OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1103, 1104, 1105 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Lonzo Ball/ Seth Curry
Kawhi Leonard/ Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram/Danny Green
Lebron James/Kyle Kuzma
Javale McGee/Robin Lopez

I like this lineup a lot in theory.

But due to cap constraints, maybe more like:

Lonzo/Caruso
BI/Hart
KL/Jones/Bonga
LBJ/Kuz
Dedmon/JaV/Mo

How are you expecting to have Dedmon and McGee? Both are looking to get some financial security this summer.

Same could be said about JaV/Robin duo listed above?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Who is going to convince Lebron to guard PFs?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Lonzo Ball/ Seth Curry
Kawhi Leonard/ Josh Hart
Lebron James/Kyle Kuzma
Javale McGee/Robin Lopez

I like this lineup a lot in theory.

But due to cap constraints, maybe more like:

Lonzo/Caruso
BI/Hart
KL/Jones/Bonga
LBJ/Kuz
Dedmon/JaV/Mo

How are you expecting to have Dedmon and McGee? Both are looking to get some financial security this summer.

Same could be said about JaV/Robin duo listed above?

Yeah, in regards to both scenarios it’s unlikely, when McGee was asked about coming back next year he said it’s a business and anything can happen, I think it’s likely that we will have a new starting C next year and of course I hope McGee takes a pay cut to come back
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

KL.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

A more realistic big man rotation is:

Dedmon( Room exception) and Noel (vet min)
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Linda Rambis
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Im just gonna go ahead and post my dream roster for next season since we're all auditioning for a role in the Lakers FO.

Lonzo Ball/ Seth Curry
Kawhi Leonard/ Josh Hart
Lebron James/Kyle Kuzma
Javale McGee/Robin Lopez

Yeah I realize this isn't realistic but my reasonings:

We have two stars (Kawhi and Lebron) that can both carry the offensive side, and one of them is one of the best defensive players in the league.

We have Ball and Ingram as our 3rd/4th most important players because they'll bring hustle and tenacity on defense while having certain skills on the offensive side that can really elevate the team.

We have McGee and Lopez as our centers so that we can have one true big on the floor whenever we need to go that route.

We fill the bench with scorers and shooters in Curry, Hart, Kuzma and Green.

5 Good to Great defensive players: Ball, Ingram, Kawhi, Hart, (Bron + Green/2)

5 Good to Great shooters: Kawhi, Lebron, Curry, Green, (Kuzma + Hart/2)

Two guys that can lead the team to victories on their own.

Thoughts/ 1-10 ratings please.

That’s pretty much my ideal/slightly realistic roster as well. I would shake up the lineups you posted but all in all I really like it. One criticism would be to get a stretch big instead of Seth Curry and let Bron and Zo handle most of the PG minutes with Caruso getting spot minutes. If we have Danny Green then Curry’s shooting becomes less vital at the guard spot but could be needed from a big guy to get opposing centers out of the lane on occasion.

illysova would be a good get
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
A more realistic big man rotation is:

Dedmon( Room exception) and Noel (vet min)

im sure Noel can get a decent offer, at least more than the vet
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

exactly why i cant see Ingram staying if we get a Butler, Leonard, Klay. Lebron wont play PF and Ingram is gunna wanna start. So unless Ingram or Leonard play down low then i see Ingram on the move for a PF. Ingram for Maurkeen would be a pretty solid trade both sides altho Bulls have Porter thats a kinda guy id want
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Between the money George Soros pays me to protest Trump and what Jim pays me to crap on Jeanie on LG, I'll never need a real job again.

Do you take pleasure in the current state of our franchise? Genuinely asking.

After all, you are right. The Lakers are in a bad state.

Obviously he doesn’t. It’s just that it’s blatant how badly this team is ran. Why should he sugarcoat things?

On top of that LG would say all sorts of things about the previous regime, while this new regime had a clear slate with no outside interference and still sucked. Why shouldn’t the owner, President, GM, etc get blamed?

Jeanie sucks at this and it’s clear. He doesn’t enjoy it. He’s just speaking facts.

How would you feel if we sign Kawhi this offseason? Would you feel bad for embracing the doom and gloom?

Last edited by kikanga on Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
akk7 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Between the money George Soros pays me to protest Trump and what Jim pays me to crap on Jeanie on LG, I'll never need a real job again.

Obviously he doesn’t. It’s just that it’s blatant how badly this team is ran. Why should he sugarcoat things?

On top of that LG would say all sorts of things about the previous regime, while this new regime had a clear slate with no outside interference and still sucked. Why shouldn’t the owner, President, GM, etc get blamed?

Jeanie sucks at this and it’s clear. He doesn’t enjoy it. He’s just speaking facts.

How would you feel if we sign Kawhi this offseason. Would you feel bad/embarrassed for embracing the doom and gloom?

I think one can be objective about the current plight (6 years and continuing) while conceding that we may still land a top flight FA.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
akk7 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

How would you feel if we sign Kawhi this offseason. Would you feel bad/embarrassed for embracing the doom and gloom?

I think one can be objective about the current plight (6 years and continuing) while conceding that we may still land a top flight FA.

Sure. Depending on the narrative they are pushing. 4 of those 6 years were under a different regime. And signing the best player in the league within 2 years isn't exactly bad. Despite the other mistakes (Lou, DLO, Randle, Brook).
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

exactly why i cant see Ingram staying if we get a Butler, Leonard, Klay. Lebron wont play PF and Ingram is gunna wanna start. So unless Ingram or Leonard play down low then i see Ingram on the move for a PF. Ingram for Maurkeen would be a pretty solid trade both sides altho Bulls have Porter thats a kinda guy id want

What if we sign Tobias Harris?
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

i wouldnt mind Harris but im sure hes staying in Philly, no way philly lets butler and harris walk. what was the point of trading for him ?
legend825
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Joe Harris and Seth should be the backup guards to pursue. I dunno how they'll create enough money for Bullock or if he's a consideration at this point.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

If I were GM, I would trade everyone for Dragan Bender. All hail Bender!
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
akk7 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Sure. Depending on the narrative they are pushing. 4 of those 6 years were under a different regime. And signing the best player in the league within 2 years isn't exactly bad. Despite the other mistakes (Lou, DLO, Randle, Brook).

Great point Kikanga...I prefer thinking ahead like you... positively. I'm just having a hard time digesting the way Magic left....one of the most cowardly, unprofessional moves anyone can make. Never expected him to do that.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Great point Kikanga...I prefer thinking ahead like you... positively. I'm just having a hard time digesting the way Magic left....one of the most cowardly, unprofessional moves anyone can make. Never expected him to do that.

No excuses for Magic. He left us in a bad state leading up to a very important free agency.

But there is plenty of potential good news heading our way.

The same impatience that led to us trading away Lou, DLO, and Randle could bite us in the ass when it comes to this free agency plan. Let's see where PG13's money goes before we embrace the doom and gloom.

The best way to stumble if you're walking through the forest, is to look back at the last stumble you just made. Or like Phil used to say. Especially in the playoffs. "You're only as successful as your last successful act."
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject:

legend825 wrote:
Joe Harris and Seth should be the backup guards to pursue. I dunno how they'll create enough money for Bullock or if he's a consideration at this point.

i dont think harris is a FA but yes hes the 3pt king rn. dude is fire but i dont think hes a FA. I know JJ is and could be pretty solid on a 1yr contract. I dont see multi year deals going out unless its a star player thats why i have a hard time seeing us bring McGee back. Unless Mcgee wants another 1yr deal. I see Mcgee gone and us drafting a C at 11 either Bol, Hayes, or Bitadze. Honestly i like all 3
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject:

It was cool to see Ray Allen defending LeBron and the Lakers on GetUp

Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Math wrote:
After hearing Jerry West's quotes this morning about how Ryan thinks some of the negative stuff coming out is unfair I start to wonder how much the Buss family trust, and specifically a scorned Jim, has reacted to being ousted.

How much of this negative press can be attributed to a family power struggle over the reins with an ultimate goal of removing Jeanie?

*** I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF OF THIS ***

I have long suspected that there are posters here who are *tasked* with posting anti-Jeanie items and whip up sentiment to disparage her and get her to sell the team (which is reportedly an aim of Jimmy and Johnnie). They then use their burner accounts to support their posts, which is why there'll be a 30-quote chain of dittos.

Just my humble opinion.

I love LakersGround and I enjoy being a semi active poster on here, but you are overestimating the impact of a public forum WAY too much.

We can change this to JeanieSellTheTeamGround.Net and it wouldn't matter the slightest.

I worked in Film/TV Production for a period of time (on the business side). We noticed that certain actors/actresses would get a LOT of activity/mentions/support on fan boards for TV shows . . . just about the time when their contracts were up and/or we were trying to decide to keep them on the show. We discovered that agents - one BIG agency in particular - was having their interns flood message boards and pump up their clients.

{OK, we didn't discover it - we hired a girl who had interned for the agency and she told us how it all went down].

In any event, with the exception of maybe 6-8 posters whose public identities are known, everyone else here is just someone with a computer or phone posting anonymously on a message board. There could be 5,000 users here, 50,000 or just 15 with hundreds of aliases.

As I originally posted - I have no proof. Neither have I pointed a finger at specific posters. I do, howver, have my suspicions.

Last edited by Dr. Laker on Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject:

legend825 wrote:

Joe Harris is an FA or in the trade block ... news to me
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Math wrote:
After hearing Jerry West's quotes this morning about how Ryan thinks some of the negative stuff coming out is unfair I start to wonder how much the Buss family trust, and specifically a scorned Jim, has reacted to being ousted.

How much of this negative press can be attributed to a family power struggle over the reins with an ultimate goal of removing Jeanie?

I have long suspected that there are posters here who are *tasked* with posting anti-Jeanie items and whip up sentiment to disparage her and get her to sell the team (which is reportedly an aim of Jimmy and Johnnie). They then use their burner accounts to support their posts, which is why there'll be a 30-quote chain of dittos.

Just my humble opinion.

I love LakersGround and I enjoy being a semi active poster on here, but you are overestimating the impact of a public forum WAY too much.

We can change this to JeanieSellTheTeamGround.Net and it wouldn't matter the slightest.

I worked in Film/TV Production for a period of time (on the business side). We noticed that certain actors/actresses would get a LOT of activity/mentions/support on fan boards for TV shows . . . just about the time when their contracts were up and/or we were trying to decide to keep them on the show. We discovered that agents - one BIG agency in particular - was having their interns flood message boards and pump up their clients.

{OK, we didn't discover it - we hired a girl who had interned for the agency and she told us how it all went down].

In any event, with the exception of maybe 6-8 posters whose public identities are known, everyone else here is just someone with a computer or phone posting anonymously on a message board. There could be 5,000 users here, 50,000 or just 15 with hundreds of aliases.

As I originally posted - I have no proof. Neither have I pointed a finger at specific posters. I do, howver, have my suspicions.

it's me jim buss

srry
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Math wrote:

Just my humble opinion.

it's me jim buss

srry

Sup Jim how you doing my man
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
a2j1m wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

i wouldnt mind Harris but im sure hes staying in Philly, no way philly lets butler and harris walk. what was the point of trading for him ?

I wouldn't mind Tobias either but holy hell would that be a letdown.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1103, 1104, 1105 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1104 of 8560
Jump to: