Lakers in News July 2, 2012: Dwight Howard Can’t Rescue the Los Angeles Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject:

Rigged4fun wrote:
Here's my take on all of this. Unless Kobe's contract runs out, retires or he's traded the Lakers will be sentenced mediocrity. Given his deteriorating skills, and his almost half of the salary cap, how can the Lakers get any better? We all agree they need to get younger, faster and more athletic, yet how do you do that by sacrificing Pau? You're not going get young impact players for him. Even if you trade Drew for Dwight it's a push. They only way the Lakers are going to get better is either by drafting or tradilng for under developed talent. Most of the under developed talent are rookies and 2nd year players who are still cheap enough to keep.

I value Kobe as an asset, however realisitically he's an albatross for the next 3 years.

Exactly. Couldn't agree more. Now watch the Kobe Mafia come in and try to debate this.

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
SouljahPhil...
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject:

Rigged4fun wrote:
Here's my take on all of this. Unless Kobe's contract runs out, retires or he's traded the Lakers will be sentenced mediocrity. Given his deteriorating skills, and his almost half of the salary cap, how can the Lakers get any better? We all agree they need to get younger, faster and more athletic, yet how do you do that by sacrificing Pau? You're not going get young impact players for him. Even if you trade Drew for Dwight it's a push. They only way the Lakers are going to get better is either by drafting or tradilng for under developed talent. Most of the under developed talent are rookies and 2nd year players who are still cheap enough to keep.

I value Kobe as an asset, however realisitically he's an albatross for the next 3 years.

kobe has 2 more years left...
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject:

SouljahPhil... wrote:
Rigged4fun wrote:

Kobe's skills are not detriorating.. its his unwillingness to accept that he is no longer as young as he used to be thats wrecking havoc on his game and the team. No need to be taking and clanking all those jumpers, no need for "KoME" ball.. no need to prove he is still good.. he needs to defer!!! Be willing to defer.. And please don't tell me no one makes shots when he does, thats a load of BS.

Kobe is still the best, but he needs to understand the energy he had before is no longer that.. Imagine if he started passing the ball? Sheesh
MemphisLAker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
SouljahPhil... wrote:
Rigged4fun wrote:

Kobe's skills are not detriorating.. its his unwillingness to accept that he is no longer as young as he used to be thats wrecking havoc on his game and the team. No need to be taking and clanking all those jumpers, no need for "Kobe" ball.. no need to prove he is still good.. he needs to defer!!! Be willing to defer.. And please don't tell me no one makes shots when he does, thats a load of BS.

Kobe is still the best, but he needs to understand the energy he had before is no longer that.. Imagine if he started passing the ball? Sheesh

Defer to who? Kobe could average 12 assists a game if there was someone to knock down shots.
Rico
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
SouljahPhil... wrote:
Rigged4fun wrote:

Kobe's skills are not detriorating.. its his unwillingness to accept that he is no longer as young as he used to be thats wrecking havoc on his game and the team. No need to be taking and clanking all those jumpers, no need for "Kobe" ball.. no need to prove he is still good.. he needs to defer!!! Be willing to defer.. And please don't tell me no one makes shots when he does, thats a load of BS.

The current team is built around Kobe taking 23 shots per game and making 10-11 of them. If kobe only took 13 shots per game we would be doomed. Did you see how poorly Pau and Bynum shot the ball when Kobe was out? They cant take 20+ SPG. I dont have the exact stats in front of me but i know for a fact both shot under 50% from the field when kobe was out.

Kobe has to be a volume scorer for the team to excel. Otherwise you get a bunch of bad shots and bad offense because we dont have PG play or outside shooting
ParTneR888
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject:

If ever LA land howard they still need a good point guard and some 3 point shooters....w/ howard on the line up LA will be horrible in their free throw %, might end up as the league's worst FT shooting team.
Team of the 80's
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Peoples Hernandez wrote:
Rigged4fun wrote:

Exactly. Couldn't agree more. Now watch the Kobe Mafia come in and try to debate this.

No debate needed clown. See you at the parade.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: