Roster Construction

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject: Roster Construction

This roster construction does not fit the coach
Luke is no bold enough to use the people correctly

our current starting line up is Rondo/Ingram/Lebron/Kuz/Mcgee. People suggest Bullock starting, so Rondo/Bullock/Ingram/Lebron/Mcgee.

Bullock is averaging 30 mins a game in Detriot to get 2.5 3s a game and 11 pts. Same as KCP last year when getting that many minutes. I dont know why KCP was not traded. Is Bullock going to get 30 mins? What happens to Hart's minutes and KCP? There is news we are going to get Melo. What happens to his minutes? Lance?

Too many wings
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject:

It's almost as if Magic thinks that if him and LeBron could play all 5 positions, everyone else should be able to as well!
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject:

The only roster that suits this coach is one that doesn't need much coaching.

This roster was put together to let the youth turn into something. Then add some plug-in 1yr vets with playoff experience. All this disgust over rental players is ridiculous. They won't be here next year unless they'll take minimum or exception offers.

Problem is Luke doesn't know jack squat what to do with these players. Each individually can ball but in Luke's incoherent jumble it's a mess.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Well the first thing this roster needs to do for the rest of the year, is stop adding fodder.
I like Alex Caruso and J. Williams but don't know them personally and Isaac Bonga; well what can I say... Just keep these guys in the "G" league until they've matured at the NBA level. They shouldn't be on our official roster, taking up a spot, so...

Can we start there, because that's three roster spots, then we go and trade away Beasley to potentially make room for Melo (???). It's just not making any sense. Beasley wasn't great, but serviceable at times, especially if we want to go small, he just doesn't play any defense, but neither does Melo.

There will be a ton of good talent in the "Buyout" pool, but we won't have any spots available. As much as we're struggling, we can't afford to pass up on good talent.

Let's say we add Melo to the roster with the open spot and Ball is back from injury. The starting lineup should be:

First Unit:
ZO+KCP+LeBron+Melo+McGee/Chandler (either center since chronic injuries)

Second Unit:
Rondo+Stephenson+Ingram+Kuzma+Muscala

Just keep a solid rotation and stop switching so much, it will make for better continuity!
Grodyman
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject:

It is time to decide if you are going to keep any of your "young core," which I would argue is not a core at all, and get to trading the rest for future draft capital.

Even the Pelicans didn't want any of these stiffs.

I don't know who on this roster I would absolutely keep. Just a bad mix of immaturity and inconsistency. Luke is probably not the best coach for this mix, I would say a Larry Brown type, teacher disciplinarian coach would be a better fit, however; bringing in Lebron threw a grenade on the whole organization. Can't be patient enough to develop their young talent, can't trade them for anything decent.

Lakers are in a bad place.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: