Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject:

unggoy wrote:
FarmartoAfflalo wrote:

SC is trying to keep itself away from Reggie after making the school tens of millions. Nothing like that "trojan family"

You just continue to make yourself look silly, and I'm amazed at your lack of knowledge about this, yet you keep spewing your nonsense.

What part of 5 passes are you having trouble with? What part of 'called on Friday, after the sideline passes were long gone' are you not getting? Maybe the Bruins would bump Gary Beban for JJ Stokes or Cade McNown, but Reggie is not going to call the office 3 days before the game and have Ronnie Lott bumped. Or anyone else who did it the right way. But then again, maybe the late-great Godfather of UCLA basketball, Sam Gilbert, or his still-alive minion down in Newport Beach (who is carrying on the Gilbert tradition proudly) could have pulled some strings at the Rose Bowl. I'm sure you don't know his name though, because you know, burying your head in the sand regarding your team's infractions is all the rage.

But, since you know exactly what's going on with this situtation regarding Bush, you must know the other reason that Bush didn't get the pass, right? And to give you a hint, you didn't mention it already, but since you're so full of knowledge, I am sure you'll educate us all.

I'll wait.
Fine,.. no pass,.. they could of gotten him a ticket to the game. It's Horse Poo... And I like SC, but let's call it how we see it. If they wanted him in the Rose Bowl, he would of been there. They knew what was going on (with the cash and stuff) and turned a blind eye, just like baseball and roids. Now they 'distance' themselves from Bush after all th money he was brought in... That's a crock...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:

Fine,.. no pass,.. they could of gotten him a ticket to the game. If they wanted him in the Rose Bowl, he would of been there. They knew what was going on (with the cash and stuff) and turned a blind eye, just like baseball and roids. Now they 'distance' themselves from Bush after all th money he was brought in... That's a crock...

Again, just because Jay Glazer speculates that they're 'distancing' themselves from Bush doesn't make it true. Nothing was stopping Reggie from being at the game - he wanted a sideline pass and didn't get one. There wasn't a secret service force on hand to ensure he couldn't procure entrance into the stadium. In fact, despite what Glazer claims, Reggie could have been there, with the rest of the players not on the field. Whether he wanted to do that or not is on him, not the university. He chose not to, then played victim.

It's easy to jump to the 'distancing themselves' conclusion, but it's just not true.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject:

unggoy wrote:
TACH wrote:

Fine,.. no pass,.. they could of gotten him a ticket to the game. If they wanted him in the Rose Bowl, he would of been there. They knew what was going on (with the cash and stuff) and turned a blind eye, just like baseball and roids. Now they 'distance' themselves from Bush after all th money he was brought in... That's a crock...

Again, just because Jay Glazer speculates that they're 'distancing' themselves from Bush doesn't make it true. Nothing was stopping Reggie from being at the game - he wanted a sideline pass and didn't get one. There wasn't a secret service force on hand to ensure he couldn't procure entrance into the stadium. In fact, despite what Glazer claims, Reggie could have been there, with the rest of the players not on the field. Whether he wanted to do that or not is on him, not the university. He chose not to, then played victim.

It's easy to jump to the 'distancing themselves' conclusion, but it's just not true.
He got it from Reggie.
Quote:

"Reggie Bush has told me that USC does not want him on the sidelines, or present anywhere at [the] Rose Bowl."

How is that speculation? Reggie told him.

Like I said,... if SC wanted him there, he would been there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:

He got it from Reggie.

"Reggie Bush has told me that USC does not want him on the sidelines, or present anywhere at [the] Rose Bowl."

How is that speculation? Reggie told him.

Like I said,... if SC wanted him there, he would been there.

Reggie told him. Okay.

I guess all I can say is believe what you want to believe.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject:

If you are a Heisman winner, you get used to getting what you want. Sometimes, those who don't get what they want, threaten to make a stink. Perhaps, Bush wanted sideline passes, but became upset at not getting what he wanted. What you are hearing from Bush is probably just the stink he's making to try to make those he is trying to push around seem unreasonable. Obviously, he's trying to get people into trouble. That's a form of bullying.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject:

angel wrote:
If you are a Heisman winner, you get used to getting what you want. Sometimes, those who don't get what they want, threaten to make a stink. Perhaps, Bush wanted sideline passes, but became upset at not getting what he wanted. What you are hearing from Bush is probably just the stink he's making to try to make those he is trying to push around seem unreasonable. Obviously, he's trying to get people into trouble. That's a form of bullying.

Does Bush really come off like that?

If he was obviously trying to get people in trouble, he would simply say SC knew about the money (which they did), end of story.

I think Jay asked him a question about going to the Rose Bowl, and he simply (and naively) said SC didn't want him there...
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
angel wrote:

If he was obviously trying to get people in trouble, he would simply say SC knew about the money (which they did), end of story.

I think Jay asked him a question about going to the Rose Bowl, and he simply (and naively) said SC didn't want him there...

Very few people are dumb enough to say they accepted bribes to go to a college. Why do you hurt your own ability to market? Why lose all your endorsements? Why would he hurt himself? He wanted to hurt some people who didn't give him what he wanted, not himself. If he did what you suggest, he would cut himself off from everyone at USC. Even O.J. Simpson doesn't want to do that. Angry bullies try to do unto others, not themselves.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject:

angel wrote:
TACH wrote:
angel wrote:

Very few people are dumb enough to say they accepted bribes to go to a college. Why do you hurt your own ability to market? Why lose all your endorsements? Why would he hurt himself? He wanted to hurt some people who didn't give him what he wanted, not himself. If he did what you suggest, he would cut himself off from everyone at USC. Even O.J. Simpson doesn't want to do that. Angry bullies try to do unto others, not themselves.
I have to disagree...Didn't Ray Lewis appear on the cover of Madden after his run in with the law? What about Michael Irvin, doesn't seem to have hurt him. Bribe?? Who was bribed? He took money, but a bribe?
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
angel wrote:
TACH wrote:
angel wrote:

I have to disagree...Didn't Ray Lewis appear on the cover of Madden after his run in with the law? What about Michael Irvin, doesn't seem to have hurt him. Bribe?? Who was bribed? He took money, but a bribe?

If he took money to go to a school, it is taking a bribe. That would make him a crook. Being a crook wouldn't help his endorsements. If USC knew that was happening, they would be put on probation. They would lose scholarships and might have bowl Championships reversed. Bush knows better than to do something like that. That you would suggest he would definitely do that if he wanted to get people in trouble is absurd. That would be purposely injuring himself. The fact that he didn't say the school knew proves nothing. That wasn't an intelligent option. Bush was just making a stink to bully the guy who didn't give him what he wanted. Bush wasn't man enough to accept the fact that he was late requesting a sideline pass and it was his own fault for not getting one. Being a Heisman winner, doesn't mean you don't have to follow rules. I suppose it's even possible for him to lose his Heisman if an investigation finds him guilty of receiving money to go to that school. I don't believe USC would know about a NCAA violation and not report it. I'm not even sure there was a violation on the part of the school. USC did not need Bush to be a winning program.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject:

angel wrote:
TACH wrote:
angel wrote:
TACH wrote:
angel wrote:

If he took money to go to a school, it is taking a bribe. That would make him a crook. Being a crook wouldn't help his endorsements. If USC knew that was happening, they would be put on probation. They would lose scholarships and might have bowl Championships reversed. Bush knows better than to do something like that. That you would suggest he would definitely do that if he wanted to get people in trouble is absurd. That would be purposely injuring himself. The fact that he didn't say the school knew proves nothing. That wasn't an intelligent option. Bush was just making a stink to bully the guy who didn't give him what he wanted. Bush wasn't man enough to accept the fact that he was late requesting a sideline pass and it was his own fault for not getting one. Being a Heisman winner, doesn't mean you don't have to follow rules. I suppose it's even possible for him to lose his Heisman if an investigation finds him guilty of receiving money to go to that school. I don't believe USC would know about a NCAA violation and not report it. I'm not even sure there was a violation on the part of the school. USC did not need Bush to be a winning program.

Unless there are 'new' violations, what you are describing doesn't sounds anything what he's accused of:

Quote:
On April 24, 2006, a week before the 2006 NFL Draft, a report surfaced from Yahoo! Sports exclusively raising questions about whether Bush's family received improper benefits during Bush's final college season. The questions involved a home valued at $757,000 located in Spring Valley, California which Reggie Bush's mother, stepfather and brother lived in during the 2005 season. The home was owned by a man with ties to a recently started sports marketing company. If Bush and his family paid less than fair market value on the rental, then this would equate to a gift prohibited by NCAA policies.
How do you 'bribe' somebody to go to a school that they are already attending?

A crook? Who did he rob? Who's the victim? Who's filing charges?

As for endorsement, Bush has deals with Pepsi, Subway, EA, etc for millions of dollars., all of which were signed well after the allegations. It's not hurting him either way.

If what he/his family is guilty of what is alleged, it's against NCAA Rules, not the law.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:
angel wrote:
TACH wrote:
angel wrote:
TACH wrote:
angel wrote:

Unless there are 'new' violations, what you are describing doesn't sounds anything what he's accused of:

Quote:
On April 24, 2006, a week before the 2006 NFL Draft, a report surfaced from Yahoo! Sports exclusively raising questions about whether Bush's family received improper benefits during Bush's final college season. The questions involved a home valued at $757,000 located in Spring Valley, California which Reggie Bush's mother, stepfather and brother lived in during the 2005 season. The home was owned by a man with ties to a recently started sports marketing company. If Bush and his family paid less than fair market value on the rental, then this would equate to a gift prohibited by NCAA policies.
How do you 'bribe' somebody to go to a school that they are already attending?

A crook? Who did he rob? Who's the victim? Who's filing charges?

As for endorsement, Bush has deals with Pepsi, Subway, EA, etc for millions of dollars., all of which were signed well after the allegations. It's not hurting him either way.

If what he/his family is guilty of what is alleged, it's against NCAA Rules, not the law.

TACH wrote:

That is precisely why he wouldn't say USC knew about it when it was taking place if it did indeed occur. It would be an admission of his personal guilt if he knew about the violation and failed to report it. What you are saying is because he hasn't said USC knew, it proved that he wasn't trying to get anybody into trouble, which is false. Bush saying nothing can be self-defense. The very fact that he hasn't admitted anything is why he has his endorsments. It is illogical to say he hasn't lost anything, when he hasn't admitted anything is the same whether or not he admits something. For you to prove your point, he would have to make an admission. At that point, we could measure the consequences to see if he lost anything. Since that hasn't happened, you have zero proof. All we know is poor Reggie is whining, because he wasn't given a free pass to the hottest game in town, after asking at the last minute for one of the five available passes. I guess he wanted to go if it was free, but couldn't afford to buy any tickets? I guess he's fallen on hard times being a first round draft pick in the NFL. Poor Reggie! I guess he didn't want to go if he had to actually pay for it. Poor Reggie! I feel your pain!
skumbag
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject:

i can't believe i just wasted my time reading this (bleep)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: