the Zune.....its good player.

But for now since its new....not many choices on hardware or peripherals at the moment versus the Ipod.

Ipod has the market......hopefully the Zune will catch on. Its got many good features.

My 0.2 cents
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:

Zune turneed out better than i thought, i dont like the user interface though, by that i means the buttons on it. Ipod is ridding itself of the scroll wheel , hopefully they dont ruin it.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
The Zune seemed pretty cool, until user found out you can transfer all song via WiFi like advertised. Microsoft gets the 'gas face', because they should of been up front with the product in regards to what it can and cannot do...

Quote:
Microsoft Corp.'s Zune music and video player, intended as a rival to Apple Inc.'s market-dominating iPod, can't share some songs, potentially eroding a key advantage over iPod.

Microsoft blamed the difficulty on the fact that ``wireless sharing is a new experience and its implementation is in a version 1.0 stage,'' according to an e-mailed statement today.

The statement denied reports that record companies such as Universal Music Group were preventing sharing of some artists.

Microsoft, the world's biggest software maker, in November introduced the Zune, touting its ability to wirelessly share songs and playlists for three plays or three days, a feature the iPod doesn't have. The Redmond, Washington-based company sold hundreds of thousands of Zune players since its release, while Apple sold 21.1 million iPods in the fourth quarter.

``The whole sharing feature was limited to begin with and the fact that some songs can't be shared even in this limited fashion makes this feature even less compelling,'' said Michael Gartenberg, an analyst at JupiterResearch in New York. ``At a time when they need to find meaningful ways to differentiate themselves from the competition, this isn't going to help.''

The company had said prior to Zune's introduction that some
songs wouldn't be able to be shared, Gartenberg said. ``They
never said what percentage of the total songs would be blocked
and it seems a fairly significant percentage of songs people
want to share are being blocked,'' he said.

Quote:
Zune Blog Zunerama found that 21 of the 50 most popular downloads in the Zune store couldn't be shared, according to a posting on Jan. 19. Songs that couldn't be shared included Beyonce's ``Irreplaceable,'' and Snow Patrol's ``Chasing Cars,'' according to Zunerama.

Microsoft said it is working to expand the number of songs that can be shared and that all songs copied from a customer's CD collection can be transferred.

As far as ripping song off the iPod, I use PodUtil (a Mac program).... never had a issue with it...

DRM issue is not an Apple or MS issue,... it's an industry issue.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
iam
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject:

SharePod for PCs
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: