Lakers in News June 25, 2012: What should the Lakers do with Ramon Sessions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject:

thumpinghead wrote:
I say 4 year 20 million all guaranteed.

That's probably what the Lakers are thinking of ... although I suspect they'll try to do 3/15 years instead of 4/20.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject:

If Ramon just kills it this off season to work on defense, strength and shooting, shooting, shooting ... he could be the point guard he showed the potential to be against Dallas, all the time.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
If Ramon just kills it this off season to work on defense, strength and shooting, shooting, shooting ... he could be the point guard he showed the potential to be against Dallas, all the time.

This sounds like what Milwaukee, Minnesota, and Cleveland said...
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
Make him two offers, one 2 year worth 7-10 mil with a player opt 2nd year and the other a 3 year deal with the third year being a team option worth 12-15 mil. The Lakers can't afford to give out any more bad deals in this new cba, especially with the chance of having cap room in two years.

Mmmm... I hope don't mean $7-10M annually.

There a lot of PG's out there. Sessions hasn't proven anything, and I think he'll be lucky to break $6M a year.

The optimal contact for the Lakers would be to offer Sessions 2 yrs $10M which is a slight raise and 3r year team option for $6M or buyout of $1M which I think is fair.

No, somewhere between 3-5 mil a year. Anything else and he can walk. I actually would have liked to see them keep their two picks this year. If Sessions does get overpaid elsewhere, then the Lakers threw away yet another pick to get rid of another bad contract.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject:

I don't know how much the Lakers can offer, but they will probably do the same thing they did with Kwame, Bynum, and other players. They will probably overpay in the dollar amount, but in return they get a shorter commitment to years. Maybe 6-7 mil a year, but for 2 maybe 3 years(I'm just throwing out ballpark numbers).
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Metta World Peace Says The Lakers Are The NBA’s Best Team And Don’t Need To Make Any Changes

Metta World Peace joined The Dan Patrick Show to talk about who he was rooting for during the NBA Finals, whether he expects to be back in Los Angeles this year, what he would do if he was the general manager of the Lakers, if he would like Lamar Odom back in LA and what he would like to do once his NBA career comes to an end.

Who he was rooting for in the Finals: "Obviously I played with Derek (Fisher). Without Derek I probably wouldn't have a championship ring so I was hoping he could get number six. Then, I'm a big fan of LeBron James except when I play against him but I was hoping LeBron could get one too. I played with Shane Battier so I was going for everybody. (Host: Were you rooting for James Harden?) Yeah definitely. I thought James definitely deserved a ring because he played so well. It was that simple. He played so well but it got to a point where he was moving a little bit too fast out there and they stopped running together. So after that, thought OKC was probably too young."

Whether he expects to be back in Los Angeles this year: "I don't like to plan that far ahead. (Host: It's only a couple of months.) Yeah but I love my summers and so I try to stay out of basketball business in the summer time. I try to just work out, I like to play basketball and for the most part I don't pay attention to what goes on in the summertime and I think we have a great general manager, Mitch Kupchak is doing a great job, so I don't think I have to worry about anything. (Host: Do you plan on being back with the Lakers?) It's not up to me if I'm back or not. It's up to the thing that's necessary for the Lakers to win titles and it's up to the decision makers."

What he would do if he were general manager of the Lakers:
"Just tell them to play together. That's it. Real simple. We are the best team in the NBA. We don't need no changes. I think we have the best team and even the time when we had Sasha (Vujacic) and Jordan Farmar and Josh Powell I thought we didn't have to make changes and the same thing right now. Obviously everybody is really intrigued to see what up with this Lamar Odom situation but we have the best team in the NBA. We just have to play together on a more consistent basis and we just have to play with some confidence out there so we can help Kobe. You know Kobe is going to play with confidence and I think everyone playing with confidence is going to give Kobe confidence to trust his teammates and things like that."

Whether he would like Lamar Odom back with the Lakers:
"I love the team that we have now. I love Troy Murphy, I love Josh (McRoberts), I love Jordan Hill who is amazing. The team we had this year we like. Obviously if Lamar wants to come back that's like my brother so I will always welcome that but I like the team we have right now. There's a couple of adjustment we have to make within ourselves like Andrew Bynum dominating the whole season, dominating every second whether it is with the pass or the score, and really staying involved and engaged. Different little things like that help out a team. Just another year under Coach Brown. He wasn't out there turning the ball over, he wasn't out there out of shape, that wasn't Coach Brown so it was a little bit of everything and I think it's an easy adjustment for us to make."

What he plans on doing once his NBA career comes to an end:
"I'm not sure yet. I still like coaching. I think I may want to coach for a little bit or try to be an assistant or a general manager for a little bit or something like that. I don't want to do that too long because I do want to act and I'm thinking about talk show possibilities too. I'm not sure yet."

LINK
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan4 wrote:
Quote:
Metta World Peace Says The Lakers Are The NBA’s Best Team And Don’t Need To Make Any Changes

Metta World Peace joined The Dan Patrick Show to talk about who he was rooting for during the NBA Finals, whether he expects to be back in Los Angeles this year, what he would do if he was the general manager of the Lakers, if he would like Lamar Odom back in LA and what he would like to do once his NBA career comes to an end.

Who he was rooting for in the Finals: "Obviously I played with Derek (Fisher). Without Derek I probably wouldn't have a championship ring so I was hoping he could get number six. Then, I'm a big fan of LeBron James except when I play against him but I was hoping LeBron could get one too. I played with Shane Battier so I was going for everybody. (Host: Were you rooting for James Harden?) Yeah definitely. I thought James definitely deserved a ring because he played so well. It was that simple. He played so well but it got to a point where he was moving a little bit too fast out there and they stopped running together. So after that, thought OKC was probably too young."

Whether he expects to be back in Los Angeles this year: "I don't like to plan that far ahead. (Host: It's only a couple of months.) Yeah but I love my summers and so I try to stay out of basketball business in the summer time. I try to just work out, I like to play basketball and for the most part I don't pay attention to what goes on in the summertime and I think we have a great general manager, Mitch Kupchak is doing a great job, so I don't think I have to worry about anything. (Host: Do you plan on being back with the Lakers?) It's not up to me if I'm back or not. It's up to the thing that's necessary for the Lakers to win titles and it's up to the decision makers."

"Just tell them to play together. That's it. Real simple. We are the best team in the NBA. We don't need no changes. I think we have the best team and even the time when we had Sasha (Vujacic) and Jordan Farmar and Josh Powell I thought we didn't have to make changes and the same thing right now. Obviously everybody is really intrigued to see what up with this Lamar Odom situation but we have the best team in the NBA. We just have to play together on a more consistent basis and we just have to play with some confidence out there so we can help Kobe. You know Kobe is going to play with confidence and I think everyone playing with confidence is going to give Kobe confidence to trust his teammates and things like that."

"I love the team that we have now. I love Troy Murphy, I love Josh (McRoberts), I love Jordan Hill who is amazing. The team we had this year we like. Obviously if Lamar wants to come back that's like my brother so I will always welcome that but I like the team we have right now. There's a couple of adjustment we have to make within ourselves like Andrew Bynum dominating the whole season, dominating every second whether it is with the pass or the score, and really staying involved and engaged. Different little things like that help out a team. Just another year under Coach Brown. He wasn't out there turning the ball over, he wasn't out there out of shape, that wasn't Coach Brown so it was a little bit of everything and I think it's an easy adjustment for us to make."

"I'm not sure yet. I still like coaching. I think I may want to coach for a little bit or try to be an assistant or a general manager for a little bit or something like that. I don't want to do that too long because I do want to act and I'm thinking about talk show possibilities too. I'm not sure yet."

LINK

Congrats to the interviewer, who caught Metta at exactly the perfect time: Not totally off his meds, but late on the current dose...
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
LakerFan4 wrote:
Quote:

LINK

Congrats to the interviewer, who caught Metta at exactly the perfect time: Not totally off his meds, but late on the current dose...

Hope Metta is right there, because of so few options. If we stay basically the same, then we better be a phenomenal defensive team 10 months from now.
soltini
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Let him sign elsewhere, he dissapeared in the playoffs.
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
My thanks to our new intrepid news team

Yes,and I'll help somedays but never want to post titles again.

Too dangerous

It would be nice if we could form a news team. Knowone would feel the total responsibility on them alone.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: