Shooting at my old college. Very Colombinesque. 1 person dead along with shooter many more in critical condition.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Shooting at my old college. Very Colombinesque. 1 person dead along with shooter many more in critical condition.

LINK

Quote:
One person has died after a shooting rampage at a Montreal college Wednesday, with the suspected gunman a 25-year-old Quebec man who also died.

This was the place I went to for 2 years during 99-01. I still know many friends who's siblings go to this school. A friend of mine actually was inside the building in class and had to baracade the door so that they could stop from the shooter coming in and shooting at them.

Really wierd feeling when you know the place and have spent so many moments (smoking area outside, cafeteria etc) with your friends during college days. Those same places were where this guy shot all those people.

Prayers should go for the family of the young woman and all the victims in critical condition right now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject:

^^^uh are you canadian??? i wouldnt of guessed.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Shooting at my old college. Very Colombinesque. 1 person dead along with shooter many more in critical condition.

wolfpaclaker wrote:
LINK

Quote:
One person has died after a shooting rampage at a Montreal college Wednesday, with the suspected gunman a 25-year-old Quebec man who also died.

This was the place I went to for 2 years during 99-01. I still know many friends who's siblings go to this school. A friend of mine actually was inside the building in class and had to baracade the door so that they could stop from the shooter coming in and shooting at them.

Really wierd feeling when you know the place and have spent so many moments (smoking area outside, cafeteria etc) with your friends during college days. Those same places were where this guy shot all those people.

Prayers should go for the family of the young woman and all the victims in critical condition right now.

sorry to hear that wolf. prayers have gone out as you requested.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject:

Quote:
uh are you canadian??? i wouldnt of guessed
Yes.

I'm guessing you are a Canucks fan?

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject:

Quote:
sorry to hear that wolf. prayers have gone out as you requested

Thank you post and pivot.

People have been indentified - the killer and the 1 victim a yound 18 year old girl.

The killer is basically a gothic video game (bleep) that thought it was his life mission to go kill people, even if it meant his own death. It's freaks like that give goths a bad name.

So horrible that a girl going to school gets killed like that.

I'm not anti gun-control but this goes to show you that despite Canada's gun control, even that cant stop things like this.

I would love to know who's the weapons dealer in this scenario. Whoever it is, better get out of town. I don't think the investigators will stop until they find out who supplied him with all that ammo. I wonder if the dealer even knew what this guy was up to.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
uh are you canadian??? i wouldnt of guessed
Yes.

I'm guessing you are a Canucks fan?

Yeah die hard Canucks fan....Lakers and Nucks FOREVER!!!!!

Anyways very sad story...i heard the news about this on the radio going to work....my prayers will go out to them and I will light a candle at church on sunday!!!!!
Canadian Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject:

There is no "gun control" here in Canada. The Liberal gun registry? Please! Only legitimate owners (hunters/gun collectors etc.) have registered, and those people are not the people we should worry about.

On the other hand, politicians cop out and use the old "guns come across the border from the evil Americans" excuse. How about toughening up the laws relating to gun crime? Use a gun in a crime and you get minimum 10-15 years, no parole. Create an actual deterrent!

You'll start hearing people blaming video games or heavy metal or whatever else comes up as an excuse for this tragedy. Very sad.

Wolfpaclaker, I hope everyone you know is safe. My prayers go out to the victims and everyone else affected by this senseless violence as well.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
sorry to hear that wolf. prayers have gone out as you requested

Thank you post and pivot.

People have been indentified - the killer and the 1 victim a yound 18 year old girl.

The killer is basically a gothic video game (bleep) that thought it was his life mission to go kill people, even if it meant his own death. It's freaks like that give goths a bad name.

So horrible that a girl going to school gets killed like that.

I'm not anti gun-control but this goes to show you that despite Canada's gun control, even that cant stop things like this.

I would love to know who's the weapons dealer in this scenario. Whoever it is, better get out of town. I don't think the investigators will stop until they find out who supplied him with all that ammo. I wonder if the dealer even knew what this guy was up to.

no problem wolf, i got your back.

as for the thing about giving goth a bad name. well to keep it as real as we can under the circumstances. and real may offend people, and usually does from time to time. Some of Goth's basic principles evolve around the grave/death/darkness which usually attaches itself to evil which is the opoosite of light, life, and Colorful things once again representing Life in those things. Of course this doesn't mean because your dress in this manner or even hang in this subculture that you are a killer or crazy person. But it does mean you have some fascination with death. when you become fascinating with the incorrect thing especially when you're under the age of 25. No telling what might happen. You might go overboard and do something irreversible.

I mean sure if the kid lived to see 35, he may look at this event as the worse thing he ever did. and it wouldn't have anything to do with his punishment. He would be older and wiser by then(usually).

Its similar to some kids who love to listen to hiphop now. but they love the more supposed gangster rap/hustla music. some of them start to mimic the swagger of these rappers who are mimicing the swagger/attitude of actual gangstas, thugs, hustlas, etc. Next thing you know some little kid has a gun, next thing you know some little kid is selling weed at school, on some, "let me see if Young Jeezy was right". Thats kind of stuff. can't blame the music. because the music is a reflection of society good and bad. But once again, youngsters being over fascinated with a known negative lifestyle. not fully understanding the consequences. not just for self, but what can happen to others when you sell drugs. you're destroying whole families sometimes. etc, etc. but because of your youth, you're almost to young to value life the same way someone who has lived a little bit longer. So you do stuff on a whim.

anyway, add this in to the last thing you said about guns and tougher gun laws up there. it might help a little. but not enough to make a dent. You can't scare people who dont care. or i should say, who are to Ignorant to care. Ignorance can once again come from youth, and the lack of supervision that child needs(needed while growing up). and not just tough love. but soft love as well. its a combination. we have the same problem in the states. War on Drugs, War on whatever else. aint solved a thing. Just made these crazy kids, more ticked. so that means you have to take the Crazy out of the kids in order to stop it or lessen it to a huge degree.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Good points, my man.

One would think that people would have learned from Colombine that there's some real issues out there with the young guys these days. I mean people have made out their own little generic identities that they feel they must conform to.

It's come to the point where we may just have to believe that everyone is bad and that we must all be treated that way even if most of us wouldn't think about killing another human being. That may be the only way to keep things like this from happening.

Noone would have thought someone would take shots at a school like this. Maybe it's time now for there to be two security guards at each gate/entry armed and ready to shoot back.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Good points, my man.

One would think that people would have learned from Colombine that there's some real issues out there with the young guys these days. I mean people have made out their own little generic identities that they feel they must conform to.

It's come to the point where we may just have to believe that everyone is bad and that we must all be treated that way even if most of us wouldn't think about killing another human being. That may be the only way to keep things like this from happening.

Noone would have thought someone would take shots at a school like this. Maybe it's time now for there to be two security guards at each gate/entry armed and ready to shoot back.

I dont think you really want a police state at school like that. i know i wouldn't. I already felt like i was in jail going to school in the inner cities. with the super High gates. now you go to the nice schools in the valley areas or the outskirts. and very short gates, or even lockers on the outside of school. If they treat you like crazy caged animals, you will start to see more people turn into crazy caged animals.

we can't keep skipping steps trying to fight the problem from the side. we have to attack it like i suggested. what is the real issue? it aint goth, it aint the music, it aint just crazy kids. what makes a normal cute little kid go Columbine? something snaps. somewhere a screw is jard loose. Thats what we need to find out.

cause truth be told. whats the difference between a gangsta, crazy columbine type shooters, rapist, murders, and people who dont do these things? 1. we stop ourselves from doing crazy things we think about. cause bottom line. we've all thought about taking someone out or ourselves. Dont lie about it. its true. you just had enough sense to stop yourself. shoot by the grace of GOd you had enough sense. or else one of us might not be posting on LG today.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: