USC Trojans upset Washington in 2 OT!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: USC Trojans upset Washington in 2 OT!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=263620030

We are for real this year! 11-3 this year
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
TheRod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Go Bruins!
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject:

I wonder if anyone can go undefeated in Pac-10. It's one very tough Conference.
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject:

We should be ranked next week after beating 2 Top 15 teams back to back. 8,200 at the Galen Center last night, the first true home court advantage I think any of us can remember for USC basketball in a long time.

Taj Gibson for Pac 10 freshman of the year!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject:

angel wrote:
I wonder if anyone can go undefeated in Pac-10. It's one very tough Conference.

I very much doubt it. The Pac 10 is off the hook this year, very very tough with a lot of good teams and players.

I think UCLA and Arizona will probably split vs each other, I have been following the Cats closely since they have my boy Chase Budinger balling for them. UCLA is great, but Arizona can score with anyone.

Question is, which will prevail? UCLAs suffocating defense or Arizona's terrific offense?
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject:

Caron1 wrote:
We should be ranked next week after beating 2 Top 15 teams back to back. 8,200 at the Galen Center last night, the first true home court advantage I think any of us can remember for USC basketball in a long time.

Taj Gibson for Pac 10 freshman of the year!

It was crazy!!! I wish it wasnt winter break...more students would have been even louder! Wash st. at 3 on Saturday!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
lakerfan4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject:

At least one LA team managed an overtime victory
FarmartoAfflalo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: USC Trojans upset Washington in 2 OT!

lakersdynasty999 wrote:

11-4 now. And most of those 11 wins have been against really horrible teams. It looks like the Pac-10 will get 5 teams to the big dance with Wazzu and Oregon ahead of USC.

By the way how old is Taj Gibson? 21 or 22? Gotta be the oldest "freshman" ever
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: USC Trojans upset Washington in 2 OT!

FarmartoAfflalo wrote:
lakersdynasty999 wrote:

11-4 now. And most of those 11 wins have been against really horrible teams. It looks like the Pac-10 will get 5 teams to the big dance with Wazzu and Oregon ahead of USC.

Right, beating 2 top 15 teams (one of which will likely give overrated UCLA problems tomorrow) back to back was just my imagination.

Shouldnt you be out buying Michigan gear?
FarmartoAfflalo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: USC Trojans upset Washington in 2 OT!

Caron1 wrote:
FarmartoAfflalo wrote:
lakersdynasty999 wrote:

Right, beating 2 top 15 teams (one of which will likely give overrated UCLA problems tomorrow) back to back was just my imagination.

Wichita State is not a top 15 team.

Isn't it pathetic that your school builds a brand new arena and only 5,900 showed up? What's the excuse now?

I'm still enjoying 13-9. Give my regards to Lane Kiffen, who can turn 5* studs into 2* talent.

Stick to the grid iron, like the other trojan "fans."
Caron1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: USC Trojans upset Washington in 2 OT!

FarmartoAfflalo wrote:
Caron1 wrote:
FarmartoAfflalo wrote:
lakersdynasty999 wrote:

Wichita State is not a top 15 team.

Isn't it pathetic that your school builds a brand new arena and only 5,900 showed up? What's the excuse now?

I'm still enjoying 13-9. Give my regards to Lane Kiffen, who can turn 5* studs into 2* talent.

Stick to the grid iron, like the other trojan "fans."

I take it math isnt a major at UCLA anymore as 8,200 showed up and the arena holds 10. Not bad for our first conference game since the building opened a few weeks ago, and it apparently attracted Brandon Jennings and OJ Mayo so no complaints from me.

And of course you and the rest of the UCLA fanbase is still enjoying your one win in the last eight years, but at least you acknowledge you have Lane Kiffin to blame and not give Dewayne Walker or Radio Dorrell credit after they were both exposed by that juggernaut 6-6 FSU team.

As I said, shouldnt you be out buying Michigan gear? I can guarantee you not one USC fan showed up to the emerald bowl wearing FSU stuff, but that doesnt seem to be the MO around westwood. We support OUR team and dont measure success in terms of another school's failure. We aren't so caught up in an inferiority complex that we see fit to wear the gear of our rival's opponent. On the other hand, as you said you are still celebrating your one win in eight years after getting pounded by a 6-6 team. You guys have no idea what its like to win (witness cops in riot gear in Westwood the night of 12/2), you dont care when you lose, and nobody--no fan, no sports journalist--on a national level gives a righteous damn about you. That must hurt.

So while you can continue to maintain that USC isnt posing a threat in hoops, its very obvious you are worried and felt the need to come over here and try to downplay our success thus far. I am not trying to argue with you man, but save the thinly veiled flame attempts and just say what is on your mind.
FarmartoAfflalo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Nice call Caron

UW sure made it close and made UCLA look overrated

Dude, seriously, stick to football and stay away from the roundball. Your "loyal" trojan fans do the same thing because they know sc basketball will forever be irrelevant in this city.

The #1 bruins looked outstanding today!
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Trojans hosed that game against Washington State, had the big lead and choked.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: