The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1345, 1346, 1347 ... 2091, 2092, 2093  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:58 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
32 wrote:
He now needs 81 points to pass Kobe on the all-time scoring list. It looks like it will be on this road trip.

Kobe woulda pass Kobe in one game

LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:15 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
32 wrote:
He now needs 81 points to pass Kobe on the all-time scoring list. It looks like it will be on this road trip.

Kobe woulda pass Kobe in one game

LOFL
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:38 am    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
governator wrote:
FT: Harden 18 - LeBron 5

His entire game revolves around getting to the line, especially if his shot isn’t falling. I find his game to be tedious to watch. Talented to be sure…but tedious to watch.

Dude can really play, but his ref-baiting is an embarrassment.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:31 am    Post subject:

Lebron was Masterful last night. What we witnessed against the Rockets was nothing shirt of amazing.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject:

He's been amazing every game this season. Actually, he's been amazing his whole career. Eight consecutive NBA final appearances wasn't a fluke. Plus the 180 turnaround from his old and new teams, except for last year cuz the Lakers didn't have a real HC, more like an assistant coach. So yea, he's proven again and again that he is indeed the GOAT.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:34 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
He's been amazing every game this season. Actually, he's been amazing his whole career. Eight consecutive NBA final appearances wasn't a fluke. Plus the 180 turnaround from his old and new teams, except for last year cuz the Lakers didn't have a real HC, more like an assistant coach. So yea, he's proven again and again that he is indeed the GOAT.

Kareem says hold my crown.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:34 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

Maybe to you. I don’t think proof means what you think it means
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:35 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:11 am    Post subject:

People have been posting about a defensive slide and watching him yesterday, the defensive effort from the beginning of the season isn’t there. I can live with that, the guy is 35.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:14 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
People have been posting about a defensive slide and watching him yesterday, the defensive effort from the beginning of the season isn’t there. I can live with that, the guy is 35.

As long as it's there in the playoffs. Our defense is already elite.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject:

Deleted

Last edited by KingKobe20 on Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:31 am; edited 2 times in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject:

We are top 3, so that is great. Unfortunately the other 2 in the top 3 are 3-0 against us.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

This feels like old man screaming at the clouds while at the park.

Imagine if Lebron had John Wooden, Oscar Robertson, Magic Johnson and James Worthy during his career?

Hell, imagine if Lebron played in the 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s??

How are they going to guard his crossover? How are they going to guard his speed and insane vertical? An before you say it was more physical back then Lebron is built like a Mack truck. You can’t Kevin McHale close line him so easily.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
We are top 3, so that is great. Unfortunately the other 2 in the top 3 are 3-0 against us.

First match against the Clippers doesn't count, they didn't have PG but we didn't have the team as it is right now, KCP didn't score, Kuzma didn't play and Caruso was out of the rotation. It was the first official match for most of the team together.

Against the Bucks it was the last match of a road trip with injuries while they were well rested. We also had been playing bad the previous games.

Christmas' match was hurtful though but it was more our fault by missing open shots than Clippers' merit.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Imagine if Lebron had John Wooden, Oscar Robertson, Magic Johnson and James Worthy during his career?

How are they going to guard his crossover? How are they going to guard his speed and insane vertical? An before you say it was more physical back then Lebron is built like a Mack truck. You can’t Kevin McHale close line him so easily.

Imagine if Kareem came to the NBA out of high school rather than was required to play four years of college. The all-time scoring record might be 10,000 points further away.

You can woulda-coulda-shoulda to give or take away accomplishments from anyone on paper.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Ok anti-Laker fan, gloat now. we’ll see if us or you guys get the ring this year, I have faith in this crew
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Mentally LeBron not even in the same universe as many of those all time greats. Not buying his heart ...dude runs from the moment far too often for me to call him GOAT like many here so easily do.
All time great? Yes
Better than many other all time greats? Very debatable.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Imagine if Kareem came to the NBA out of high school rather than was required to play four years of college. The all-time scoring record might be 10,000 points further away.

You can woulda-coulda-shoulda to give or take away accomplishments from anyone on paper.

Never thought about that. Great point
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

There is no need to imagine, we have seen both careers.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Ok anti-Laker fan, gloat now. we’ll see if us or you guys get the ring this year, I have faith in this crew

I don’t think that any LA team gets a ring.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Who’s your favorite to take it all?
If not us, I gotta go with the Bucks
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

Yeah, I've thought about that before. Probably would've been a dominant pro even at 18.
Metro2Staples
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject:

LAbron quietly passed Iverson in all time steals during the past couple of weeks, moving to #14 all time steals: https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/stl_career.html

Needs only 174 steals to enter Top 10
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Who’s your favorite to take it all?
If not us, I gotta go with the Bucks

They are probably the favorite in a competitive mode. But “favorite” as in who I want to see win if it isn’t an LA or NO team would be Philly. I got some good odds on them.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Mentally LeBron not even in the same universe as many of those all time greats. Not buying his heart ...dude runs from the moment far too often for me to call him GOAT like many here so easily do.
All time great? Yes
Better than many other all time greats? Very debatable.

This is the reply I’m looking for.

I’ll admit lakersfever quote of calling him the GOAT is a bit too much but still shines the light on how overlooked Lebron’s greatness is being handled by some Lakers fans.

Some say it’s mental lapses, some say he doesn’t really give a damn about the meaningless regular season as much as the playoffs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1345, 1346, 1347 ... 2091, 2092, 2093  Next
Page 1346 of 2093
Jump to: