Lakers in the News June 14, 2012: Mike Brown Is Hoping LeBron James Wins His First NBA Title

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Lakers in the News June 14, 2012: Mike Brown Is Hoping LeBron James Wins His First NBA Title

Quote:
Lakers star World Peace extends his visit to counsel Metro Vancouver youth

NBA player Metta World Peace’s love for Vancouver is helping out struggling youths in the Downtown Eastside and Surrey.

World Peace arrived in Vancouver June 6 and was only supposed to stay five days to film a movie — but he didn’t want to leave what he refers to as “the second Hollywood.”

“I really do like the city — only five days of filming, but I wound up staying an extra 12 days,” he said.

But on top of exploring the “beautiful landscape,” he wants to give back, so on Wednesday he paid a visit to the Pathfinder Youth Centre Society in Surrey and the Vancouver Street Soccer League.

“I might come here and do what I do — entertain — but why not give back?” he said.

World Peace donated $500 to each charity.

“I wanted to do one thing while I was in Vancouver (and that) was to give back to Hastings,” he said.

LINK

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:43 am; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers Fans’ Ill Feelings Toward David Stern Validated on Jim Rome Show

Los Angeles Lakers fans already have many reasons to be cynical and disengaged when it comes to matters involving NBA commissioner David Stern, but on Wednesday, June 13, 2012, he one-upped himself.
In a heated exchange on The Jim Rome Show, a nationally syndicated radio program hosted by the ever-polarizing Jim Rome, Stern became combative and defensive when Rome asked him a question that has been a hot-button issue in the NBA with respect to the 2012 NBA Draft:
"Was the fix in for the lottery?" Rome inquired.
Stern was clearly upset by the question and responded quickly:
"You know, I have two answers for that," he said. "I'll give you the easy one -- no. And a statement: Shame on you for asking."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lakers-fans-ill-feelings-toward-david-stern-validated-135600063--nba.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:32 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Forum: Ramon Sessions and the Lakers

Ramon Sessions has until June 20 to decide whether to exercise his player option for the final year of his contract or test free agency. Is it in the Lakers' best interests for the point guard to stick around for another campaign? Kevin Arnovitz, Dave McMenamin and I debate the question

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/31354/the-forum-ramon-sessions-and-the-lakers
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject:

Thanks for doing this, wolf.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Mike Brown Is Hoping LeBron James Wins His First NBA Title One Day But Not at the Expense of His Lakers

Mike Brown has been very fortunate in his coaching career to this point. He has had the opportunity to coach both LeBron James and Kobe Bryant. After cutting his teeth as an assistant coach, Brown was given his first opportunity to be a head coach in Cleveland where he had the opportunity to coach LeBron James. After numerous wins and accomplishments but not championships in Cleveland, Brown was let go. He then landed on his feet coaching Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers this past season. His first year in LA was a bit of a rollercoaster. There were some injuries to deal with, there was some drama and the Lakers season ended in the second round of the playoffs at the hands of the Oklahoma City Thunder, which in Los Angeles is a big disappointment.

Mike Brown joined XX Sports Radio in San Diego with Josh and Charod to talk about how tough it has been for him to watch the playoffs this season, whether coaching the Lakers was what he expected it to be, if he thought his team was good enough this season to win a championship, whether Andrew Bynum is coachable, the difference between LeBron James and Kobe Bryant and what it was like coaching LeBron.

LINK
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: