I Just Saw Blood Diamond.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: I Just Saw Blood Diamond.

Sometimes I wish our world lives in storybook land because this movie is a harsh look at reality... I was just a senior in HS when I read the first article about the civil war in Sierra Leone but I never thought it was a big deal until i saw this movie.....

I almost fought back tears... something about children getting shot by other children over materialistic treasures can run emotions through your body......

this movie is very good.... but its not for weak hearted...
BTW... Leo DIcaprio should win best actor for this movie. the dude has been phenomenal this year....

If not Leo, than
Djimoun should win best actor for this movie as well or best supporting actor
F Snaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject:

I haven't seen it but I think DiCaprio is also a strong contender for best actor from his performance in "The Departed." It's one of the best movies I've seen in years. To be honest, it's even better than the original, "Infernal Affairs." DiCaprio has always been a top-notch actor. Probably the best, in terms of body of work, under 40 years old. The guy is like the Kobe Bryant of movies. I'm gonna see "The Blood Diamond" as well, hopefully sometime this week.
NBA referees are a detriment to the integrity and essence of the game of basketball. It is our duty, as fans of this sacred game, to eviscerate each and every one of these treacherous maggots, if ever we cross paths with any of them in our lives.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject:

The diamond business is very very dirty business... (10 Reason Not To Accept a Diamond)

DeBeer's is ruthless cartel.

I'm looking forward to watching this movie.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ShadyG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject:

I hope this movie doesn't disappoint me. I've been following the diamond business for many years, and what I really want to see is a broad indictment of the whole industry. I worry that the makers of this film wimped out and focused narrowly on one specific incident that consumers could shrug off as isolated. I also can't get out to movies too often due to the whole parental responsibility issue, so I may not be able to get around to this until it's on Netflix.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject:

Ive heard great reviews. Unfortunately I cant find myself to leaving my little one with grandma as I go off to catch a flick. I still feel the guilty thing.....

Im actually sitting with a couple of movie gift cards that Ill probably end up passing on.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject:

ShadyG wrote:
I hope this movie doesn't disappoint me. I've been following the diamond business for many years, and what I really want to see is a broad indictment of the whole industry. I worry that the makers of this film wimped out and focused narrowly on one specific incident that consumers could shrug off as isolated. I also can't get out to movies too often due to the whole parental responsibility issue, so I may not be able to get around to this until it's on Netflix.
It's a disgusting, despicable business... glad the story is being told.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject:

finally got around to this one today.

just a great film. everyone should see it.

dicaprio is fantastic although i think his work in The Departed may be stronger. his accent is perfect. i always knew the diamond business was dirty but didn't know it was that bad. very well crafted film.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

dicaprio is fantastic although i think his work in The Departed may be stronger. his accent is perfect. i always knew the diamond business was dirty but didn't know it was that bad. very well crafted film.

He was definitely better in The Departed but I think he's starting to show he's becoming a very good actor. I personally use to despise the guy but he won me over after watching The Departed.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:
ocho wrote:

He was definitely better in The Departed but I think he's starting to show he's becoming a very good actor. I personally use to despise the guy but he won me over after watching The Departed.

I've always been a fan of Leo and thought he was an underrated actor for the most part. Although I did end up disliking him during the Titanic craze though. But fortunately he was able to survive that and put out some good stuff. I hope to see this movie not sure if its worth going to the theater to see it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: