Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Wanting Pau gone so Kaman can play reminds me of when people wanted Dwight gone so Pau could play.

I don't necessarily want him gone, i just wish our coach would recognize when he is being punked and put someone else in the game to match the opposing team's energy. MDA sucks with adjustments! It's either that or he is too stubborn.

I haven't noticed him being terrible in that aspect. You're not guilty of this but I see a lot of people in here that automatically assume anyone who isn't on the floor would be a game changer if he was. They see every loss or cold stretch as an instance where the wrong people were in the game.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject:

It's always wrong for our best players to not close games.
mattnz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:
Hill was gassed at the end of the game. Did you not see him miss like 3 shots in a row. That's why Gasol was in. Kelly guarded Lebron for one possession whoopdeedo. Ray Allen will hit 3's every game. You are ridiculous.

this.
Complaining about one of the best shooters ever making 3's is stupid.
Kelly got lebron on a switch no?
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
Wanting Pau gone so Kaman can play reminds me of when people wanted Dwight gone so Pau could play.

I don't necessarily want him gone, i just wish our coach would recognize when he is being punked and put someone else in the game to match the opposing team's energy. MDA sucks with adjustments! It's either that or he is too stubborn.

I haven't noticed him being terrible in that aspect. You're not guilty of this but I see a lot of people in here that automatically assume anyone who isn't on the floor would be a game changer if he was. They see every loss or cold stretch as an instance where the wrong people were in the game.

I think Kaman could have helped there a bit, not on O, but maybe putting a body on Bosh. Pau wasn't doing so much of that.. but I still am proud of the effort. Everyone expected a beat down, this was a game we had and could have won if we just made half of our FTs even...So, for me it was not so bad...
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
where24happens wrote:
This was such a winnable game too. So many missed 3's, so many missed FT's, dumbass foolish turnovers at critical times from X and Farmar. and of course another one of Pau's absurdly zero impact zero defense games.

The ONLY disappointing thing I had for X-mas & I basically didn't pay much attention cause I knew already how bad the players rotations & coach putting players in where or when they shouldn't be!!!

Young, Meeks, Farmar, Williams, Henry, Hill & Johnson have potential or can be a great bench going forward. The rest I would move including the 4 over paid guys (Pau, Kobe, Nash & Blake). Greatest weakness though is the wishy washy contradicting in coaching & media is the Dan'Phoni he absolutely stinks & I'm tired of hearing the ESPN analysts giving excuse for this guy!!! Most disgusting sequence was Pau slamming a sure dunk or layup off board leading to a dunk & the prima donna not getting a "T" for hanging on the rim for timing a soft boiled egg???

HASN'T ANYONE THOUGHT OF STARTING A PETITION TO GET MDA FIRED, just maybe management would take the fans more seriously!!!

How do you get a defferent coach would of gave us a better result? The roster just isn't that good how in the hell do you all believe we are going to beat top Tier teams by having a defferent roster?

No wonder why I don't post here that often always a basketball IQ wizard that knows better???

HC: Riley
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject:

mattnz wrote:
where24happens wrote:
Hill was gassed at the end of the game. Did you not see him miss like 3 shots in a row. That's why Gasol was in. Kelly guarded Lebron for one possession whoopdeedo. Ray Allen will hit 3's every game. You are ridiculous.

this.

Yes, it was a switch, unfortunate one at that.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject:

mattnz wrote:
where24happens wrote:

this.

Complaining about leaving him wide open is stupid?
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
mattnz wrote:
where24happens wrote:

this.

Unfortunate he was in the game at all, yes.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
mattnz wrote:
where24happens wrote:

this.

I thought he played fine.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
mattnz wrote:
where24happens wrote:

this.

You don't leave him in when you pull out Hill and the game is on the line in the fourth quarter. Guy hasn't gotten PT at all this year until the last 2 games. Yeah, he played fine, but that possession was a killer.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
mattnz wrote:
where24happens wrote:

this.

You don't leave him in when you pull out Hill and the game is on the line in the fourth quarter. Guy hasn't gotten PT at all this year until the last 2 games. Yeah, he played fine, but that possession was a killer.

Why arent you as focused on Hills 20 foot airball over Ray Allen? Or his missed chippies inside? This game wasnt won or lost with one play.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
where24happens wrote:
This was such a winnable game too. So many missed 3's, so many missed FT's, dumbass foolish turnovers at critical times from X and Farmar. and of course another one of Pau's absurdly zero impact zero defense games.

The ONLY disappointing thing I had for X-mas & I basically didn't pay much attention cause I knew already how bad the players rotations & coach putting players in where or when they shouldn't be!!!

Young, Meeks, Farmar, Williams, Henry, Hill & Johnson have potential or can be a great bench going forward. The rest I would move including the 4 over paid guys (Pau, Kobe, Nash & Blake). Greatest weakness though is the wishy washy contradicting in coaching & media is the Dan'Phoni he absolutely stinks & I'm tired of hearing the ESPN analysts giving excuse for this guy!!! Most disgusting sequence was Pau slamming a sure dunk or layup off board leading to a dunk & the prima donna not getting a "T" for hanging on the rim for timing a soft boiled egg???

HASN'T ANYONE THOUGHT OF STARTING A PETITION TO GET MDA FIRED, just maybe management would take the fans more seriously!!!

How do you get a defferent coach would of gave us a better result? The roster just isn't that good how in the hell do you all believe we are going to beat top Tier teams by having a defferent roster?

No wonder why I don't post here that often always a basketball IQ wizard that knows better???

Basketball IQ? no
Basketball common sense!! yes
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
mattnz wrote:
where24happens wrote:

this.

Why arent you as focused on Hills 20 foot airball over Ray Allen? Or his missed chippies inside? This game wasnt won or lost with one play.

Players miss shots, I'd rather focus on defense and rebounding, things you can control.

Hill needed a breather, but didn't need to spend the entire remainder of the game on the bench.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
mattnz wrote:
where24happens wrote:

this.

Players miss shots, I'd rather focus on defense and rebounding, things you can control.

Hill needed a breather, but didn't need to spend the entire remainder of the game on the bench.

I don't think Jordan Hill would have had a chance out on an island against LeBron either. Those plays are designed to create a switch and a favorable matchup for LeBron so if it wasn't Kelly, it would have been someone else.

A lot of Miamis open threes were created by the same concept. They force a switch where another guy comes over to help and then Pau or Hill has to rotate from under the basket to close out on a shooter. Of course, neither one is very good at it.

You spend more time picking apart MDAs decisions than I do so you probably notice a lot of blunders I overlook. I just see the deficiencies with this team being much more related to talent than coaching. They have a good cohesive group of guys but they're a team of bench players.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject:

I stayed away from posting during the game because we were doing so well. I didn't want to come in a jinx them. Jordan coming back made a little difference. Gives me hope that when we're full strength we're going to be a force to be reckoned with.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
theunknownsoldier
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I stayed away from posting during the game because we were doing so well. I didn't want to come in a jinx them. Jordan coming back made a little difference. Gives me hope that when we're full strength we're going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Somewhere over the rainbow.........
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject:

I hope other teams don't have QFTOS on their forums because our posts after every loss are twice as hilarious as anything I've read.

eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

I hope other teams don't have QFTOS on their forums because our posts after every loss are twice as hilarious as anything I've read.

thejet24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Welcome to life after Kobe.

No game thread for a Friday night game....

Hope the Buss family is really considering selling the franchise. Without their dad, it might be best before they bring the value of the franchise down some more.

Hearing Max and Marcellus yesterday, and Marcellus says he has been told those type of discussions have been had amongst the family.
LakerCity
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject:

i wouldn't be surprised. There's always been a power struggle between Jeanie and Jim and its always going to be that way. Franchise needs 1 clear cut owner who runs things. There was even an SI article in the late 90s that predicted this would happen after Dr Buss died. The power struggle was even brewing then. It might be best to just sell the team for a billion or two. They'd have AEG and Patrick-Soon Shiong ready to buy off top.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47
Page 47 of 47
Jump to: