HELP! - "2 pieces of toast" decoding

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: HELP! - "2 pieces of toast" decoding

I need some help cracking a code. My gf, who is a high-school teacher, confiscated a note from a student with the following message on it:

Quote:
I need 12 dollars. That's enough to put on 2 pieces of toast, right?

Based on the students in question, it seems likely this is a drug-related venture. But we have no clue what this refers to. Anyone know what this implies?

In order to do something about it, she needs to know what this message means.

Any help would be appreciated.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Michlake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject:

seems to be a drug reference. Dont know what else the kid would need to make a code about. Sex and drugs are the only things I can think kids would need to make a code about, and I doubt this code relates to sex.

Here would be my best guess at cracking the code: In high school I used to know some friends that used cocaine. I can remember many times at parties that would ask such questions as "is that enough blow to make a line", "how many lines can we make with that".

So I am guessing that the kids are talking about some drug(maybe cocaine or ice) that can spread on some surface. The toast make be a reference to the surface they place the drugs on.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject:

^^ interesting. I hadn't thought of that. When I think high school kids, my mind immediately jumps to pot, not cocaine. But the spreading part makes sense.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject:

Quote:
toast

n. - a gun
v. 1. - the act of drying a marijuana cigar (aka blunt or L) by gliding a lit lighter across it while rotating it
v. 2. - to smoke marijuana
n. yo jamaal put the toast to this (bleep)'s back and run his jewels!
v. 1. you slobbered all over this L while rolling it, toast that (bleep) before you try to spark it up.
v. 2. im (bleep) cooked man, im bout to just toast this spliff and hit the sack no homo.

Just my $0.02... but keep me updated.. I have a 9 and 10 year old.. I need to know this stuff....
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
Quote:
toast

n. - a gun
v. 1. - the act of drying a marijuana cigar (aka blunt or L) by gliding a lit lighter across it while rotating it
v. 1. you slobbered all over this L while rolling it, toast that (bleep) before you try to spark it up.
v. 2. im (bleep) cooked man, im bout to just toast this spliff and hit the sack no homo.

Just my $0.02... but keep me updated.. I have a 9 and 10 year old.. I need to know this stuff....

I found that too, what is it, urbandictionary.com? I assumed two pieces of toast were two joints, but the way he worded it threw me off. I had never heard it referred to that way before. But I am sure there are a hundred different ways to refer to it that I don't know about.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
TACH wrote:
Quote:
toast

n. - a gun

I found that too, what is it, urbandictionary.com? I assumed two pieces of toast were two joints, but the way he worded it threw me off. I had never heard it referred to that way before. But I am sure there are a hundred different ways to refer to it that I don't know about.
I've heard 'toast' as a gun reference... and being 'toasted' i.e. wasted/drunk... but not like it is defined above, as being 'blunt' paper... but in that context ($12), it sounds right or alteast plausible.

What the hell were they passing notes for anyway... I thought it was all about texting, chatting, IM'ing now a days....
Nudizl_Forshizl
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Its 2 ecstasy tabs.

I would have said 2 quarter gram j's, but those are some tiny ass j's

in any case, it doesn't matter, they're talking dope
Canadian Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Damn, am I old! I thought the kid was talking about wanting to buy a sandwich combo.
24KaratGold
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject:

^^
Melon Tea
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject:

maybe he just wanted 2 pieces of toast. for 12 dollars.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject:

Melon Tea wrote:

No, he already has the two pieces of toast. He wants two pieces of cheese to make a grilled cheese sandwich!

I found out more that one of the students (the one who received the note) had just finished a 26-day suspension for dealing pot. And the other kid gave him the note right in front of the teacher (it turns out to be another teacher, not my gf after all).

So I guess toast has to do with pot now. Unless the kid has started dealing in other things. Not very bright if he knows people are now looking at him closer since he was caught before, yet he goes back to dealing.

Oh, and apparently, he told the teacher that the kid was asking for hummous to put on actual toast. $12 for hummous. It must be really good.

But, since all they had is this note and nothing else, they really can't do much right now.
Nudizl_Forshizl
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
Melon Tea wrote:

No, he already has the two pieces of toast. He wants two pieces of cheese to make a grilled cheese sandwich!

I found out more that one of the students (the one who received the note) had just finished a 26-day suspension for dealing pot. And the other kid gave him the note right in front of the teacher (it turns out to be another teacher, not my gf after all).

So I guess toast has to do with pot now. Unless the kid has started dealing in other things. Not very bright if he knows people are now looking at him closer since he was caught before, yet he goes back to dealing.

Oh, and apparently, he told the teacher that the kid was asking for hummous to put on actual toast. $12 for hummous. It must be really good.

But, since all they had is this note and nothing else, they really can't do much right now.

Its probably weed then.

That was my first guess, but a $6 J is so weak, like buying a half a pipe cleaner sized little piece. Or maybe its a decent size of some stress?

I've heard tabs referred to as toast, so I thought that might have been it.

Legally they can't do much about it, but they'll probably bring in a narc eventually.

btw, I've paid $12 for hummas. It was good, but not $12 good..
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject:

Sounds like a movie. Find out what's going on and try to ge tthe kid some help.
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject:

I’m the guy at work who gets this kind of stuff on my desk – yes, I am the ‘big brother’ in the office. Any time you have a complaint or want to reveal anything about a co-worker, it comes through my department. It’s not HR, but audit.

Anyway, we have email access and had to do some decoding once that was hidden fairly well. Instead of ‘toast’, they were talking about ‘tickets’. As in, ‘I need 2 tickets to the game on the 19th for (however much they were dealing in)’. They did pretty well for a while until someone slipped up and mentioned the Lakers game on whatever date. They even went so far as to say, ‘Lakers vs. Orlando’. Well, I went to LG and realized the Lakers had already played Orlando in LA and weren’t even playing on the night they specified. Needless to say, everyone involved in no longer employed here. Who would have thought that LG would assist in cracking the code?

Then some dopes thought they could get around it by speaking in other languages. That hasn’t worked yet either, regardless of the language.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject:

unggoy wrote:
I’m the guy at work who gets this kind of stuff on my desk – yes, I am the ‘big brother’ in the office. Any time you have a complaint or want to reveal anything about a co-worker, it comes through my department. It’s not HR, but audit.

Anyway, we have email access and had to do some decoding once that was hidden fairly well. Instead of ‘toast’, they were talking about ‘tickets’. As in, ‘I need 2 tickets to the game on the 19th for (however much they were dealing in)’. They did pretty well for a while until someone slipped up and mentioned the Lakers game on whatever date. They even went so far as to say, ‘Lakers vs. Orlando’. Well, I went to LG and realized the Lakers had already played Orlando in LA and weren’t even playing on the night they specified. Needless to say, everyone involved in no longer employed here. Who would have thought that LG would assist in cracking the code?

Then some dopes thought they could get around it by speaking in other languages. That hasn’t worked yet either, regardless of the language.
Unggoy is a narc or a blackmailer... Just kidding... I bet you've read some crazy ass stuff!!!
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:

Unggoy is a narc or a blackmailer... Just kidding... I bet you've read some crazy ass stuff!!!

Hmmm, narc is probably closer to the truth, but I prefer something similar to Johnny Depp in Donnie Brasco.

Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject:

lol this thread is funny . It's like a geriatrics convention. This year is my 10 year high school reunion. I don't think I'm going to go, but I can't believe how fast it went by. I guess I'm officially out of the loop, since I've never heard "toast" in reference to a drug before.

I'm surprised the kid is even still around. In my high school, anyone caught dealing was immediately expelled. I actually knew a narc too. He didn't tell me, but I just knew. He was probably in his early 20's, but looked about 14. He tried to sell me some weed too (before we became friends). It's a CRAZY career to be in. Death threats are common.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: