Steve Irwin aka Croc Hunter Dies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject:

According to a couple news articles I read, the footage will eventually be shown on television per Steve's wishes.
ryuvienco
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: A big loss...

I am currently trying to leave a message on the discovery website and its taking a long time to get to the last page. This shows how much this man affected everyones lives whether it was for environmental reasons or entertainment reasons. I started watching Croc Hunter in college. I try to catch his shows every now and then, but I know when I did catch it, it was very educational yet entertaining to watch. He's one of the few people that you see on TV that always went 110% because he was so passionate about what he did. It made the TV show that much better. He passed away in doing what he loved the most, being out in nature.

Rest in peace croc hunter. My heart and prayers go out to the family.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject:

What a tragic loss. A passionate environmentalist who entertained, informed, and connected with adults and children alike.

Crikey Steve, you were a real beauty
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject:

RIP Steve, he died doing what he loved, not such a bad way to go.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
According to a couple news articles I read, the footage will eventually be shown on television per Steve's wishes.

Quote:
CROCODILE HUNTER DEATH TO BE BROADCAST?

LATEST: The footage of late Australian naturalist STEVE IRWIN being killed by a stingray could be shown on TV.

Charismatic Irwin, dubbed the Crocodile Hunter after his internationally acclaimed TV show, died yesterday (04SEP06) while diving on Australia's Great Barrier Reef.

Irwin was filming for a new documentary when he lost his life, and his cameraman shot the moment when the stingray's barbed tail stabbed the legendary conservationist through the heart.

The tapes are currently being held by Queensland police - but Irwin's family are determined to respect his last wishes and allow the harrowing footage to be broadcast.

Irwin once insisted, "My number one rule is to keep that camera rolling. Even if it's shaky or slightly out of focus, I don't give a rip. "Even if a big old alligator is chewing me up I want to go down and go, 'Crikey!' just before I die. That would be the ultimate for me."

An insider tells British newspaper the Daily Star, "This is exactly what Steve would have wanted. He knew the dangers and was totally up for the cameras to get everything."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject:

This death really bothered me. I miss him already, and yes of all the celebrities to die it has to be this great great guy. I wouldnt mind so much if it was some shallow self absorbed celebrity on a cocaine binge doing 100 MPH in Malibu but Steve Irwin was a very good guy.

re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject:

Loads of Steve Irwin memorial videos...
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject:

If Steve's friend, John Stainton has anything to do with it, it won't be shown

"I would never want that tape shown," he told CNN talk show host Larry King in an interview during which he broke down in tears several times.

"It should be destroyed.

"At the moment it is in police custody for evidence. There's a coroner's inquest taking place at the moment.

"When that is finally released it will never see the light of day.

"Never-ever."

LINK
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject:

it shouldn't be shown.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: