OFFICIAL GOLF THREAD: Because we have so many and need an official one
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 41823

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Woods' Ryder Cup record dropped to 13-20-3 and 9-16-1 in team matches.

Mickelson (another questionable captains pick) is now 18-21-7 lifetime and obviously completely out of form.

Furyk has done a poor job, just like he did missing 1 foot putts in the Ryder Cup as a player.


Tiger is actually now 9-19-1 in team matches in the Ryder Cup, from what I read, and 13-20-3 overall (4-1-2 in singles). He's fine on his own ball, not so good when he has a teammate. Although I will say that Reed was playing terrible in their 2 matches that I saw. I didn't see his afternoon match with DeChambeau, but I see that they got slaughtered.


Tiger loses his singles match to Jon Rahm also, goes scoreless in the Ryder Cup.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 41823

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

Per ESPN:

Phil Mickelson is in the World Golf Hall of Fame. Tiger Woods will join him there when eligible. And Dustin Johnson is the No. 1 ranked player in the world. The trio combined to go 1-9 in the Ryder Cup, with Mickelson and Tiger going 0-6.

It was almost fitting that Francesco Molinari clinched the victory in his singles match against Mickelson after tormenting Woods the first two days. Mickelson now has 22 Ryder Cup losses, followed by Woods with 21. U.S. captain Jim Furyk has 20.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 14896
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Per ESPN:

Phil Mickelson is in the World Golf Hall of Fame. Tiger Woods will join him there when eligible. And Dustin Johnson is the No. 1 ranked player in the world. The trio combined to go 1-9 in the Ryder Cup, with Mickelson and Tiger going 0-6.

It was almost fitting that Francesco Molinari clinched the victory in his singles match against Mickelson after tormenting Woods the first two days. Mickelson now has 22 Ryder Cup losses, followed by Woods with 21. U.S. captain Jim Furyk has 20.


Ouch.
_________________
Kevin Durant will be a Laker in 2019-20.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 27450
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject:

Spectator struck at Ryder Cup by Brooks Koepka shot loses use of eye

Quote:
The woman spectator hit in the face by a Brooks Koepka shot Friday at the Ryder Cup says doctors told her she has lost use of her right eye.

"It happened so fast, I didn't feel any pain when I was hit," Corine Remande, 49, told AFP. "I didn't feel like the ball had struck my eye and then I felt the blood start to pour. The scan on Friday confirmed a fracture of the right eye socket and an explosion of the eyeball."


Quote:
Remande told AFP she is considering legal action.


LINK
_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Sep 2017
Posts: 419

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Spectator struck at Ryder Cup by Brooks Koepka shot loses use of eye

Quote:
The woman spectator hit in the face by a Brooks Koepka shot Friday at the Ryder Cup says doctors told her she has lost use of her right eye.

"It happened so fast, I didn't feel any pain when I was hit," Corine Remande, 49, told AFP. "I didn't feel like the ball had struck my eye and then I felt the blood start to pour. The scan on Friday confirmed a fracture of the right eye socket and an explosion of the eyeball."


Quote:
Remande told AFP she is considering legal action.


LINK


Horrific. I mean, she has no case what so ever against Koepka or the course in my opinion but man how unfortunate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Posts: 17069

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject:

If anyone hasn't heard yet, for some reason The Match is running for free on Bleacher Report.

LINK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Posts: 17069

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Tiger with the little chip in to tie it up on 17. All tied up going in to 18.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 45189
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Phil Mickelson birdies 22nd hole to beat Tiger Woods in 'The Match'

LINK
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Oct 2001
Posts: 5809
Location: Allupinya

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

TopGolf Comes to SoCal
_________________
The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge. - Isaac Asimov
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 41577
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
TopGolf Comes to SoCal


Been hearing the rumors for. while. A golf buddy of mine does commercial real estate and there was talk of putting it in Inglewood near the new stadium. I like this plan better.

Can't wait!
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Oct 2001
Posts: 5809
Location: Allupinya

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Heartburn wrote:
TopGolf Comes to SoCal


Been hearing the rumors for. while. A golf buddy of mine does commercial real estate and there was talk of putting it in Inglewood near the new stadium. I like this plan better.

Can't wait!


They've been negotiating with El Segundo for years now and the tide didn't change until certain city council people were voted out this year. It took a lot of work because El Segundo is a special kind of backwater. I can tell you that from firsthand knowledge.

TopGolf was trying to find other locations but they really wanted El Segundo. I am guessing its proximity to LAX is especially appealing. You can get a ton of transient business while people wait for their flights...on top of the regular business the course pulls from the Westside and South Bay.
_________________
The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge. - Isaac Asimov
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Posts: 17069

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Also, Stadium Links is coming to Angels stadium in a few weeks.

https://www.stadiumlinks.com/locations/anaheim/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 41577
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Heartburn wrote:
TopGolf Comes to SoCal


Been hearing the rumors for. while. A golf buddy of mine does commercial real estate and there was talk of putting it in Inglewood near the new stadium. I like this plan better.

Can't wait!


They've been negotiating with El Segundo for years now and the tide didn't change until certain city council people were voted out this year. It took a lot of work because El Segundo is a special kind of backwater. I can tell you that from firsthand knowledge.

TopGolf was trying to find other locations but they really wanted El Segundo. I am guessing its proximity to LAX is especially appealing. You can get a ton of transient business while people wait for their flights...on top of the regular business the course pulls from the Westside and South Bay.


Yeah, It's a good location. Love playing The Lakes, so it will be cool to have Top Golf there as well (I hope).
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 41577
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Also, Stadium Links is coming to Angels stadium in a few weeks.

https://www.stadiumlinks.com/locations/anaheim/


Going on the 15th!
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB