Saw 3 (No spoilers)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Saw 3 (No spoilers)

Just went and watched Saw 3 the other night.

I'm a big fan of the Saw series, not so much because of the "gore and violence" but the creativity of the games and the plot. LOVED the endings to Saw I and Saw II, althought Saw II's ending wasn't quite as great as the first, still was solid.

As far as Saw III, I dunno, it was pretty good. The storyline was good, but not as great as the first two IMO. And I think what made me the most disappointed is the ending/twist, the past two movies had great twists, whereas Saw III, eh not so much. Of course I'm not going to give it away or anything, and I still recommend the movie to fans of the Saw series. But I think this was clearly a notch or two below the other two.

I also heard that supposedly the Saw producers/directors have signed on to up to Saw 5 or maybe 6. If that is indeed true, the next one or two are not going to be as good, and whatever the finale is will be amazing. Or so I hope.

Anyways what did everyone else think who went and saw it?
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject:

I'm so sick of the horror genre right now. Used to be these films all came out around October and Halloween but now they're everywhere. I'm a little annoyed.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject:

--SPOILERS--

Not really spoilers, but it might mess the movie up for someone. I loved the first Saw, the second was ok, but this one sucked and I was really looking forward to it too. Jigsaw's sidekick Amanda, oh man her acting was atrocious...like seriously, really really bad, people in the theater were laughing when she tried to act all serious. The ending twist sucked also, they couldn't come up with something more creative and intense? And way way way too many flashback scenes. The main trap took up only like 20 percent of the movie which was disappointing, and the guy at the center, Jeff, I couldn't care less about him. And why didn't he break the glass off to get the shotgun?

And they could've made the characters more interesting. This movie was all about Amanda who I couldn't stand. I also want to see some of the characters make an actual attempt to escape instead of following Jigsaw's plan to perfection, you know, like throw a wrench into the plan or something, or at least TRY. I can honestly say that I was bored throughout this movie. I could care less for the gory stuff, I like the puzzles, but Saw III was disappointing to say the least.
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject:

I SAW it. Bloody.
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
--SPOILERS--

Not really spoilers, but it might mess the movie up for someone. I loved the first Saw, the second was ok, but this one sucked and I was really looking forward to it too. Jigsaw's sidekick Amanda, oh man her acting was atrocious...like seriously, really really bad, people in the theater were laughing when she tried to act all serious. The ending twist sucked also, they couldn't come up with something more creative and intense? And way way way too many flashback scenes. The main trap took up only like 20 percent of the movie which was disappointing, and the guy at the center, Jeff, I couldn't care less about him. And why didn't he break the glass off to get the shotgun?

And they could've made the characters more interesting. This movie was all about Amanda who I couldn't stand. I also want to see some of the characters make an actual attempt to escape instead of following Jigsaw's plan to perfection, you know, like throw a wrench into the plan or something, or at least TRY. I can honestly say that I was bored throughout this movie. I could care less for the gory stuff, I like the puzzles, but Saw III was disappointing to say the least.

WARNING: REPLY TO SPOILERS

haha I completely agree!! The ending pissed me off, when it all started unfolding, I literally through about 3 or 4 possibilities that could happen (you know when the classic Saw ending music starts playing, and the *twist* is about to revealed, well I, like I'm sure many others, tried to predict the next few seconds/minutes of it based on what was going on, and the POTENTIAL was there), and they ALL would have made a lot more sense and been so much better. But instead I see the ending and I was like..."are you serious?!?" So disappointing, and the movie as a whole was just not as great as the previous two, it was still good b/c I'm a fan of the series, but could've been much better.

All in all..disappointing to say the least.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: