Where to find a great deal for the T-Mobile MDA or Verizon VX6700?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Where to find a great deal for the T-Mobile MDA or Verizon VX6700?

Does anyone know where I can get those for about $50 with no mail-in rebates with 1 or 2 year plan (voice only)?

I've heard that in Chinese or other Asian cell phone shops I can get deals like that.

Of course I will check the Korean stores as well, where I got my RAZR phone more than a year ago for less than 50 bucks when everyone was paying 200 or some obscene price like that.

Any input will be appreciated, including why I should go with VX6700 instead of the MDA.
ToughKarl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject:

I think you can get the MDA for free with one year contract at most Asian stores. If you live around Orange County, CA it's not hard to find one.
You can also by it on Amazon for 50 (it will be free after rebate).
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject:

I can't tell you where to get the phones for cheap, but I can tell help you with your choice of which to get.

They are boyh made by HTC of Tawain. If you want to really get the down low check out this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/front_page.php.

As you can see there is a much better/bigger community for pimping your phone on the MDA/8125 side.

I have the Cingular version of the MDA - the 8125 and highly recommend it.

Remember Verizon and Sprint , which has a version also, are on the cdma lines which are only used in the U.S. Their networks boast faster internet speeds using these phones at the time, but they are tapped out and won't be getting any better.

The Cingular, TMobile, Orange, I-mate and Dopod version (same phone/different styling) all use sim cards and can be used internationally on each others networks once you easily unlock the phone's sim cards and can be upgraded once you easily unlock the CID. All this is explained in the forums at the link. The phone isn't 3G capable so you have to use Edge which is decent but not as fast as the Verizon/Sprint network. 3G isn't really rolled out here in the States except for a few choice places so it's no big deal.

Both sets have wi-fi (awesome) and the slide out qwerty keyboard is awesome. My phone is nicely customed and since I use it 12-16 hours a day, I appreciate it.

Just a little info from a nerd. Peace

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: