Question About NBA Live 2006

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Question About NBA Live 2006

OK so i know live vs 2k threads have been done to death but im too lazy to look them up.

I bought nba live 07 last night from some creepy store. basically once i open it i cant take it back for an exchange, pesos etc..

basically, for the past 3 years ive preferred live over the 2k series. even though live looks./can get cartoonish, i still thought it looked better on the ps2.

so i get home and i decided to look up some reviews from live before opening the damn thing and i was pretty shocked. the scores were pretty low.

so, Lg'ers. what do u think. what do u like/hate about 2k7 or live cause i'm seriously considering taking live back before opening it. i have until sunday to make a decision.

holla

holla.
"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06
madsen35
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Depends what you look for in a game. I have both Live and 2k7, and personally, I like Live better. The PS2 version of 2K7 is too much like last year's version.

I'd go with Live, but the good thing about 2K7 is that it is cheaper.
PassiontoWin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Live is horrible, get 2k7..........they have signature jumpshots on the current gen systems and it's pretty fun.....if you got the ps2 or xbox version of live 07, they took out the center court close side to side view.....the remaining camera angles are horrible........wayyyyyyyyy too far away and everything ends up being super small, it's not even fun playing like that....I am a fan of Live by the way...it's just that they took out my favorite camera and now it's unplayable.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject:

Stay away from live. If you cant return it as soon as possible. Here is what you do. First remain calm. Seond throw it in the trash in a orderly fashion. Third go buy NBA 2k7 get a 360 if you dont have one and get it for that. However if you stick with PS2 2k7 is still alot better on it then Live.

BTW heres a sweet 2k7(360) tribute video.

NBA 2k7 review score average - 87%
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/932864.asp

NBA Live review score average - 65%
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/933709.asp?q=nba%20live%2007
kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Stay away from live. If you cant return it as soon as possible. Here is what you do. First remain calm. Seond throw it in the trash in a orderly fashion. Third go buy NBA 2k7 get a 360 if you dont have one and get it for that. However if you stick with PS2 2k7 is still alot better on it then Live.

BTW heres a sweet 2k7(360) tribute video.

NBA 2k7 review score average - 87%
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/932864.asp

NBA Live review score average - 65%
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/933709.asp?q=nba%20live%2007

thanks for your help. i've resisted the urge to open up the live 2007 game i bought. I will be returning it tomorrow. thanks all
"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06
kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject:

screw it. i'm not keeping either copy. i'm just going to continue playing live 2006 and ill save for an xbox 360. 2k7 looks great on xbox 360. i'll just wait. hopefully they are cheaper by then.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: