Free* USB TV Tuner at Fry's.com *after rebate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Free* USB TV Tuner at Fry's.com *after rebate

I figure you guys might be interested,... with all the 'clip' request... plus it's free!

Quote:
Fry's is currently offering a KWorld USB 2.0 PVR-TV 300U TV tuner on their website which comes out to be free after a $30 rebate. Sure it may not be a world class tuner or anything, but if it's free I'd snatch one up pretty quick.

This is a perfect opportunity for all of you who have been tempted to try building a PVR but didn't want to spend too much money on it. Assuming that you have a computer with at least 256 MB of RAM and 1.6GHz CPU, then you can snatch this baby up and away you go.

The downer about this offer is that it is a mail in rebate so you'll have to cough up the cash now. But by the time you get that cash back in a few weeks you should be all set up with your new PVR.

Offer

Mods, delete if inappropriate...

Last edited by TACH on Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject:

For technophiles like me who are not familiar with this, what are PVR and USB TV tuners? Does this mean I can watch and record TV shows and programs on my computer?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
For technophiles like me who are not familiar with this, what are PVR and USB TV tuners? Does this mean I can watch and record TV shows and programs on my computer?
Yahtzee!!!!

Description of product:

Quote:
Enjoy watching live TV (Worldwide Analog TV System support) with PVR-TV 300U in a resizable window or full screen on your PC or laptop. In addition, you can hook up your home video entertainment system through the additional AV and S-Video input. With TVR application, you can pause live TV and continue from where you left with the Time-Shifting function. Scheduled Recording function allows users not to miss any TV show, especially it provides a powerful function - S.R.P.O. (Scheduled Recording in Power-Off Mode) Any video file can easily be converted from and to avi, mpg, etc with MPEG Converter and then edit your favorite video files with MPEG Editor. Finally, make a copy of the edited file into DVD / VCD / SVCD with Burn DVD

I suggest do a little research (system requirement, is this the solution for you, etc.) before diving in... but then again, it free after rebate.. so there is very little risk (excluding shipping and tax )
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject:

Free after rebate stuff is a dime-a-dozen especially for low end stuff like this.

Check out www.techbargains.com
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
Free after rebate stuff is a dime-a-dozen especially for low end stuff like this.

No, it's free.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: